1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan Jumpers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FyreByrd, Feb 11, 2018.

1. FyreByrd

FyreByrd Hatchling

Anyone else notice members joining a clan then immediately leaving? Are they just trying to find a clan, or do they jump into a clan, see if they can claim any awards and jump to another one to see what they can claim?

2. Donmams

Donmams Hatchling

I have noticed this as well. Can't fathom the reason for it however. Seems strange to me.

3. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Same. I mean, my clan is dropping in numbers because the people in my clan are leaving to find more higher tier clans. Shame that people for me just leave without saying why. But seeing this makes me very frustrated.

4. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I think they are vultures who are looking for clans that will get the highest prize

But I have a small clan and sometimes it happens to me as well

I just dislike those that leave during an event for no reason

5. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Exactly! I just hate it.
    People assume that if a clan is small, they're not going to get anywhere.
    Kind of sad, but I'm keeping inactive players because of the clan XP they've left. Sad but true.
    Furthermore, if people actually stayed, then other people will realise it's a large group, then so on.

6. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

You won't lose the XP they contributed if you kick them.. but keeping them is taking up a spot for a more active player who would contribute more.

Desert Song likes this.
  7. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

I get ALOT of jumpers everytime im needing a new player... I assume they jump in and look for rewards.. I had one a couple days ago that had jumped in and out multiple times over a couple days.. when i clicked his avatar to see his details he was showing he was in a different clan... I thought maybe the game needed to refresh.. so i waited.. didnt changed.. i kicked him but was wondering if anyone knows how that is even possible?

Desert Song likes this.
  8. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Thanks for telling me that, I appreciate it.
    However, my clan is dead as hell anyway. There's only 2 people who are alive in it: Me and somebody else. Gotta appreciate his hard earned gems going into the fourth scout and extra egg.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  9. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

No problem.. glad to help..
    If you want to get more active players.. kick the inactive players just 1 or 2 at a time... leave your clan set to anyone can join (for now)... and I usually go to PVP leaderboards under my clan.. and invite ppl from clans that are similiar to mine or just below mine.. and you can invite from your friends list and friend search.. once you fill a couple places.. kick 1 or 2 more... I did that until I had a very active clan.. we still get 1 here and there that stops being active... so we have just one rule now... stay active and contribute or be kicked... set rules for how long someone can be inactive before being kicked.. this has worked pretty well so far.. I dont even need to ask for clan perks... they gladly keep them going..

10. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I see.
    My clan has been 80+ and "anyone can join"
    However, I might try that tactic later.
    I shall kick all inactive players now.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  11. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

Yeah, they're "clan hopping" trying to claim as many rewards as they can. Had a member that left a couple days ago (had been with us for a little while), since leaving our clan I have seen them in at least 4 or 5 other clans now. We never accept any join requests from players that haven't left a response to one of our several recruitment posts. So far, this person has been the only hopper we've had. People (potential hoppers) should know though, there's a list of names of all these hoppers that is shared among clan leaders. Eventually they aren't going to be able to find a clan to hop to or stay in or anything. Don't be a garbage person - earn your rewards!! The rest of us shouldn't work hard to get these items just for greedy, lazy people to hop in, grab them, and hop out. It's deplorable.

Lenaj76 likes this.
  12. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Dont kick all at once.. its hard to get ppl to join a clan thats missing too many players... idk what clan level you are... but im clan level 11.. we just require level 70+... some of my most active players are lower level... when I had to find alot of members to join I had to lower it to 45+

13. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Level 7, and accepting 80+.
    Just to make sure that the players are active, as the players who are not as high levelled aren't active as all. That's from experience.

14. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Agreed.. I dont have recruitment posts.. but I watch for ppl who have very low xp contributions... if they weren't contributing to another clan.. they arent going to contribute to mine.

15. Lenaj76

Lenaj76 Tiny Birdy

Yea, I have noticed ppl tend to quit after level 50-70 or never really be active at all... but even though my clan requirement is higher now.. I have a few exceptions that are very active. Just trying to help by sharing how I got and keep an active clan.. good luck!

Buds likes this.
  16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Welcome to join my clan....angrywars2

17. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

No.
    My clan might be dead, but hope is not.

FyreByrd likes this.
  18. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Worth a shot

19. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

I focus on daily clan donations and have a spreadsheet to follow it. 4 days a week is ok and later you can ask for daily donations (160 clan xp)

So when you focus on that - clan level rise and you can attract more people. But kicking inactive people is a must.

Also when you kick person out of clan - you lose your clan even xp, which he contributed.
    When new member joins - he doesnt add his already earned xp. So it is a loss. Dunno if it's the same with MPDC