1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critical server error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaybird77, Apr 29, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

There might also be 2 people playing the same account...

2. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

I was thinking the same too. Two people playing alternatively on the same account. Makes sense

3. liontooz1

liontooz1 Tiny Birdy

Compensation has arrived.
    25 scouts and 1000 gems.
    Well done, Rovio.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Not really. That was a piss poor compensation IMO. There should have been at least 1 Gold Ticket, 5 Silver Tickets, 2000 Gold & 20 Keys as well.

Also, if they are going to give 25 scouts, they should have been broken up into 5 x 5. A single block of 25 is ridiculous to deal with. If you are sitting at say 24 & accept those 25, suddenly you have 49 & wont get any free ones at all until you use 25 or more. Then consider that you have the free ones that pop up from chests that you wont get during that time. Really stupid but not a surprise...

And, I got a weird response from the ticket I put in (that they asked for) saying that I should have just looked at their updates of the situation on Facebook & everyone needs to be connected through Facebook. What do they own stock in it or something? I have never been, nor will ever connect to Facebook...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

STILL having Critical Server Error in Arena 3 or 4 times a day after supposed "fix".
    Just had a really frustrating error that happened right after it added 31 points. I closed & reloaded only to open up to a screen that reduced over 1000 points from my total. WTF? That's a new error & super frustrating after working hard this week in the top league to be 5th place.

Update: these Critical Errors are getting more frequent every hour today. Almost as bad as it was on Sat...

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  6. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

My theory: after expanding the leaugues, prizes and all that stuff - FAR MORE players been involved and play more and more ACTIVE - so the servers can't bear with the traffic and all this causing massively spreading critical server errors... I kinda doubt if it would have something in common with the last update, actually, as there was the time after the update and everything was workin' pretty great...

Cheers,

W

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Do realize that the time with no errors occurred before the game was available to all users. Once everyone was updated in the game it started to crash. I thought it was because of the existing event. However, not the case

8. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I am willing to bet a new update is coming, possibly in the middle of the event. Meanwhile compensations will be handed out.

9. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

Was getting this error constantly last evening...was very frustrating. Lost some rewards, and it happened once when I was "hatching all" of my regular eggs, so don't know if I ended up getting them all or not. It also happened once when I was doing absolutely nothing...my tablet was sitting while I was doing something else for a moment, and it was on the PVP screen waiting for the timer to tick off another free play, and up pops the error...

10. Booser1

Booser1 Tiny Birdy

Used to love a new update in many games, EXCEPT this one, as it always seems that every time an update occurs we get critical server errors immediately after, forcing many to lose pvp positions, trophies, gems and even 5 star birds as Ive seen posts on the Facebook ABE page. Lets hope we get good compensation again,for this latest one as I was up all night trying to get to 5th position on the Legends PVP after a late start on Monday.

11. Booser1

Booser1 Tiny Birdy

thats nothing, i was winning all my pvp last night, yet a critical server error would pop up when the game tried to update my trophy numbers and yep you guessed it a critical server error then pops up, crashes the game and restarts it only to find out when i click on Arena it deducts instead of adds trophies to my last total. lol what a joke!

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Well, I put in to tickets yesterday as this was getting worse & happening in Eagle Mountain & Dungeons as well.
    The first response they gave pretty much denied this was happening & tried to blame my device (which is pretty new & has plenty of free space).
    The second response an hour later was totally admitting that they were having major server issues again like a few days ago & they are soooo sorry, blah, blah, blah...

I said it before but I am pretty sure this is a 2 fold problem:
    1) they don't test their updates as some form of this happens almost every time they change something.
    2) they almost certainly consolidated servers in an attempt to save $$, which overloaded them...

13. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

This actually bugs the living &^%# out of me...most errors in this game try to blame our device or connection...utterly offensive!! Why would EVERYTHING else be fine except for this game?? I wish they would stop this practice...

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

lol, ya think? :mad:

To make it worse, it was the same guy both times.
    Also, in both messages they paste in this generic clip about how we should just check Facebook for updates/info about these issues. Well, that's ridiculous as it's totally ignored on there this time & they do say to put in game tickets in for compensation... It's just run-around BS.

15. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

We have to keep in mind these developers for "App development" think differently than the classic programmers. Apps in general have a short life span. They need to get out there fast. Fix as we go. And in no time (usually) people will move on to something else anyway. However Rovio apps tend to sit on your device for long time. AB2 have been around for few years. AB Friends have been around too.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Does not excuse the horrible errors.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Just had 3 in a row after a few hours with none. Not fixed... :(

18. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Right after I got El Jefe the game FROZE on the title screen. I hope it fixes in a few minutes.

19. Booser1

Booser1 Tiny Birdy

its also possible they were getting high while testing beta.

20. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Seems to be fixed today but no compensation as of yet & no response(s) to the tickets I put in that referenced compensation.
    They only responded to the ones that initially pointed out the issues.

They also totally ignored these issues on FB this time.