1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EM tickets not stacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noodle, Nov 21, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

LOL... Typical Matys!!!

2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

So he has been giving varied responses all day.. is he the only one working there now? The response he gave me was
    Screenshot_20181121-195048.png
    What i get from that response is he has stopped using the word "bug" and is calling it an "issue" because it was an intentional change by the developers who has since changed their mind after the massive backlash it has caused. Seriously what would be the point in having a gem re-entry system in EM if you cant get the reward your most likely to pay for?? :eek::mad::rolleyes:

feffe and Redwing like this.
  3. pafiq

pafiq Hatchling

Today I played twice. Always untill 100 gem pig is present. So totally I have lost Around 350 gems. I have won and lost 11 tickets. Lost, cause those were not added to my overall number.

4. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, strange choice of word. Iterate, just means to do or say something repeatedly. So change the game but keep repeating the same mistakes?

5. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

It's working now, they stack up

6. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Confirmed. Just tried on son's account (Hog Wild). He has 24 silver in hatching hut. Got 9 from EM. No complaints. Ended up at 33 silver.

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

It is fixed. At this point, I seriously question Rovios thought process. The literal thought process. I give them mad props though, 24 hour turnaround, that's impressive. No offense @Kimo but your theories on Rovios customer service might have just been proven wrong. They have the ability to be competent, they just chose not to be.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Kimo likes this.
  8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Amazing. And to think, this 'fix' initially required an update so complex, Rovio couldn't even begin to estimate when they could push it out. Everyone who lost tickets should lodge a support ticket.

Also, not sure if this person (Emerald Green) is taking an extra level in dumbass or is a Rovio alt. Either way, this another reason why they think their shit will fly under the radar -
    https://www.facebook.com/angrybirds...otif_id=1542850533561161&notif_t=feed_comment

9. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

It is impressive but i dont think the props should go to customer service. Although we got a lot less condescension in our ticket replys (of which im thankful for) i think it was more the developers being competent in recognising it wasnt going down well then working to fix it. The only competent thing customer services managed to pull off was not being a condescending **** & asking the developers if they knew of the problem. Even after speaking to the developers they still didnt have the right info by saying it needed an update :rolleyes:
    I dont think its a Rovio alt, even Rovio arent that level of stupid, and thats saying something.. :D

10. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I couldn't resist not responding. He reminds me of the idiots who deny the moon landings. I grew up a few miles from Cape Canaveral. If you've ever seen a shuttle launch in person...you won't be arguing it's fake, that's for sure.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I thought dumb kid initially, but then it's also likely that most people just barge through EM as quickly as they can, so a dumb kid alt is a great way to spread disinfo. Mind you, he seems to be putting more effort into arguing a lost cause than most corporate alts (especially since the original issue is a non-issue now), so I'm on the fence between dumb kid and troll ;)

12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

There are few "fan boys" lurking around in ABE FB

Nyk and Redwing like this.
  13. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

Just a troll that got banned from Flockers long ago so has to wait under the bridge for posts on their main site. Likely still pissed that the three Billy goats Gruff bested him lol

Nyk and Redwing like this.
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, zero props on the "quick fix" since they obviously changed it on purpose to begin with. Most likely the developers who needed to change it back just weren't there while sleeping. It should have / could have been reversed in no time at all...

feffe likes this.
  15. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

The could have pushed the patch to all the clients, but I think they do a micro-patch every rollover.

16. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Perhaps :) even though I don't believe I ever said customer service was incompetent. I thought my point was that changes are made based on someone at a higher level telling everyone else what to do and, as 'lower' level people, they have to comply with what their desires are. To me, customer service is stuck in an unenviable position.

BTW, no offence taken. All I was doing was sharing my experience with large organizations and what has been fairly consistent across all of them. I read that you recently got your Masters, congratulations! You didn't mention what it was in but that you had work coming up soon. Hopefully you will be part of a group that can move to make changes quickly and not be bogged down by politics, investors, workplace culture, etc. I was fortunate enough to also be part of a smaller company (160 employees, ~$20M/yr) that was customer-centric and feedback from the customers greatly influenced the business. That's actually a joy to be a part of.

17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I was just saying that the overall corporate structure has the ability to be competent, but they just choose not to be due to poor decision-making. I do feel for the customer service guys though. That's a hard job in general, let alone a video game company with millions of players and many who are tech illiterate.

My Master's is in Military Intelligence Analysis and I'm currently an active duty Marine. My Master's thesis was on Bureaucracy ironically, and I just started working on a Conflict Analysis and Resolution degree as well. In January I'm headed off for more training and will become a military officer. Hopefully I can make positive changes in a drama free environment like you suggest.

It seems like you have a ton of experience as well. It must be fun to work in a tight-knit company like that. Small enough to be agile in decision-making and large enough to have an impact. Sounds like a dream. Do you still work there?

Kimo likes this.
  18. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

Haha, for sure!

Wow, that's awesome! My dad was in the Army Corp of Engineers as well as a chopper pilot. Military brat so I chose not to go that route due to the amount of moving that we had to do as a family and I didn't want to put my son through it.

No, the company got sold and I now have my own Web design/IT consultant/SEO/Cyber Security business. I try to bring enterprise solutions to the small business person and teach them how to increase their productivity without the expense that an enterprise system requires.