1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Teams for Different Occasions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gimelit, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Gimelit

Gimelit Hatchling

Hi,

Do you guys use different teams for PvP and for PvE? Or do you do everything with the same team consisting of your most powerful birds?

2. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Yes we do.

To clarify - there are PVP, MPDC and dungeons. For PVP you use your best birds, for dungeons best one color birds and for MPDC there comes a puzzle.

So mostly people use different birds for MPDC. Let's look at examples:

Tiffany is a 2* bird, so she is useless. But paired with Chuck she can bring infinitive power-ups and each second wave you can heal yourself up to the max and clear the board easily.
    Billie 4* bird is red, so as expected it's not the best case in PVP. But in MPDC, if you kill a pig with his SS - it spawns up to 6 power-ups. If you don't have Chuck and Tiffany - it's a good way to survive the game.
    Zain is 4* bird, nothing special in PVP, because AOE is small. But in MPDC it can KO most boss pigs.
    Frost / Probotnik / Eddie with pyramid entrapment / Bomb's cage - these SS helps to delay pigs' attack for a few turns, so in PVP it's a missed opportunity to clear the board, but in MPDC it can be strategically useful.

So play the game, get used with different birds and their super shots and it will become no mistery.

P.S. I suppose you haven't read this - http://bit.ly/ABEGuide
    it's a must read for all the new players. Some parts might be already different, but the basics are true

3. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

For PvP, I'll use my main team:
    Claude, Annie, Dutch, Chuck, Byron.

For MPDC, I'll use a variety of bird teams:
    Red─Claude, Annie, Dutch, Chuck, Fire Rooster.
    Yellow─(main team)
    Black─(main team)
    White─Claude, Annie, Dutch, Chuck, Jacquie.
    Blue─Claude, Annie, Dutch, Chuck, Murphy.

I mean, it is up to you how you play, in the end. And strategically using the different bird's unique SuperShots to clear all 10 waves, or winning PvP battles every time.

4. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Gimelit :)

So - I will take the opposite side - and say that I don't use different teams for PvP and PvE... Go everywhere with the same birds and they are the same good...

The ''Wonder Team'' is:

Claude (lead)
    Frosty
    Chuck
    Matilda
    Annie

Well... I might be put Eddie instead Matilda on black day in MPDC sometimes... Just for fun... But usually I don't change any birds...

Cheers,

W

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Let us know what good birds you have & we can give you better advice...

6. Machineofmt

Machineofmt Hatchling

I wish the game would let you set up different teams for PvP and MPDC so you didn't need to modify your team all the time.

7. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Machineofmt :)

EXACTLY, I would love to see some tabs being added, which could be marked the same as colours: ''red'', ''yellow'', ''black'', ''white'', ''blue'' + ''PvP (or ''Arena)'' and ''Specials (ie. for diamond pigs fights)''... That way you could be set up your team ONCE for various encounters, without the need to messin' up with your birds constantly... The present system IS bearable for peps like me, yet those who DO change a lot - because have to, or like to test various setups and all the birds they having - it's simply unconvenient and time consuming...

Cheers,

W

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

There is a ton of time wasting elements to this game. It really needs a major clean up by developers but I'm not holding my breath...

9. Agentjoseph

Agentjoseph Tiny Birdy

A dominate team for any occasion would be Claude, Matilda, chuck, frost and Eddie. Don’t think you’d ever have to change your team lol

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

It's funny, twice this week I have gone up against a team with 2 Chucks & 3 Matildas (all level 8 or 7).
    Both times it took like 8-9 turns to finally win. They kept almost wiping me out with 1 hit my Matilda & then I would heal & take half of their health. They kept getting health ups on their side as well so it was like a stale mate until they shot a Chuck in the wrong direction & I finally killed them.
    The only other team makeup I ever really have trouble with sometimes uses Claude with at least 2 Matildas & 1 or 2 Chucks.

11. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

It’s the very opposite for me, the AI never uses Chuck right, so teams like that only get one effective turn with one of the Matilda’s.

I just hate the matches that start with no extra damage pigs and don’t add any until the board is clear and usually only appear if you clear the board, setting up the AI’s turn with five extra damage pigs.