1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy cells for event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dunkie, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Dunkie

Dunkie Hatchling

Hi,

i had over 5K energy cells on last event and now suddenly they are all gone on next event.

Does energy cells not carry over to next event ??

Dunkie

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

No.

3. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

Use em or lose em

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Use them up for the clan

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Buying energy is a waste if gems... You can get 13k+ for free.

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I think OP got the extra energy with those special offers for silver + gold tickets. Buy 2 get the 3rd free, the 3rd have extra energy.

As to buying energy is a waste, tell that to the few hardcode players in my clan. They got to 10K within couple hours. Then use the available energy to keep going for the rest of the event. Some of us have to push harder when not everybody in the clan is as crazy as us.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

it only takes 12k each to complete the clan rewards... that is easy with the 8 hour energy refill format.
    There are always a handful on each end of the spectrum though. some like to jump out & get to 10K immediately & some are slackers that dont quite get to 10k or past it. I personally would only ever put any gems into it on Sunday if the clan is going slower than they should.

8. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

I will assume your in a top clan :)
    I think outside the top 10 clans..maybe top 20 you see alot of people pumping out a ton of points through gem use to make up for the bottom few spots that are hard to keep active members in.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

actually my clan averages about 25th
    I have seen the bottom few 5-10 members as sort expendable / uncommitted in almost all clans... less so maybe in the top 10.

10. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

That’s pretty much the case. I had level 50 done in 45 mins and 10K less than 2 hours later.

For me... when the event starts it’s my best time to put a couple hours straight into it. I only have time to do maybe 1-2 rounds daily for the rest of the week excluding the weekend. If needed on Sunday, I’ll use more gems if it looks like it’s required.

11. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Energy transfers but not every time. I had 5k worth of energy transferthe event before last. Last event i had 1800 left and it didnt transfer. Theres no rhyme or reason to it.

I buy energy because we chase all the elite birds. Get ready for lil pecker next event, lady gaga..

12. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

But chasing elite birds is almost impossible since the “highly involved players” spend 1000s of dollars within the first 2 days.

13. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

Top player right now has less than 56,000 points. That’s less than 7000 units not including free recharges

14. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I get 12,000+ every event and have not spent a gem on any energy cell. I play 3-4 times daily and only once longer than 10 minutes. Not that hard to get the 10k total. I rarely play the arena and now the daily tasks take 5 minutes or less

A. Wolf likes this.
  15. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Lol im one of those "highly involved players". Our clan is full of players that out up numbers each event, solid group. For me thats the only real challenge in this game, is obtaining the birds and elite events. Other than that i have no motivation to play, pvp sucks, mpdc sucks now too, theres really nothing challenging aside from chasing elites

16. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Can I have your job please? I'd love to have a salary that pays me enough money where my disposable income is so large that I could spend $1000s+ PER WEEK on a mobile game. :cool:

(I mean that with the most love )

17. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

I dont know where you guys are coming up with thousands of dollars a week. That just simply is not the case. Most of us save all our gems and dont use them to chase birds in the hatching hut. I know some people have over 70k saved just from taking it easy in these non elite events. That is huge in itself. Than you buy what is needed at that time to stay in top 10. Its really not as much money as you think or is falsely portrayed in conversations around here.

Thats why i made that what clan are you from thread. I see a lot of people talking and making statements that dont seem totally accurate and especially pertaining to elite events.

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

You make a great point when you say that people save their gems. It's very easy to go crazy during one or two events back to back and then save for a few weeks again. It's not hard to get insane scores if you are saving your gems.

Im not at the top of the highest leagues or clans so idk if it's the same 25 or so in the top every week or not. If it is, then it only makes sense for them to spend large sums of money. But if they rotate out every few weeks then I can understand it. I totally meant my previous post as a joke.

Ceez likes this.
  19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

https://forum.angrybirds.com/thread...back-with-capt-freedom-event.8207/#post-32962

Back during the Captain Freedom event I did calculations that resulted with 2000 USD being spent within 2 days from the “highly involved players”. The only thing is that the calculations were made during the old event island style so it’s outdated. I’ll do another calculation when another elite bird rolls around.

Extra: I might also do calculations 1 event after an elite bird and a few weeks after an elite bird.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

ALSO, when they did elite birds a few weeks is a row & the same exact players were going nuts & getting them each week, there is no way to have saved enough gems for that many in a row. Thus, big $$ being spent is the only conclusion...

Dont get me wrong, I could care less if players spend $$ or not. it does not bother me like some on here. I would just personally never put another penny into Rovio's pocket, but thats my decision. And, I dont care about "elite" birds at all.