1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite Matilda to return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowboysfan, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Elite Matilda is set to return in the Matilda event and she is making her event debut

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

If you want her, get your credit card ready. Otherwise you will be left in the dust in minutes by the mob of "highly involved players".

Cowboysfan and RemixFTW like this.
  3. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

I don’t have money, the top players have too much money to waste.

4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I did some calculations for the Captain Freedom event and the “highly involved players” spent over 2000 USD in the first 2 days.

Epic Buttstomp and Cowboysfan like this.
  5. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

That’s too much

6. Epic Buttstomp

Thank you for supporting my beliefs.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I figured they would bring back the elite reward bird for top spots after they miscalculated the math on the last event.
    Very few people actually needed to spend gems which would not be what they originally wanted...

Cowboysfan likes this.
  8. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Many of the top players have Elite Matilda already

9. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I was on holiday during the event and did not realize the opportunity to charge energy by play normal battles until to late to take full advantage. This, I’m not sure if you could get the final personal award without using any diamonds. Was it possible?

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I got it I day before it ended. But, the first 3 days they had a "glitch" that every scout used gave 5 energy, so that shaved a day or so off...
    Basically, if you played smart from day 1 you could just barely get all the personal rewards without spending any diamonds or loosing any sleep. I personally think they originally wanted us to have to spend about 1,000 diamonds to get there but screwed up the math.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  11. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

It was possible not to spend any, but i agree with wolf i dont think that was what they originally intended. We will soon find out though with the upcoming matilda event. If they had got their math wrong they will definitely make changes to the targets for this one.

12. Epic Buttstomp

Problem is many of us have other things to do in life and have less patient. And we have enough gems floating around on top of event gem prizes. So we just want to get the personal part over with sooner rather than later. The remaining time we will keep doing event for the clan count, in a less hectic pace.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

But, that was the 1 really good thing about the new format... You only had to play every 8 hours & it went quickly after the first day.

It just dragged on waaaaaay too long for 12 days. 5 days should be the absolute max for an event & really with the island style, 3-4 days would be fine.

14. Epic Buttstomp

Problem from the past ABE experience is whoever at Rovio that handles event requirements cannot do mathematics!!!!! I am hoping the 5 days event will ask for the proper amount as opposed to that screwed up mess at Flockapolooza. Same prizes just more proportionately lower the requirement milestones.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yes, I already said (many times) that they cant do math.
    Also, that disaster of an event you mentioned was also 12 days...

16. Epic Buttstomp

5 minute in and someone is already 900+ in the big leaderboard. Can someone explain that? (Not saying the words)

Cowboysfan likes this.
  17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Under the current implementation Flockabalooza would have been fine - provided the math isn't utterly ludicrous there's nothing wrong with long events intrinsically; if anything they just give us more time and opportunities to acquire the featured birds. The length was only a problem because the event system was using scouts, so they were in essence asking you to go 12 days without clicking on a scout marker. Which was nuts.
    You can finish early stages in a matter of seconds, I see nothing unusual about that number. Edit: To whit - first event stage just now, opening shot killed 3/4 of the pigs. I was done in 3 seconds.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

But I cannot rush the cut scenes and whatever time the device takes to connect to the flaky Rovio servers. Those obstacle courses and force fields will slow you down whether you play manual or auto.

It cannot be my connection!!! I am sitting 3 feet away from my 5ghz access point on a 300/300 connection single digit ping.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Cowboysfan likes this.
  19. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Because their cheating with their wallet.

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  20. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Remember that if there’s a prize for reaching the top, the money rolling in won’t stop.

(Yes I made it rhyme on purpose)

Cowboysfan likes this.