1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Rovio, I know you dont play your own damn game, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wintermute, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

The latest PvP update with new Rules seemed like a good idea, and definitely a cool change, right up to the point when I realized that you never actually played a damned match with the Big Jumping Pig 184000+, Medium Barfing Pig 130000+, and Small Pig when BOTH sides have a healing Claude leader. That right there a freaking ENDLESS game where all the damage done is very small and both sides heal non stop. Please use your brain or at least play test your crap before rolling it to public.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I think some of the super high scores in weekly arena probably forced this change of PvP rules. Too many "round winning kills" with Carson, Zain, etc. Arena PvP is now down to "who can do the bigger blast" with no skill needed. This new rules will force you to think like you used to back then with a weak flock. How can push everything over the line, keep them there, get the healing drop, and outlast my opponent.

My main team has no issue dealing with it although the games last longer. Maybe I need bring out my Reds and Bettes to see whether they can kill those super pigs.

3. Ozshwehtoo

Ozshwehtoo Hatchling

PvP games are endlessly dragging on and on. It becomes very boring. PvP leagues should be grouped by team-power not by trophies. This will give a good fighting chance to low team-power players as they are playing against the same power. Let the fight between same power players and who has superior skill will lead the league. Don't worry about 20K or 30K or 40K. There are no bonus after 15K so these numbers are meaningless for top players. I suspect the main reason for changing is shifted their Rovio server load to player side (the longer PvP game is less work load on the Rovio server side - at the end of each game, player updates the status on their server. Extra long games mean a lot less server update - which means a lot less workload on their server).

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That may be but wouldn't that only help if fewer battles are being played?
    Under this weeks format, the time it takes to win is less than 1 extra turn (I think it is averaging me about 1 more turn maybe 2/3 times). Players will still run 6 or 7 arenas each time they are going to play & they will need to spend 1-2 min longer during that time.
    So, it's really only wasting the players time by slightly extending each battle under the guise of keeping things more interesting. If it had actually made it harder to win, it might have been worth the bother but I'd rather not waste my time for no reason...

5. Ozshwehtoo

Ozshwehtoo Hatchling

Another reason may be the gold coin mining. Top players use PvP for gold coin mining. The winning percentage is not that affect. Take longer to play PvP and become wasting time.

6. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

You are clearly missing my point and never been up against the combo I describe, please reserve judgement until you do. When TWO healing teams with over 41K power are hammering this trio, they do not generate enough meaningful damage to each other or the pigs before the full health reset kicks in. It is literally endless, you can also just move on and take the hit to make points on next match instead of wasting time.

Ikwachi likes this.
  7. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

You should use Tiffany. Usually you win after 4th turn

8. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

And because of longer play - they should be giving at least 2 keys

9. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I literally just went through this scenario in pvp, i just spent well over half an hour trying to win the fight, i considered several times leaving the battle and losing the trophies but i kept getting really close to nearly winning so was tempted into keep fighting, but as you said all it took for the AI to refill its health was some good hits then i was back to square one, finally managed it but im never doing one of those battles again, ill be exiting right away and take the trophy hit :mad:

10. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Huh. I've gone up against AI teams using Claude with the 3 pig arena configuration something like 10+ times now, and I've never had the match last longer than 2 full rounds of shots - now I'm wondering if I'm insanely lucky.

11. Tigerangels42038

Ive got an over 40k team so pvp for me has been really quick for a while now, i know in general the pvp battles are now longer and more strategic but still ive never had a pvp battle like that one, it just went on and on and on... :confused:

EDIT: i should mention as well that the type of 3 pigs i got didnt help the situation at all, hardly any extra damage and a lot of health and reduced supershots

12. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Ah, that always tended to drag those matches out even before the health increase, and there's a bug right now where killing the health pig heals your opponent and not you, so that certainly can't have helped either.

13. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I have Claude as my team leader, and have come up against other Claude led teams. It DOES take longer to win, especially when you have the trio described above, but while it is a bit of a grind, I do typically triumph eventually. I have found the best way to do this is to be able to wipe the board. Tends to knock the points low enough so that if they don't get a big enough healing hit the next time, another strong hit will seal the deal.

If you think this takes a while, I had a match, and both of us use Claude as the leader, and the match glitched with the cage, and we only had 2 little pigs for the rest of the match...took forever!!

This new matching seems to make the game more challenging. I just fume when I see I am fighting/beating someone who has 10000 more trophies and do not get any better compensation for the win...lol

14. Wintermute

Wintermute Tiny Birdy

Mathematically in some of these cases it makes more sense to quit the fight and move on, if the fight takes more than timer x2 :)

15. Tigerangels42038

Good point! I cant take having to go through that again im defo just going to take the trophy loss hit lol

Wintermute likes this.
  16. Ikwachi

Ikwachi Hatchling

I hate the changes, don’t have the time to waste and will be deleting the game if they don’t change it.

17. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Tiny Birdy

you do know this pvp change is only for this week and next week will have another change right?

18. Epic Buttstomp

This recent FB post by Rovio sums it all up:
    This week, pigs have increased health[​IMG], so killing them will not be an easy fly! Try out different team combos to push them to the other side - get clever and use flockers with pushing Supershots![​IMG]⬆️

Try out the different birds you have collected and use different tactics. PvP was kind of boring since I win 99% of them. Now I still win 80%+ if I play carefully. By adding extra prestige levels, do you honestly think Rovio won't add something extra to utilize those power gained?

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Epic,
    I am looking at your available birds & I cant see how your loosing at all in PVP, especially this week?
    Unless, you don't have most of them beefed up yet?

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  20. Epic Buttstomp

I get distracted at times or the other side have some advantage. I play my son's account (kid has homework) sometime at the same time.