1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eagle Mountain - Gold/Gems 2 Re-open

Discussion in 'Bugs and Technical Issues' started by Lenaj76, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Does anyone know why some players now have the option to re-enter Eagle Mountain.. some can reopen for gems, some just pay gold..and I dont have the option at all..

2. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

It statistics, to see if some changes affect some kind of value.

At this example value is - gems spent in Eagle mountain.
    Control group is people who got no changes.
    Test group 1 and test group 2 go possibility to re-enter Eagle Mountain for coins and gems.

So after a while they compare the results. Do the re-entry encourages people to spend more gems or do they run as much as possible with least expenses.

If people spend more gems with re-entry - they should check if there is significant difference between gems re-entry and coins re-entry.

Coins re-entry could encourage to run more times and people who got good rewards should buy extra gems to keep rewards. Or they could be extra careful and abandom as soon as first pig approaches.
    Gems reentry could make people more cautious and less risky, since they are already spending gems. But for people who spend significant amount of money - it could be more possibilities to get good birds or extra silver tickets. And since they stack over 25 - very good supply for events.

So they will make calculations and later on will decide if there are changes in players' behaviour and if there is (people spending more gems in Eagle Mountain) they will check which re-entry increases gems expenditure.

And since they removed possibility to get gems from Eagle Mountain - people will be forced to buy them if their rewards are too good to lose.

So it is simply a way to generate bigger profits.

Sadly these control/test groups changes dynamics of the game and people get advantage, but as with MPDC access and 500/1000 weekly gems in arena. They care little about others and it is no advantage for them to get more loot.

Another bad example where they don't differentiate how their choices affect the game

Lenaj76 likes this.
  3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Rovio simply does not get it.
    Their cost to reward for purchases is simply out of whack & over priced. If they cut their prices in half, they would possibly double their made money as people would be much more willing to spend real $$...

Booser1 and Lenaj76 like this.
  4. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Evening, everyone :)

I am one of THE CHOSEN ONES... I can enter Eagle's as many times as I wish to now, yet since am NOT sitting at the big pile of diamonds just yet, I used the option just once so far (paid 50 diamonds)... Just to see if this actually WORKS... It IS, so there's no need to test it any further... Since there's NO diamonds AT ALL (were replaced by silver tickets, which is VERY cool, though) at the EM and just few sure resources left to gain them (arena, diamond piggies and so MPDC), I guess I won't be far too frequently visiting the place - only when needed and when potentially could be win anything - paying at the start FOR A CHANCE of winning later on (read: spend even more diamonds to bribe thief pig), is NOT winning, but loosing... Apart of one day getting ''gold rush'' and reaching 40th floor - (3x silver tickets, over 1k coins, tons of mats and 1x essence; paid for this all 70 diamonds, which was fine), my tactics hasn't changed much - play to the first pig (if no silvers, leave; if there are some tickets pay 20 and leave)... That way at least NOT loosing far too many diamonds, while might get some tickets...

Cheers,

W

Lenaj76 likes this.
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

For clarification, it is still free to enter the first time, then it's 50 gems to Re-enter where you left off or to start again at floor 1? What is the Gold option cost?

6. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

Yes... First time is always free of charge - like in MPDC...
    50 gems for Re-Enter (your 2nd, 3rd etc. try) - start from LEVEL 1

As for gold cost - one friend in our clan had played for gold and if my memory serves well he paid 180 coins for re-entering... May be wrong here though... Oh and another member of my clan has silver tickets and so diamonds (coins of course as well) - he doesn't have essence at all, yet I dunno if he pays by coins or diamonds...

Cheers,

W

Lenaj76 likes this.
  7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I can confirm the cost to re-enter with gold is 180. Not particularly tempted to utilize it because I'm perpetually short on gems, but that is certainly the far more attractive of the two possible options they could go with. Paying an up front gem cost to then face the prospect of paying even more gems sounds horrible.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I could definitely see people paying 180 gold a couple times to try to few a few Silver tickets if they need them. 180 gold isn't really that much for an established player (especially compared to 50 gems).

Also, chances are that you will likely get the 180 gold back (& hopefully a ticket) at the cost of probably 20 gems.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  9. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Thanks for the replies everyone. We were all wondering what kind of weird glitch.. shows up different for everyone lol. Makes alot more sense now.
    It does seem the tickets are harder to get in the gold re-entry.. so, I dont think id play it more.. and gem re-entry.. i wouldnt use gems to lose gems.. those prizes would have to be alot more than they are now.
    I like my 1 time a day entry.. with the chance to win atleast some gems and tickets.. without losing more than i win.

10. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

I can re-enter for gems also. But the testing should go on, because I never re-entered. People with coin re-entry - they could be more willing to re-enter. Question is who spent more gems.

As people mentioned here - Eagle Mountain is a gem sink. And now you always lose gems, so I am not willing to risk spending more than 20 gems. I would better keep them for golden ticket.

And for chances - chances to get silver should be the same every time, you just had bad luck

11. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I’m one of the unlucky ones who got nothing so I feel bad...