1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Rewards got NERFED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

For personal rewards: 25 + 50 + 100 = 175 gems.
    For clan rewards: 50 gems.
    Total from event: 225 gems

Whats obviously new? 3rd last clan reward is now 250 energy for event.

I guess you really need to fight in the arena to get gems.

Also: BLACK FORCE FIELDS alert at low levels. White SS will go thru them

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    RNGesus likes this.
  2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

250 energy cells now when before it was 1,000 diamonds. Seems fair :-(

3. Epic Buttstomp

I am not complaining. It makes the "freeloaders" and "low performers" in the clan hurt more because they won't get as much free gems from the efforts of others.

This force field setup means I will have to use just 2 Chucks in my event team. Maybe Dr P needs to come in. I moved Bomb (thunderdome) in already. Matilda can stay. Maybe another Matilda.

4. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

I've read on other forum, that some players still have the old rewards. Which i think is unfair, if you change something then so be it but for everyone. Good thing I've saved up close to 50k of diamonds

Redwing likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I don’t agree. Think it hurts everyone. Low performers will continue to under perform whether they get 10k gems or none. They don’t contribute to the clan nor play enough to benefit from the rewards and good birds. Active players will have to decide on the level of selfishness with reduce quality rewards. Maybe it hurts highly evolved players who use these gems to augment getting elite birds forcing them to spend money or more money.

Ceez, A. Wolf and Redwing like this.
  6. Epic Buttstomp

The way I see it is clan members (50 members clan) will need to get the 12,000 event point themselves instead of depending on the more active players to make up the differences.

Rovio will never complain about the "highly involved players" who invest with real $$. They will never get booted even if they hack/cheat as long as $$ keep rolling into Rovio's bank account.

7. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Yeah but the lower players in the clan still won't hit 12k. The overall rewards going down won't be enough of an incentive for them to pick up their scores, it might even push them to not bother trying at all. Either way it's the players that play the most that lose out, now they can't afford to use gems to make up the difference AND they have really terrible rewards overall to boot.

Gatorops, Redwing and Epic Buttstomp like this.
  8. Redwing

Redwing Tiny Birdy

Looks like the level rewards have dropped the gems in favour of energy as well. I don't think energy boosts are going to provide much incentive for people to try for L50. This is going to hurt non-paying clans. I'm already seeing it in my clan, with gem cost perks dropping back to 2 stars because they're cheaper to maintain. Before the gem nerfs, it was rare to see perks stay at 3 stars for any length of time.

9. Epic Buttstomp

Only the players that have been around for months and played carefully will have plenty of gems. Starters will struggle.

Good luck for those who decide to start from scratch with separate account, join a low level clan or form a new clan. Unless they want to give Rovio cash donations.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Redwing likes this.
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

As always Rovio badly misses the big picture here assuming their goal was people spending MORE gems. Replacing them with more energy make its even easier to finish an already easy event for free...
    Taking such a huge swing & chopping the Gems only pisses off players & makes them less likely to spend their precious few. I know a lot of my clan was spending gems much more freely the last couple months on event (even competing with each other for event scores) & on clan perks. Now, I am already hearing them say they wont anymore...

Redwing and Epic Buttstomp like this.
  11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

You can't really say it much better than this. I have no incentive to spend on restoring energy now, and I will be much more frugal with my gems since I know I won't be able to restore them more easily. I was actually spending a few bucks once or twice to buy the evolution packages when I had run out of gems. The reason why? I would spend all my gems knowing they would be restored and then run out. In order to achieve my goals quickly, I would then spend a few dollars up front to buy gems in the short term, but in the long run have them restored by events.

In my mind, I feel like I am saving money, despite the fact that I am actually spending more! When Rovio is cheap like this I hoard my gems because idk when the next time I will get some for free. But when the gems are flowing and I spend too much thinking they will come soon, I actually have to buy gems during my shortfall to achieve my goals. Plus, if I am happy, I'm more likely to open my wallet than when I'm pissed and boycotting the game.

Redwing and A. Wolf like this.
  12. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

They also nerfed the rewards you get for every level you complete. I have not looked TOO closely, but there are no more gems as level rewards AT ALL (weren't there a few hundred or so available before?), and the energy rewards for beating a level are mostly insignificant--5 or 15 energy...reallY?? It gets UP TO 25, which IIRC used to be what you got for beating one of the first few levels before, now it is one of the 'best' rewards??

Since it has become nearly impossible for me to place in the top 5 of the weekly PvP race and they nerfed the rewards that you get for anything below that significantly my gem reserves had been dwindling slightly lately. This is primarily because I have been liberal in spending on clan perks and EM, but now that it seems it will be significantly more difficult to obtain gems at all, it will only hasten my departure from the game...Once my reserves have been exhausted, I doubt I will continue to play much, if at all...they are so darned short sighted it is sad.

I spent tons of money on this game in the beginning when the rewards were flowing (and gems were actually harder to come by, but silver & golds were much more attainable as normal rewards). Now I won't spend a penny. Primarily for the reason mentioned just above...I am not happy with the way this game (or company) treats its customers.

A. Wolf and Epic Buttstomp like this.
  13. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

The next event is supposed to have normal rewards

Attached Files:

Redwing likes this.
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Really, the MORE you give the more people are willing to spend & get used to spending ongoing.... & the converse is just as true.

Unless its intended to piss off vets & make us quit, I dont get it...

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Um, i think it may just be showing a shot from his last event & they have not updated it for next week yet...
    Or, this could have been put together before they decided on changing it this week?

16. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

Since it is a 'gameplay' screen, I would venture to guess that it is from the previous event...

17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

We second-guessed last time on the LB event and were wrong... let's wait and see. They've been right before.

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That was a totally different scenario. But yes, we can hope this week is just a brain fart on Rovio's part.

19. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Hatchling

Only good thing (if you can call it that) is the levels are easy. Went through all 50 without having to revive at all. Got two bombs in 7 silver hatches. I want another Matilda so I will burn through a few more tries and stop. Her event should be round sooner or later.

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

They could be testing the rewards change to see if it increases people's spending. I'd be curious to see the result.