1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming New White Bird (Master) Lucha Libre And Event LUCHA-PECKA-LIBRE 03.10.2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenoflocker, Sep 21, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I have done that a couple times now in the events on 80 & each time, it seemed much easier that the first time. I suspect the difficulty drops once you complete a level

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'm relaxing on this event, but every one is saying it's easier than the others. Any chance I'd be able to beat it with Gatorops team swapping Claude for Cenk Tosun or Bomb?

I'm not hatching Lucha this event so idk what to do. Go at it or wait until next week.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

2 thoughts...
    1) if you not hurting your clan or personal totals, its worth going as far as you can without putting extra resources into a team.
    At the very least, you get several totems & gold along the way. Also, it can be educational to try dif team configurations & learn about tricky layouts.
    2) I am guessing that Bomb will work better than Cenk but i did not try either one during this event...

4. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The most important thing is you need something that delays the pigs next move(s). Without that you will be overwhelmed

Like wolf said I am sure I got through the final battle a second time with main team is because I had defeated it before

5. Slyguysmiley

Slyguysmiley Tiny Birdy

I beat event pretty easily
    Claude el jefe Matilda Geraldine and master Matilda.
    Once I got the hang of Geraldine I started doing some pretty good damage. At one point I though about using red but never had the need to change anything.

6. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Train deals 566 damage every hit, though. Just got to be very patient and have good battery life or adapter power.

7. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Tiny Birdy

Claude was huge for me the last two events. The health on critical hits is a game saver for me. I beat it with him as leader P4, Chuck (trial by fire) P6, Frost ( king of winter) P3, EL Jefe (creepy bird hug) P4 and Matilda (magnetize) P7. Train tracks just was about patience and watching what pigs were going to strike next and hitting the dancing pigs in the back as they came around. Saved Frost as much as I could to be followed by Matilda. The rocks levels I used Jefe then Claude to give me an opening to use Chucks super shot. That cleared it for Frost then Matilda. All three levels took me double digits but I got em in the end.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Rovio can and should make these extra levels more challenging for using force fields and pig color immunity. It looks like white birds work great so far but it will be good for the challenge part to make you use other stuff, not Lil Pecker or Frost.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, considering that the average % of players who actually finish all 80 levels is roughly 5%, i think they actually got it about right.
    There are very few of us who could manage a much more difficult last few levels...

What i wish they would do however is make the last 1 or 2 levels of MPDC events close again each week & require new team parameters to open them for the week. Those were very challenging & fun to play with totally dif teams, some birds i would never use otherwise.

10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yes, that would be nice. It looks like it's set up for that, just needs someone at Rovio to push the proverbial button. It would make all of us very happy, since there's nothing to do in game while waiting for timers to reset.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Finally completed a L80. Got the boulders version (after all the No-K corale set-ups, I was half-expecting fences or trollies). Pretty much used the same team of Matilda: Furious Inferno (P4/SS7), Grandfather Frost: KoW (P5/SS7), Chuck: TbF (P6/SS9), Lucha Libre: HiC and Matilda: Magnetize (P5/SS10) up to L78. Then Chuck got swapped out for Lady Bacon: Irresistable Rush (P2/SS7). LB really helped with keeping small pig damage to a minimum. Once Lucha Libre got levelled to P3/SS7, the only difficulty was big pigs spawning on top of lava vents and getting blown to the other side of the room, negating the effectiveness of hitting them all with one beam attack.

Having said all that, I noticed that the top 6% finished this event, where previous ones have been top 3-5%. So maybe the difficulty got toned down a little for this event. Alternatively, it could also be that more players have the right birds at effective levels to be able to complete the event now, compared to previous ones. It will be interesting to see how the next few events turn out.

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I think that it was a combination of different layouts, having the event birds, and possibly a bit easier setup. I was able to get to level 65 with only 53k bird power. The layouts helped a ton, and having frost and matilda was a huge help. I hope they keep it similar during the next event.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I had a similar experience. Can't remember exactly when it was, but I know I pushed a lot further with my regular PVP team before I had to swap over to the event team for this event. Even at L40-50, Carson was destroying pigs like he does in PVP. As for the layouts, as long as I don't see another X-rock fortress or gates of hell, I'll be happy.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think most having Matilda helped a lot. Also, last event had about 6% finish as well.