1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event rewards change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigerangels42038, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Can anyone remember what all the event clan rewards where last week? Normally we get 18 berries, 14 silver tickets, 500 gems and 2 gold tickets. Those are the ones i remember since they are the most important. This week we are getting 17 berries (they changed the 1st personal berry rewards from 2 to 1), 8 silver tickets, 500 gems, 2 gold tickets. Checking my ticket rewards from last week in my inbox, they have dropped the 5 silver ticket reward from the clan event rewards and dropped the personal 3 silver down to 2, but i cant see what they have replaced the 5 silver with since i don't pay much attention to the other rewards. Anyone know what they have sneaked in as a replacement?

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I don't know exactly, but I do know there are way fewer Silver Tickets.
    Also, every week they lower the quantity of inventory in the "sale" that runs with the event while still calling it "4x value".
    This week they also increased the price, so at this rate in a couple months it will be minus 4x the value...

3. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Are you on ios or android? The one i have this week its the £9.99 & £19.99 & Free, its the same one i got offered last week with the same things as far as i can tell, ive had two versions of the buy 2 get 1 free deal, this one that adds up to £30 was the 1st one i ever got then later they started the £23 with one less gold ticket, now they are back to this one o_O
    They definitely are getting less valuable by throwing in things like anger & rage totems and lowering gems offered, they work out the value by turning everything into what it would cost to buy with gems then using the gem total work out what ordinary gem package the player would need to buy to pay for that total. Then what that price is, how many times more expensive is it than what price they are offering. By throwing in totems & berries instead of gems & tickets, they get to claim its 4 times the value since technically if a player wanted to buy them outside the deal then it would cost them 4 times as much. However its really just a way to keep charging the same price for less useful resources :rolleyes:

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Android. Last week it was 7.99, 19.99 & free. This week my offer is 9.99, 19.99 & free with fewer items.

Yeah, I know the concept but there are fewer of everything in the offer this week, last week had fewer than the week(s) before that.
    And, this week the price increased as well. That's why I said the "4x value" is not correct assuming they thought the 4x was originally true.

Not that I care really since I never spend a dime on Rovio anymore, especially after the huge "screw you" I just got today from Matys…

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Take a look at the top three players for this event. Each are below level 93. Top Two are from the same clan. On top of that they are not good clan members donation wise. Either they are foolish to have so many points for no benefit or there is something fishy

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Why is that weird to you? You don't need to be all that strong to play the event. You just would need to use up all your berries & maybe buy some as well to be on top (when there is no elite bird). Player level has nothing at all to do with that...

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I agree you do not have to be high level to play the game. What is odd that you have someone who played that much and still low level. When I was that low I would level up every two three days playing normal. Thus to play as much as they had to to get 18,204 either spent a lot of resources and or money. There would be no advantage to do so. No premium bird and you would level up many times. All three leaders are same clan of lower level players (94, 60, 80). Seems unrealistic to me

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think that's a stretch this time...
    I see nothing odd, just over zealous players. It's not like there's any extra rewards this go round for top spots.

9. Kenv47

Kenv47 Hatchling

I don't know if Rovio is trying to kill off this game, but they sure are doing a good job of it.

10. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

If they wanted to kill ABE they could have done it the way they have done in "Angry Birds Actions" couple years ago. Feel bad for the poor suckers who spent $$ on that one.

They new event format was good, just the requirements and no-eggs that are bad.

Arena rules were working fine so I am not sure why we haven't seen any arena rules for the last 4 weeks!!! I think arena rules should allow only the flocks that met the requirements to play the arena.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, they must have had a huge backlash / drop off by players over the Arena color weeks. I too have been surprised that they abandoned it completely. I'd like to see them tweak it so the colors are important again. Where they really went wrong with it was ever implementing the Strong Pigs. That was what totally made the Arena unplayable by slowing everything down.

1) They could alternate weeks with normal & color.
    2) Make the color only be bonus on that color day (Sat could be Rainbow day & Sun could be normal).
    3) I don't like the idea of preventing players from participating unless they "qualify" like Epic suggests. That's just unfair to new or unlucky players. Just giving the 10 trophy bonus for color participants like they did before is fine.

12. Epic Buttstomp

Newer players can field single color flocks just as good if they can field a dungeon team. It may be a crappy team but they will get match with players of similar strength usually. If you can give few days of warning it will be better.

Bonus for rules abiding players should be higher. Penalty should be applied for those who just want to bring their rule breakers team into the arena. Better yet, rules abiding team should face another rules abiding team instead of those oddball super-teams that break that week rules.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

It's not "breaking" any rules when the bonus is / was optional. No one ever broke any rules by not opting into the color weeks the way it was constructed...

14. Epic Buttstomp

But most rules abiding teams are generally weaker than the super flocks people normally bring into the arena. The red color week as an example, I have few prestieged red birds but they can't compete with those super flocks in the arena. They can compete against another red only team as both sides will struggle against the lack of speed. In contrary I can field a team of yellow or white that can defeat most. A team of 4 Chucks is a deadly team in most cases.

15. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

What bothered me about the rules was being penalized the same when a 'rule breaker' won the match. It did not make a lot of sense to me that we got penalized the BONUS trophies when the other team was not participating...

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  16. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The bonus trophies is a risk/reward scenario - you get 10 extra if you win while following the color restriction stipulation, but you lose an extra 10 when you don't. Your opponents teams don't necessarily even reflect what those actual players are really using when they play PvP matches, just a set of birds they happened to have on the team when the game pulls a snapshot for the AI to pilot; if someone happens to be playing MPDC when that happens, you're (probably) going to see a different set of birds than if they're running through a wave battle or mini-dungeon, etc.

Something I don't think I've seen anyone comment on is that since the Black bonus week, after the initial horrible bug with none of the pigs having any effect on death was fixed, all pigs across the board are the extra damage type; healing and timer pigs don't spawn any more, even though the weekly rules gimmicks have been suspended. This is a distinct improvement so I'm really hoping that was intentional and not just a bug caused by the "fix" that's been carried over in subsequent weeks.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, it's all sort of moot if they cant get the changes to work properly which they weren't most weeks (too many bugs with any change).
    And, that is why I like my idea of only needing to use a full color team on that color DAY. That way, if you have a crappy team with one or two colors it wont hurt your entire week so much. Also, as we all experienced, Red is by far the worst color of all to run as a team of 5 in the Arena & unfortunately that was the first color they did it with while also tweaking the pigs (ultra bad idea)…

RANT:
    Can we all PLEASE stop saying players are "cheating" when they are simply playing the game as it allows / intends? You may not like how someone plays but it's not cheating at all. Just like playing non stop by spending $$ in game is not cheating. I wont do it but it's what the game wants & how it's set up. Really, you could say those of us who don't spend $$ are the cheaters... lol

18. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Silly the purpose of forums is to bitch, complain and pass information amongst people with similar interests

If you believe there are no cheaters playing this game and other you are naive. But, who cares. You get get caught you are gone. My comments earlier was why do it for no reason. Spend that much money or cheat.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I never said there was NO cheating going on.
    I am specifically talking not about calling players cheaters for paying to play or simply playing the game as constructed which seems to constitute 95% of the time people claim cheating. Just because you (anyone) are frustrated with how Rovio decides to implement stupid game play ideas, it is no reason (and is not fair) to say people are cheating. By those standards the majority of players would be cheats...

Actual cheaters generally get caught so no need to keep throwing the term "cheaters" out there when the frustration should be aimed at Rovio...

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Not frustrated at all. Does not affect me or my clan. I get more angry at dead beat clan members and clan jumpers than any real thing in this game

Let’s assume you are correct, and no proof otherwise, then Rovio is doing everything correctly. If players will spend $/€/£/¥100s to put up high numbers when there is no benefit Rovio has no need to change anything. Their model is working and working well. I just don’t think this is always the case. Player and several other low level members of the same clan do not normally just decide to throw a lot of money to put up absurd numbers on events with no benefit and for average event birds. I will admit no proof, but it does appear odd to me.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.