1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between master and normal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fcornet, Oct 6, 2018.

1. fcornet

fcornet Hatchling

Hi,
    The title says everything : what is the difference between master and normal ?
    Thanks !

2. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

Master birds are stronger than their non glowing counterparts. When you look at the details for the master birds, they appear to have an extra power listed...for example I believe master Matilda has an icon that is labeled “Matilda boost” or something to that effect. My P5 master Matilda is stronger than my P7 regular Matilda.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Approx. 10% more power & health...

4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Masters have more XP so bigger health & power for your team, but imo its not big enough to justify going through the extra 30 levels if you need to expend resources to do it. Unless its a bird you really want like Matilda. I have all 3 masters so far and the only 1 i use is Matilda. The other 2 are just going to sit in my collection and since gems are back to such a scarce state, im not going to spend any just to add to my collection when im not going to get any use out of them. The extra 10% just isnt incentive enough.

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I will commend Rovio for giving a decent incentive for finishing the nightmare levels. And in cases where they do awesome Master birds, i.e. 5* Carson, they are a chance to gain a huge leg up on the arena competition. A team running five master birds will have ~50% more power than an equivalent team that doesn't have masters.

6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Most Arena teams feature QB though and they chose to make Lil Pecker the master during his event so the likelihood of them bringing him back again in master form is low. Plus many arena teams run multiple Matildas and Chucks but you can only have one master of each bird. So that means you will need to use a team of master birds that you wouldnt normally run together in arena or just have 1 or 2 masters in your arena team. Either way arena isnt exactly difficult, all you need to do is survive long enough until health perk drops, so it doesnt really matter what arena team you run. Even using my event team in arena im still yet to lose a pvp match this week.

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That would be nice but your math is wrong...
    You would only increase EACH Bird by 10% which = 2% of the overall team power. So that's 10% TOTAL increase for the entire team if you have 5 maxed out masters.

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Tend to agree, Master birds are more a vanity item than a competitive edge at this stage. I suppose their biggest advantage is that you get a chance to complete an event bird's entries in the collection in one event, rather than having to wait until the event cycles again.
    On a related point, how do they compare to the old Elite versions?

9. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

The Elite versions were nothing more than a name and costume change whereas the Master versions have the extra 10% in power.

Redwing likes this.