1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr. Probotnik: Why he isn’t terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemixFTW, Dec 22, 2017.

1. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Terence Fan

Many of you guys know the bird, Dr. Probotnik. Many people say he is a terrible bird and should be replaced ASAP. I am here to explain why I think he isn’t bad and how you can use him to make him and great bird. I’ll also be explaining how Rovio can fix some issues that players have with him. So here we go! Dr. Probotnik is a 5 star bird that is avalible for a limited time. He is based off of a alien which is why he has a big brain on his head. His ability before super evolution is “Mind Blast”. This deals good damage and makes a area where it deals damage to pigs that go across it. While the damage is small, it’s still fairly useful in the early game. When you get him to level 60, 2 evolutions are avalible for you to pick. These 2 are “Mind Control” and “Cleveland Steamer”. The “Mind Control” Evolution makes a random pig in the AOE throw mud at other pigs for about 2/3 turns. The “Cleveland Steamer” is a superbuffed version of his previous ability, “Mind Blast”, which makes pigs get contaminated for a few turns getting about 250 damage every turn. There are some problem with these 2 evolution seems though. One is that “Cleveland Steamer” makes pigs die on the opponents turn, dealing damage to yourself. This can easily be fixed by Rovio if they made a rule that if pigs die from your Dr. Probotnik’s “Cleveland Steamer”, they still deal damage to the opponent. The “Mind Control” has some other problems too, but many have been fixed. There is currently a problem where the pig doesn’t deal enough damage to the other pigs. Rovio can fix this by giving the pig a 50% damage boost. There is also a problem where the mind controled pig is random. While this is true, I find that this problem doesn’t really effect me. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s move on to how you can make him useful. One is that you can Mind Control a gem or gold pig and they won’t leave. You can also pigs from attacking you in MPDC. In PvP, if you land a critical on the pigs, they’ll die in 1 hit. I find that “Cleveland Steamer” is better for PvP and “Mind Control” is better for PvE. This is why I find Dr. Probotnik to not be terrible.

PolarBearCabal likes this.
  2. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Still sucks. How about just get dutch.

3. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

I thought the only reason Probotnik wasnt terrible was because people figured out how to crank out gems with him :)

4. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I'm sorry, what was that about Dutch?
    Screenshot 2017-12-22 at 21.33.31.png

Dr. Possible likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I prefer Dr P over Dutch. His mind control is important to control big pigs while you destroy the other ones of the big pig. I have Dutch at PL 3 and never use him. Instead I use Dr P for the reason above

PolarBearCabal likes this.
  6. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Then again, Dutch is a more heavier hitter PLUS the ability to rack up combo hits easily.

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Not knocking Dutch but due to my way of playing and my team Dr P. Fits better

I miss use Claude though. Not my team leader and normally my first bird used. My set up bird for Chuck

Question always wanted to ask seeing that a lot of people use Claude as the leader. I do not because I use two black birds and take advantage of the 30% perk. Why should I put Claude as the leader in this instance?

8. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

You should DEFINITELY put Claude as your leader, due to his godlike leader ability. You can heal from critical hits. Not only do you heal from critical health, but you deal even more damage on critical hits.
    This means that Black Birds, birds that can leap over any obstacle to obtain easy crit hits, can give a mass amount of healing.
    I've got a P.5 Claude and Dutch in my team, and I can heal myself out of crisis.
    Zain, a 4* black bird who's main ability is about crit hits, would benefit this.
    Then there's also Annie, Crit Hit Heavy Metal Annie, Claude himself, Red's Weak Spot, and so on.

9. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Ok. I’ll give it a shot. I’m sure you are correct. Just have not experimented with him

Buds likes this.
  10. Kiteflyer

Kiteflyer Super Cool Bird

Doesn’t this pose a conflict of interest for a moderator?

11. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

Conflict of interest? I don't follow? Its just a game man and one guys opinion

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Conflict of interest? There is not conflict of interest ever in this forum. Unless Rovio is making suggestions there could never be a conflict of interest

We never directly play against each other thus there is never a conflict