1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Jefe = fat 5-stars El Gigante

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Starting in 2 days. 2nd bird is Blue Metal Annie. 3rd is Black Metal Byron.

Who else are considered the fat birds? Some are obvious but others are less so. What about Angromedon (fat suit) and medium sized birds like Matilda.

I guess the fat team can get some exercises finally!!!

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, what a ridiculous let down on this bird & event...
    Can Rovio ever be consistent with what they say & do? And, what does skinny Blue Annie have to do with this fat bird event?

Annie14 likes this.
  3. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

hope they realize that April Fool's already passed...

4. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening everyone :)

So... Now we can expect THE SAME birds, with slightly changed names and look and added 1*? First Kowalski, now El Gigante... What next? Will 4* Brenda will turn on 5* Brandon?
    Lack of (original) concepts, ideas and looks for birds already? Sure it's EASIER to change name and give 1* star more than make a truly new (and fun) design of the new bird...
    Disappointing, really...

Cheers,

W

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Annie14 and jaks like this.
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

At least I can just save up Gold tickets again...

Annie14 likes this.
  6. Epic Buttstomp

Re-skinning is a common practice for even bigger budget games like WG's World of Tanks and World of Warships. So nothing new really.

However Rovio can always change the PvP rules in such a way that flock with those special fat birds will have huge advantages against even the team of 5 Chucks!!!!

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I disagree since there are not enough good fat birds to be a very good team even with a 100% power boost.

I am totally ignoring the color buff this week as my 4 yellow & 1 white team is still far superior to any Blue & Red team with only a 20% boost.
    20% is just not enough to do anything for a good team. Another swing & a miss Rovio...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  8. Epic Buttstomp

Same here. My team of 2 Chucks, 2 Matilda, and a starter usually beat all opponents. All these rule changes have not changed this fact.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Why not simply always put a 50% boost on corresponding birds color day? Easy & effective...
    Also, the dungeons should give higher rewards on their color day as well.

10. Epic Buttstomp

I like to see they make it so you have to use certain color for the day or the week for arena.

11. Epic Buttstomp

Better question is what and when for the next event after this? I already hoarded the Terence event silver tickets in Inbox and they expire in 13D.

12. Booser1

Booser1 Tiny Birdy

We're the fools to continuously believe that Rovio will eventually get it right

13. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

I'm maxed out on gold (10) so I'll have an excuse to actually go for el gigante (of which I have 6)... I mean El Jefe. Plus a the silvers I've amassed.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I ended up using 8 of my 12 Gold tickets trying to get a second Matilda but ended up with 3 Terence that I didn't want...

Annie14 likes this.
  15. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

What does this advertise for? Answer : Not 5* El Gigante... Screenshot_20180430-234440.png

Witkacy [PL] likes this.
  16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Lol, can you please make that a little bigger?

Annie14 and It'SaBiRd like this.
  17. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Only going for El Jefe since El Gigante’s water evolution looks amazing and I wonder how it’ll look on El Jefe.

Annie14 likes this.
  18. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Annie :)

EXACTLY... I am more than surprised that they used the SECOND bird to promote an event, which haven't been happened so far yet, if my memory serves well... Yet how to promote something if supposed to be main and new bird is nothing more than El Gigante Reheated Meatloaf? You tell me ;)

Cheers,

W

P.S. I will try to get the blue cutie, just for the love of heavy metal rockdevil.gif yet certainly I won't go far too much crazy with this one...

Annie14 likes this.
  19. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

It's even on the game banner:eek:
    Come on man! It's just a cruel joke to uso_O
    20180501_103106.png

20. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

In case anyone was curious, the super shots for El Jefe's two final forms are just El Gigante's super shot, but better: instead of a choice of either +50% extra damage for yellow birds over the 2 turns after killing something, or +75% for 1 turn, El Jefe offers +100% bonus damage over 2 turns in both forms. The difference between the two super shots is whether you want that bonus to additionally apply to white and black birds, or red and blue birds. Either way, 3 colors of birds get the bonus.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Annie14 and OmSo73 like this.