1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event bird choice, Jacquie vs. Jimmy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyrie_English, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Hi guys, thanks for all your help, I am back with more questions.
    I only have 1 5* bird Cyril. Since the start of this event, I have been getting a lot of birds that I already have. So far I have 3 Carson's, 2 Jacquie's, 1 Jimmy. All 4 stars.
    My question is, in order to advance to higher event level, as well as maintaining a relative long term utility. Would you recommend levelling up the second Jacquie or Jimmy? From the birdopedia that I read, Jimmy does not seem to be as valuable as it used to be even with the 1 turn SS.
    Carsons seem to be quiet versatile in all scenarios for someone who does not have a lot of quality birds.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Jacquie is better than Jimmy.

Rando and Kyrie_English like this.
  3. Luigi

Luigi Tiny Birdy

Jacquie goes well with Carson since they are both rockstars

Kyrie_English likes this.
  4. Kyrie_English

Kyrie_English Hatchling

Never mind, not an issue any more. With one gold ticket I got both Captain Freedom and 5 star Jacquie, as well as Zain...

PolliSoft and Rando like this.
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

If you can you should try getting the Master Matilda as she is one of the strongest in game. Go with magnetized evo.

Carson with Huge Mosh Pit (robot) and Zain with Plague Mask evo are very deadly in many situations. Invaluable for a new player like you.

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I agree that you should try for Master Matilda if you can. She is invaluable.

7. tobis gmail

tobis gmail Super Cool Bird

should you go for a 3rd M. Matilda if you already have 2?

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Ummm, i suppose that depends on what you plan to do with the awakening (when it happens some day).
    You dont need more than 2 for playing with but if you plan to wake one, using 3 matildas to do it would be preferable over 5 random white 5* birds in most cases.

9. tobis gmail

I already have 6 regular matildas which I plan to use for "awakening" my two master magnetize matildas, I want to have a 3rd master matilda as backup at level 60 if the need arises for a furious inferno (if they add 'special forces' MPDC levels), but I'm really short on slots.

10. Epic Buttstomp

I have 2 Master Matilda from before and few regular Matilda, all in magnetized evo except 1 and all in prestige. I may donate the regular version to the awakening process. FYI I also have 5 regular Chucks and 1 Master Chucks. use 2 of them in arena.

11. tobis gmail

why do you use 2 chucks in the arena? you only need 1 bird with a 1SS. no?

12. Epic Buttstomp

This has been my Arena team for many weeks now. The 2 Chucks and the Matilda have always been there, Master versions came in when I got them. Before Brenda X and Claude I used to have 4 Chucks + 1 Matilda.

On all arena setups other than the one with the barrels, the middle bird always go first. The idea is to push as many over the line if they aren't killed. 2nd move with be one of the Chucks depending on where the pigs are. 3rd move will be a cross map sweep from Matilda and the healing will get picked up.

For the setup with barrels, the #1 position goes first. Then Frost will stun the mob on 2nd move. 3rd will likely be Matilda to pick up healing.

Brenda X is handing for all setups as the 4th or 5th move since she will go thru everything including the 2 green clumps on one of the setup.

Screenshot_20190405-101907_AB Evolution.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  13. tobis gmail

if I were you, I'd swap the M chuck and M GF, and replace the regular chuck with a matilda.

A. Wolf, Rando and honeybun like this.
  14. Epic Buttstomp

Nope. Chuck in the middle tends to get blocked especially with that 4 electric poles setup. Shooting Chuck straight up and down is most reliable way for a "squad wipe" on the pigs.
    At the end of the day I win almost all my matches other than few odd ones at random. Unless there are the crazy players who shoot hundreds of arena points ahead of everyone I am usually in the top 5 at end of arena week.

Forgoing the healing ability of Claude or Brenda X seems to be more risky these days with runes etc. Before runes came into play I used to run 4 Chucks and 1 Matilda.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  15. tobis gmail

but chuck on left or right does not "catch" all pigs...
    I use M chuck in the middle, with M GF on 4th spot as backup for the electric poles layout. then M matildas in 2nd and 5th spots. M Claude is on 1st spot for his leadership (Brenda X is a good replacement)

It'SaBiRd, Rando and A. Wolf like this.
  16. Hadronix

Hadronix Tiny Birdy

I tend to use GF on layouts that chuck can not fully wipe, dependeds on how many death damage pigs are on the field, I will also use GF, most of the time if 2-3 timer or health pigs are on the field, you will get more damage output if you simply convert them with frost, second, even if in the scenario you completely wipe the floor, the next wave might be full death damage pigs, and most likely they will have chuck to one hit you