1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gohst, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Gohst

Gohst Hatchling

How many events does it take to start completing lv 80 for master birds.

Just came back for the Carson event and while I have some 5star birds at or near 100 I haven’t had enough time to load up on evolution materials to get into the prestige levels just yet.

Just wondering how long folks took to level up their teams before the master reward was feasible?

Also taking suggestions on how to proceed with what I have now. Currently stuck on lv 71 with a team of 2 dr P (mind control) 1 beast (stun) 1 angro( crit) and I was using a fire rooster but also just leveled Annie to 80 with the chrono evolution. Team is lacking the DPS for the small pigs. But not sure if any of my other birds would be enough (both evo of Bomb, Carson, and a thrash) most still at level 80 due to lack of evo material as mentioned earlier.

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

For me, my first successful master bird event was Carson. I saved up for weeks and I already had 3 prestiged Carsons when I started. The next was the Dr. P event. All my Carsons were boosted plus I had Dr. P and Xeno to help out. Overall my team power was 100k plus (before the update).

I tried to beat the matilda event but just couldn't figure it out. I got to 77 with a team power of ~93k. I didn't try for Lucha Libre and didn't have the boosted birds or evos for the Fan Favorite event with Lil Pecker (I didnt even get him which was highly disappointing given his stun ability).

Overall, it took me nearly 4 events before I beat 80 the first time. I have about 20 prestiged birds total. The new nightmare mode is not easy in the least. But for more senior players like me, it presents a solid challenge that is mostly fun. Your results may vary, but overall, if you don't have about 90k bird power for the event, odds are you won't beat 80. It's not to say you can't, but it's just unlikely.

Also, Theres a whole host of factors outside player control like layouts, glitches, etc. That may or may not make the event harder or easier for you to beat. A players Bird choice is something you can influence but you don't 100% need all the event birds to win. You will need a few boosted birds for the health and damage, but you don't need 5 boosted birds. Also focusing on crowd control elements can mean that you can delay the attacks long enough to overcome your low damage amounts.

Hopefully I didn't ramble too much. I'll shut up now. Good luck and I hope that helps you a little.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

As a general rule, if at least 4 out of 5 members of your team don't have prestige levels under their belt, you're going to have a bad time with nightmare mode; you can really only get away with having 1 member of the team lower level if it is also the featured bird getting a large bonus. Actually completing all the stages comes down to a combination of having enough health to take some hits, and being able to eliminate the pigs that will 1-shot KO you regardless of how much health your team has before they can attack you, or otherwise delaying/preventing those attacks.

With 0 team members even at prestige level 1, I do not much favor your chances - part of the nightmare mode update was an overall rebalance of the first 50 stages, which made "finishing" the event, ie, getting to the point where there is no increase in event collectibles per stage, substantially easier (stage 50 is set to about half the power level it used to be when it was the last stage) - with your current team you would probably not have been able to get all the way through to 50 before. They obscure the actual challenge rating past 50, but it's a safe bet that the final stages of nightmare mode are at least reaching the same power ratings that 50 used to, if not exceeding them... and the last few stages have 7 waves each.

My advice would be to go as far as you can, and when you start getting utterly demolished, just quick-play the last stage you were able to beat through the rest of the event (if you're able to make decent progress advancing overall team power than maybe give it another go, but don't keep banging your head against the wall if it isn't working).

Redwing likes this.
  4. Gohst

Gohst Hatchling

I now have a P2 SS 7 Dr. P and Beast. And team power over 100k. Got through 71 but I’ll be doing the fast resolve for the rewards until I max my personal rewards before I push again.

Need to go nuts in the area a for keys to get evolve material. I did get all three birds this event but will need to stockpile resources and make the call this weekend if I level Eddie and HM Annie up to try for the master or not.

Looks like im in farming mode for another event or two.

Thanks.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

If you look around the forum most of the teams involved mass crowd control (CC) elements. Dr P is not that good with CC by himself as he can only take control of 1. You need Lil Pecker, Frost, and Ded5w1n. Lil Pecker will give you 2 turns of stun. Ded5w1n can force the pigs hit by its beam to attack other pigs for 1 turn.

Team power will give you a bit more health but you still will not survive the big attacks, not even 1. You essentially have to keep them under control while you slowly kill them. Damn do I miss the Carson event......

6. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It was like fireworks on the fourth of July. That event was the most fun I've had in this game.

Yeah, pretty much impossible. And since Rovio has prevented people from reviving, this truly is a test of skill and power. You need the Prestige level birds to beat these events. @A. Wolf has beaten a few of these events with low level birds, but even then he had a few prestiged birds on his team. I think he had a team power of 78k for one of the events but the Beast event is not going to be one of them.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i was 96k this event & yes, you do absolutely need most of your birds w some Prestige...

8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Don’t waste your time right now on Annie. Upgrade beast and Eddie. If you have lil pecker and or frost you have a team that can do it. But you need them all Prestige

9. Epic Buttstomp

This event is so messy at the last few levels that even someone with a full prestige team will have troubles. Not enough control means a quick death. Too much crowd control means a slow death because you cannot kill off the pigs. So finish the personal event by going to a lower level that gives 85 event pts and just quick play.

Not everyone can get past lvl 80.

My son cannot get past the last few levels with Eddie holy smoke, Dr P, Lil Pecker, Frost, Beast. Too much CC not enough punch is the problem. The 2 expert in the house cannot help him.

10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I suspect that with more Master birds and runes, Rovio has been tweaking pigs base statistics too. In PVP, it seems my team, even when matched against underlevelled event teams, isn't hitting the pigs as hard as they used too. In that case, current nightmare might be more difficult than it was in more recent events.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That is & has always been true. The pigs health and power go up as your team power goes up.
    The big FU from rovio with the last round of changes was that the "power" of our birds only went up cosmetically by adding the SS power to the total power visually but bot actully increasing it at all. SO, what that means is the pigs we face now are about 20% stronger & higher in health.
    As an example... for my maxed P10 team, the small pigs in the Arena were about 9.5k health before & now they are about 11.5K. That increase is just enough to render my maxed P10 Mater Carson just barely unable to kill them without a boost. Whereas the first week I had him, even at P8 he could wipe them all out from any angle. Then the next week, right after i put a purple Rune on him, he is almost useless on my arena team.
    IMO, this was a clear scam job by Rovio done under the guise of increasing our birds when in fact they nerfed us...

Nyk, Redwing and liontooz1 like this.
  12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Maybe you all are correct. I will say for me the Dr P event was significantly harder for me than this one. Yes it was hard and I’m glad it is hard as long as it is fair. Of course, when I lose a battle it is unfair, but when I have a good battle and I win it is fair

Concerning the nerfing of the birds I believe that Rovio is trying to force us into using the runes. Thus, using our resources to purchase the chests to get the best runes. Soon it will not be enough to have a team of PL5+ birds for the last levels of the event

13. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this.

14. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

What's even more irritating, is the KO/damage indicator often shows that all the pigs will die, yet SS goes off, and there's still one or two pigs left standing. That lets the nerf fly under the radar a little longer, since you've got to make sure your finger hasn't suddenly been slipping...:mad:

15. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I totally agree. This happens so much during this last event that I thought I was drunk or getting the shakes.

Kimo likes this.
  16. Epic Buttstomp

That happened before especially when black birds were used. Rovio "fixed" back then few months back. I guess it is broken again.

17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I thought that the the boost to team power when they factored super shot rank into it was purely cosmetic, but looking into it further has revealed that that is not actually the case, as otherwise identical birds with different super shot ranks will have different values for their damage stat. To whit: I have two Claudes, both at P5, but one has a rank 7 super shot and the other has rank 6; neither has any runes equipped so apart from the super shot rank (and what it actually does of course), they should be otherwise identical. The one with rank 7 has a 9937 power rating, and if you go into the stats he has 3675 health and 2087 damage. The one with the rank 6 super shot has a 9628 power rating, but the values listed for health and damage in his case are 3675 for health (identical) and 1985 for damage.

So what happened when they made that change was that damage dealt by our teams went up with no change to our team health, but because the arena generates the pigs based on overall team power, that still resulted in much tougher and harder hitting versions pretty much across the board.

Redwing likes this.
  18. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Even drunk I managed through it :)

19. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

The Carson event was my first event bird. And honestly, even if it's Cyril, I was very happy─whilst the battles were hard, I still did it. Why? Because the Nightmare stages were balanced and fair, even if I did get frustrated a few times. Now though, the pigs' have had an unnecessary buff. Level 76 and with bugs everywhere, I doubt I'm going to be able to finish these last 4 stages.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, that carson event was by far the easiest one to date. it had about an 80% higher completion rate than others. It also seemed to have fewer glitches. & fewer pigs.