1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan Question(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, May 22, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, I had been in a 50 clan (lv27) for 4+ months. I was the top powered player, always top 1 or 2 in event & MPDC production & contributed enough to perks.

Today I log in to have been booted for no apparent reason.
    I don't particularly care as I had been considering upgrading to a higher powered clan anyway & I jumped into a better one immediately.
    But, what the hell was the clan leader thinking? I was often the main reason we were able to collect the full Event & MPDC rewards.

The ONLY possible reason I can think of is that I purposely dropped out of the top arena league last week so I can get some Prestige totems this week. But, more than half the clan was not even in the top league anyway & why would that matter anyway when there is no clan rewards for arena position?

2. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

No conversations had on line / discord / in game chat?

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I never pay attention to those but it should not matter when I was literally top 1 or 2 in every aspect of the clan...

4. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

Fair enough. I guess only the leader would be able to answer that question

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I actually wonder if he was trying to boot someone else & tapped me on accident but wouldn't I have been nowhere near the bottom players in that function?

6. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

The sorting in the manage clan screen is not that good...if you go in without choosing a column to sort by, the order seems random. Maybe you were just above or below the person they wanted to kick. If you were interested, you could just go back in and ask what happened, or just move on as you were contemplating. I too am consistently near the top of our boards and have considered moving on, however, a lot of the 'better' clans have requirements, and I refuse to be compelled to do anything here...it is just a game, and I do what I want. Not to mention I don't want to let the folks in my clan down unless I am given cause...

7. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Exactly how I felt & that's why I had not left earlier since it was a pretty chill clan (albeit a little too chill at times).
    But, my new clan is a bit stronger so all is well. I was just curious why a clan leader would do that...

8. Witkacy [PL]

Witkacy [PL] Super Cool Bird

Wolf :)

For me - you were kicked by mistake, though... Or to make room for someone else, yet as it seems from this what you saying that you were one of the best - that's pure kamikaze option...
    Well... Frankly saying I haven't changed much of the clans so far (except few ones at the start - either seem to be dead or hardly noone but me played during events SERIOUSLY)... I simply quit AFTER the event end and always said few words as goodbye - to be fair and leave all but good memories - probably that's why quite often been asked to come back to my former clans... I mean NEVER got kicked from any... Now being at the clan Lv. 26 since December (sure we weren't 26 then) and do what I always do: being active EVERYWHERE: events, MPDC, donating, activating perks etc. - so pretty quick earned elder here again - and despite having MANY invitations - I refuse to go anywhere else, cause simply like to be where I am - one of the main reasons is that we are NOT trophy hunters, but event based clan - so noone push me at all to play arena... This suits me vey much as this part is huge time consuming...
    I mean I could easily drop as low as I want to and still not be kicked... Second thing: noone gets kicked just like that ''poof'' and goodbye... Our Co-Pilot monitoring everything as the rules are cleared: (xp donate, perks, events)... And IF someone failed at some point gets a fair warning... One, two, three... Depends of the status and the time being with us... Warnings been given via ingame chat or LINE app - so nobody can't say of not being informed... And he has HEAVENLY patience, so noone can say of being treated bad as well...

Though we HAD such situation like yours - some of our elders (we still don't know who, as nobody let the cat out of the bag) kicked one of our members - the guy who was pretty much active - as I've been talked with Co-Pilot I suggested that this was pretty DUMB move as we lost solid member of crew, probably some wished to make some room for a friend... What we did though? First of all (as still being in touch with the man) sent our SINCERE apology and ASK if he'd be interested to re-join in in the future if having some vacant spot... He replied that at first being quite MUCH surprised, though accepted explanations and our apologies... He was also very willing to come back, so he got ASSURED his spot will be secured for him... And the guy is with us for couple of months now, while few been kicked... To avoid such stories in the future we have aggreed that none of elders will be kicking anyone from now on - just Co-Pilot or Leader...

Cheers,
    W

9. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

The one thing i will say as a leader, the amount of times ive really wanted to contact and speak to a player directly to let them know of some problem (but they have refused to join or have joined and ignored everything in off game group chat) has been a real issue for me, i know not all players want to join an off game chat but with the in game chat being dodgy we dont have much of a choice, i can post things in game chat until i was blue in the face and still never know if the game let the player see the messages.. basically what im meaning is if it was a mistake they would have had no way to tell you because the game doesnt allow direct contact and you werent in their group chat, and like starman said the members list is a mess, you can sort it by different things but only for 5 mins then it rearranges itself without warning o_O

It'SaBiRd likes this.
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

So, today after finally having enough of all the drama in my new clan, I decided to leave after about half the good players left & I joined a new one...
    2 Questions though:

1) My personal clan XP dropped from almost 19k to 0 when I joined which has never happened before. Is this a new "screw you" from Rovio or a glitch?

2) Why in the world do clans & clan leaders care how much we play in the Arena? My new clan leader is freaking out on several player who he wants to go up to the 14K league. I noticed when looking for a new clan that almost all of them want high Arena play. Why when it does nothing at all for the clan?
    I personally have adopted the method of dropping out of it every couple weeks so I can get some Prestige Totems from a lower league so I don't like pressure to be in the top one...

11. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

As for the XP dropping, I have had members drop to 0 after jumping out and back in (2 clans) I know atleast one of them got their correct # back after a couple days.. Im sure she sent a ticket to Rovio about it.. The pvp I cant really help, I never made it a requirement for the same reason you mentioned.. theres no benefit to the clan.

12. Tigerangels42038

Sorry to hear you've had more clan drama Wolf, if you ever want to join us feel free lol
    1) I noticed that when i opened the clan back up after event any players that joined had 0 XP so i am assuming its a glitch, i just hope that when they donate anything to clan it will work properly and add to the correct XP to clan and their own player XP

2) As far as i know the only thing being top of the clan pvp leaderboard gets you is bragging rights, it was originally used between clans to measure how good your clan was (before we had events every week with its own leaderboard) so you could use it to brag when advertising for new clan members by saying "number whatever clan worldwide" or something along those lines, but the game has changed and we have other leaderboards now, so i really dont see the point in putting so much pressure on a player to commit a large amount of time to arena. Only other reason i can think of is if players are in the top league and they get to the top of their league, then they get the maximum amount of gems available from arena, which they can spend on clan perks. But thats just a shot in the dark lol

13. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Depending on how Rovio decide to set up this Black Excavation, there may not be too many left by the end of Wednesday.

Some newer members in my clan complained why people were inactive last week, my comment to him was something like "given how ridiculous the event is I wonder who haven't deleted the game already". Few old timers in the clan agreed with me.

Wolf: if you don't want clan drama, come join us. Send me a PM. We don't have rules like that. Just do your daily things and we are fine.

14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Yeah, I went with this clan because they were one of the only in the top 25 to not put a high pvp requirement in the join info. Then as soon as I'm in the clan leader is pushing several for 14K league. It's just dumb.
    I'm simply going to play my way like I always do & see what happens. I'm always top 2-3 in (normal) events & MPDC and I contribute enough to perks but I do not get involved in chat & drama. So I've never been personally singled out by any clan leader once they see what I bring but still I don't like players being told to do something stupid just for status bragging...

If it gets stupid in this one too, I will seek out Tiger or Epic's clans... What are your clan names?

15. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Angry Porkchops is my clan. Founded by someone else last year and eventually passed on to me. Send me a PM in this forum, I can lock down the clan, kick some bottom feeder / new member, then send you an invite.

16. Tigerangels42038

Cassowary is my clan, if you ever want to join us just let me know its an open invitation :)

17. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

My clan has only event and MPDC requirements and is level 23. We don’t do really good in MPDC and events but we’re still good enough so that if you join you can still be satisfied. However I think you’ll have more interest in Buttstomp’s or Tiger’s clan so I won’t bother asking you to join.

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

The main thing I want from a clan is that they are strong & active enough to get all the rewards from MPDC & normal events...
    This last week was the first time in several months that a clan I was in did not finish MPDC, but that was only because so many good players revolted & left yesterday. We were at 148k out of 150k in the morning & an hour later we were down to 110k after so many left...

Hopefully the new clan will be fine so I can stick around for a while. They are actually a little higher ranked / higher power than my last 2.

19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

You guys are welcomed to join Lietuva Brangi. Think the name means Lithuania song. I took over from Riedgu who was a regular on the forum. Still a member but not as active. So I’m the acting leader. I only expect you to contribute to the clan and play events. No stress at all

20. Tigerangels42038

Lol Wolfs
    Hope the clan works out for you wolf :)
    To be honest im going to have to do a bit of rebuilding in my clan after Rovios latest event antics, i lost some great players, but at least i still have my awesome core group, the day Rovio pushes them out the door is the day i go as well lol
    I was wondering how come i hadnt seen much of him here, least he is still playing a bit, he was a nice guy