1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critical server error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaybird77, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Jaybird77

Jaybird77 Hatchling

What is up with this crap every time critical server error it sucks not to mention I think rovio took all premium tickets out of the game .

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

From the Facebook page 6 hours ago:
    It is indeed very annoying, appears to be something wrong on the backend.

3. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

Critical server error continues to show up on screen...many time restarting the app causing me to lose trophies again and again. Rovio need to fix this ASAP as probably is their server that is acting up....but surely started at the same time with the new update. Some of my clan members could not finish the MPC due to the error making the app restart.

esor likes this.
  4. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It didn't, I updated on Thursday when it went live for Android devices and there were no crashes at all that day, and most of Friday was fine too (actually can't remember when the crashes first started, it's definitely been a constant thing today though).

5. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

I got my update today becoming available for the iOS. The error started immediately after the new patch. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It didn't, everything was fine Thursday when the patch went live for Android devices, most of Friday was also fine (possibly all of it, but I went to bed early so I can't confirm that). Whatever the problem is, it's something that happened today or late last night.

7. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

I noticed the Android get their patch a day or two earlier than iOS. Before I downloaded the patch, I wasn't getting any error until after I downloaded the patch. It could be a coincidence.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Actually, it did start right after the update (2.5 days ago) for a lot of us but has progressively been getting worse & worse as more time goes by. Most likely the more people update, the more crowded the server gets which is compounding the issue. My suspicion is that they consolidated servers & overloaded them...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  9. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Tiny Birdy

After I updated, I get the CRITICAL ERROR message serval times a session. I x it out, with no harm to my game. BUT IT ONLY STARTED AFTER THE UPDATE!

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I just hat about 1 hour of assorted play with NO CRITICAL ERRORS after not being able to go 5 min without any all day. It was either dumb luck or they just fixed it.

However, an odd thing happened. Most of the day while the arena kept freezing every other time, the trophies gain/loss was almost always the max amount of 59. But for the last hour while it's been working, ever single bout was the minimum of 10. Suspicious...

11. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Not really, any match where losing (because of a server error) penalizes you 59 trophies is a match where winning would net you 10; now you just aren't unfairly losing those matches.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

But that's not how the win/loss points work. If I was going to win 10, then I should only have lost 10. Same with any #, whatever it should have been based on the differential at the beginning of the match.
    All I was saying was that once the server errors stopped, all the matches were lowest possible win points (more than 20 that low in a row should be nearly statistically impossible). Before that almost all were 59's, win or loose...

13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

No, that is in fact exactly how win/loss points work. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the ELO system the game uses: If you were going to win 10 trophies for beating opponent A, what that means is that opponent A has 200 or more trophies less than you do - if you instead lose to them, you lose 59 trophies. If you would gain 59 trophies for beating opponent B (because they have 200 or more trophies than you do), then losing to them instead would mean you lose 10 trophies.

Literally the only time the rewards for winning and penalties for losing are the same is when your opponent has exactly as many trophies as you do, in which case it's 25. There is no scenario possible where winning would net you 10 trophies and losing would subtract 10, that isn't how the game works.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That makes sence bit its just not what was happening...
    Explain why when the game froze just as it showed how many I "won" (I had to do a forced close & restart), when I came back to it, it showed that same # of 59 points drop off my score as if I had lost. That scenario happened to me 4 times yesterday with the exact same results each time. It also happened once with a 10 (I am not counting the clan buff).

15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Welp they finally locked me out for not updating, time for lots of server errors now...

Booser1 likes this.
  16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

it seems to be (mostly) fixed at this point.

Or not! I just had 2 in a row. First Sever Error issues I've had in the last 14 hours or so...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  17. liontooz1

liontooz1 Tiny Birdy

...and no response so far on my ticket. Let´s see what the working week will bring.

18. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

They’re overwhelmed with the tickets now. They know the problems and should be working on it as we speak.

19. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

Welcome to my world, which is why I have activity to be 1st place but am 8th place in pvp currently, only time it doesn't happen is in the lagg free time that equates to when all of Europe is asleep and all of America is at work

20. OmSo73

OmSo73 Tiny Birdy

Believe it or not...some only get 2-3 hours of sleep to play pvp just about every hour. I pay close attention to some of the elite players seeing that when I go to sleep for 6-7 hours, they’re up by 1500 trophies and continue to do so while I’m up for most of the day playing ABE. Their score rarely stop for more than 2-3 hours a day.