1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuck event is around the corner!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riedgu, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are you willing to open your wallets? Because it won't be easy

2. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I hate my life...

Why?

I have 0 tickets and 0 gems saved up...

No chuck for me this time...

3. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Ah, after waiting since global launch, we have the next excavation event.
    Rovio really likes to skive this type of event, don't they?

4. Deja Dare

Deja Dare Hatchling

Ravio has drastically decreased the chances of any1 getting an event bird. The 3-tier bird system is awful, U shouldn't be able 2 double up an event bird until you've gone through all 3 birds once 1st. I spent about 25 silvers on last pirate event & only got one 4* bird. Trash! I don't look forward to events anymore. BRING BACK MPDC

5. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Although, this should be interesting.
    For Apple, they have yet to disclose the odds of hatching a 5/4/3/2/1* bird, as well as all the loot you can gain from battle.
    And they have to disclose the odds, as it's the latest Apple law.

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I’m going to take a bet that the multiplier doesn’t work the way you think it works.

I belive that once you get a 5* bird, the higher the multiplier the higher chance that 5* is the event bird.

Rovio tries to make you think that the higher the multiplier you have, the higher chance of the event bird popping up.

What I’m saying is that if you never get 5* birds, then you probably won’t get the event bird too.

7. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

If chances to get are 0.1%, so 30x mean that it is 3% chance to get a bird.

Until Rovio discloses the odds - there is no way of knowing.

And I still beleive (without support to this claim) that if you have bought something - the less likely you are to get it without buying. So it would reinforce the habit of buying gems.
    I once spent 8eur and now getting hard time to get anything

8. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I am not a Rovio apologist and yes the drop rate drives me crazy often; however, how boring would it be if everyone gets the featured birds?

Will you still play if you had every bird? Would you still play if you had five 5* birds for each color?

For Rovio perspective would it beneficial for the drop rates being low? They do need to make money or why would they create games

That being said I hope you all get the chuck that we who have it love

Polen and Desert Song like this.
  9. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

They carge dollars for 1k gems. If I spend 4k gems - I would like to get something. Even if I acquired these gems with in game activity

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I understand but don’t think we want to have to pay $10 or 8€ for a 5* bird every month either

11. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Part of message was gone.

It's something like 20dollars for 1150 gems. So for 4k gems (3x golden ticket) I would like to get at least one bird.

It's their problem that game has no end game goal. Having all birds is ok. Not having what to do with them - that's another question and Rovio should answer that

12. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I agree the game has no purpose other than killing time and praying for an event drop

I have a pretty good main team and very rarely lose in PvP. Never in the regular battles

I don’t know why I still play as much as I do. Guess it is like playing solitaire on the computer

The lack of content and challenge makes me wonder why people pay real money to play

Riedgu likes this.
  13. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Totally agree. I guess that’s how addiction works, You don’t know why but end up doing it anyway!

14. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Sneaky bastars - event will end on Sunday, so we couldn't take arena gems :D

15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

My team is a good no chuck/Annie/Matilda team

Claude is my leader because of his OP ability
    Probotnik and Carson are on my team for a board sweep
    Fire Rooster is my second option if Carson and Probotnik won’t kill a lot of pigs
    Steve is there for team power and I would use Terence but in case of a long battle then I use Steve

16. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

They want the mon-EEEEEEEEEEE.

17. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

I guess I got really lucky after spending 25 silvers and 2 gold tickets, got annie and chuck!

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Cool, they made it to end on Monday- nice gesture from Rovio :)

19. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

@Riedgu
    Interesting and subtle change.

20. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

Just out of curiosity,
    Has anyone seen any boss fights during this event? I haven't seen a single one. And I don't think my clan mates have, either.