1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critical server error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaybird77, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Ozshwehtoo

Ozshwehtoo Hatchling

No. The horror CSE is back (just started 10 minutes ago). Even selling a bird caused CSE .

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I had it a few times late last night (PST) right before going to bed. So over this...

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Finally got a response from Rovio from a ticket I put in on Thurs about getting royally screwed at level 70 of eagle mountain. They apologized & said that they already sent everyone "very generous compensation on the 30th that should more than make up for any losses". What total BS!!! That means that they have no intention of sending anything else for the second round of critical server issues that they are conveniently staying quiet about on FB. Oh, they also said it's "all fixed" but that's not true as many have reported continuing intermittent server issues.

Those rewards they sent us all (1000 gems & 25 berries) are a joke for those of us who lost out significantly on other things.
    In my case, I lost a ton of Keys, many thousands of Gold, another 1,000+ Gems, nearly 1,000 evo mats, 9+ silver tickets, 1 gold ticket, several arena tickets, at least 2,000 arena points & I will loose out on 7 prestige totems this week because of it... AND the big one is a (level 70) 5* Bird.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

Connection error and frozen app continue on both iPads and Samsung S8 in this household. Good for long times or crapped out every couple of operations

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I have noticed today that when the Arena freezes it no longer pops up the "critical server error" notice like it used to. Is this just another way they are trying to deny responsibility for their ineptitude? Or, is this a different issue?

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Well, the last 2 hours the damn "critical server errors" are creeping back into the game. Just in time to really screw with the arena results again...
    Still crickets from Rovio about the service tickets I put in over a week ago.

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 8:23 PM
    WilsonTheRedBird likes this.
  7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Same happened to me. The difference was 7 silver or one gold 10x. Guess which one I got. One hint not gold

Was mostly good all week but I don’t normally play arena during the week. Seems to happen mostly there

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Day 11, finally got 1 response from the same guy who eventually responded about the initial server errors 3 weeks ago (he denied it then as well even though they sent mass compensation a few hours later).
    He had the gall to claim that there had not been any issues since the first ones that they sent everyone compensation for back at the end of April... WTF!!! They are totally lying to us & everyone at this point so they don't have to compensate for all the ongoing server issues they had (& still have albeit much less than before). NOT OK Rovio!

Booser1 likes this.
  9. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Wolf, I think that players have come to expect that the game drops out that they stopped complaining. Two days ago my game was on and I took a phone call and the game reset. I opened it back up and two minutes later it reset. Of course, without asking I knew it was my fault so I did not report it. I really should...if not for me, but for other players.

10. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Tiny Birdy

If you can keep the device on when the game is running then it seems more stable. If you have to lock device (auto + manual) then the game will get unstable when you unlock the device again. It is easier to just close the game and start again.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I'm not complaining about the random or occasional freeze ups or even a server error once in a while like the game always had. I'm talking about when it goes bonkers with critical server errors for a stretch of time which it did at least 3 times for most players since the 1.8 update 3 weeks ago. The only one they acknowledged was the first time during the last weekend of April. They gave everyone crappy compensation & then it happened again a couple days later (and a week later on a smaller scale but enough to totally screw some of us out of the top 5 in arena). They simply refuse to admit it or any other issues since then because if they do they would have to mass compensate again...
    It is simply chicken $h*t greed & laziness on Rovio's part.

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I did not write it well. I agree and have also experience the same thing frequently. I fell down a level during the PvP last week due to it crashing almost every other time during the last hour. What I meant to state was that this level of customer support and repeatedly unstable servers has been so poor that I no longer even put a ticket in any more and perhaps others feel the same.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I don't think it's about people NOT putting tickets in since it took 11 DAYS to get a response. I think they are actually dealing with an insane amount of tickets, but they seem to be simply sending us all a default BS cut & paste denial of their ineptitude.

14. RemixFTW

RemixFTW The Best Mod

These CSE are still here for me in the form of rare “Lost Connection” errors

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I am getting those now once in awhile. I figured they changed the wording to try & blame the players devices.

16. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Tiny Birdy

Not only have I been getting critical server errors, but getting booted out of the game altogether...not used to having problems with games, however, is there a chance my first gen Ipad air is getting old?

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

yes, this game especially does not play well with older devices. BUT, it is the crashiest game I have played in years & I do have a new device. The CRE's are absolutely on Rovio's end no mater what they tell you...