1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carson Glitch or Nerfed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A. Wolf, May 29, 2018.

1. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

So, I have not actually manually played my Carson's in months so I don't know if this is normal but I don't remember it being so blatant:

About 80% of the time, in the current (fixed) black week arena format when Carson shows that he will KO pigs, they only drop down to about 5% health & don't die. I'm not seeing this happen with the other black birds I'm using...

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

- Are you using all black (I assume yes)?
    - Is Carson your only black 4* bird on the team?
    ---- If so, that could be the reason. Not only were the birds buffed so were the pigs. Thus, using math that is now above my remembered education level (I am old) the percentage of increase of the birds are probably higher in total than the birds..especially lower birds (lower than 5*)
    ---- If not and the other 4* birds are doing normal damage Carson is either Glitched or nerfed. (I know that this is the subject of your question.) Have you tried Carson on a normal marker battle and is he diminished in strength there too? If he is not affected there then there is either a glitch or the percentages of buff black birds vs buffed pigs. If he is affected in both locations it is likely that he was either inadvertently nerfed or there is a glitch. There was not mention in the upgrade notes.

**** My conspiracy thoughts are Carson was nerfed because we are about to get 5* version of Carson as the Basketball bird.

3. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I have missed using Carson...He was my cleanup hitter before I could no longer justify a 4* bird. Using him again for this event reminds me of why I used him so religiously. I do not see any problems with him this week; he is clearing the board as usual. Occasionally I HAVE noticed some KO's I was expecting not happening, but I chalked it up to moving his landing point out of the 'sweet spot'. I will have to pay closer attention

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My Huge Mosh Pit Carson works fine on mine and son's accounts.

For "round winning kills", Zain is better.

5. Starman.thc

Unfortunately, Carson and Eddie are the only black birds I have buffed up the SS on...Zain, Byron, and Dr Probotnik are regrettably at a very low SS (and bird level). They DO seem to be doing the trick enough to make this team worth using though...

6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

My team is Eddie, Carson, Byron, Carson, Zain.

Zain is not having this issue at all but both Carson's are. It clearly shows "KO" on the Pigs but it does not kill them. Just knocks them down to almost no health. The first couple times I chalked it up to maybe my finger slipped slightly at the last second but it has been way too consistent & seems to be happening with more & more regularity as this week goes on.

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

My black team: Dr Probotnik (P3), Carson (P3 Huge mosh pit), Bomb (P3 not on my shift), Eddie (P2), Bomb (P1 thunderdome)
    Son's black team: Zain (P6 plague mask), Carson (P4 huge mosh pit), Zain (lvl 80 vampire look), Carson (lvl 36), Kalwoski (lvl 43)

8. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Ive had that for a while and is usually when using fans from the sidelines, i put in a ticket about it months ago and after a bit of back and forth they basically left it at "its working as it is suppose to on our end, you must be missing out by a couple of pixels as the games graphics mean you have to be accurate".. which lead me to having to drop Carson since i could no longer trust he was going to KO the pigs. I have been using him this week though and he hasnt been as bad as he was for me before, but i have noticed his AOE (on raging mosh pit) is shorter than the black zone suggests, not by much but enough to miss some important power ups.

9. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It's not just Carson, all my black birds are running into the issue where the game displays that a shot will KO a pig but it might only "almost" kill it, it started happening earlier this afternoon; prior to that everything seemed to be displaying accurately.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

This is getting to be a 100% problem as the day goes on...
    Now my Eddie is doing it as well. If it shows that 75% will be taken off, only about 50% actually comes off the pig health. It's possible that ALL the black birds are doing it but Zain is strong enough that it does not matter & I am throwing Byron away in first shot since he is my weakest of the 5.
    If this is the case, then it is clearly a bug or coding error that is improperly portraying the pig heath.

11. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I have seen that this is either toattaly or mostly with pigs at ss1 of putting up black sheild, seems they put it up and block some black damage even though black is supposed to bypass it and it has 1 turn remaining. Seems to make the same amount of % difference as hitting in the back or not

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Nothing to do with the shields, it happens regardless of that.

Now it is happening all ALL THE TIME with all of my black birds...
    I don't get why this is just getting worse & worse as I progress?
    Am I really the only one experiencing this with regularity?

13. kiwiloganalt

kiwiloganalt Tiny Birdy

I was not shure if it was only sheild pigs 1 turn to go but quite possible that if you have it for all I also do just some are less obvious than others to observe this

14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It's got nothing to do with the arena and shield pigs, I can make a shot that says "KO" in the Black Dungeon (not a super shot, just a critical attack), that I've made with the same exact bird prior multiple times, and now it suddenly doesn't quite knock them out; since it's on one of the riot squad pigs, I can also tell that my finger didn't slip a bit as it would have taken barely any damage if I hit it from the front. Unlike the arena, dungeons have preset difficulty levels that then do not ever scale upwards as your team improves (which is why they progressively get easier and easier as your dungeon team approaches being able to move to each new difficulty level, the pigs health and damage are fixed), so there is no reason that should have changed (and of course the shot does literally say "KO" when it is lined up).

I'd thought at first it was a rounding error and the game was just incorrectly calculating damage and showing it would KO things it really wouldn't, but I'm now 100% convinced it's just dropping damage entirely and that's why things aren't dying.

15. Starman.thc

I am seeing this as well during PvP battles...KO is clearly displayed, but pig survives to hurt me; I am being very careful as to where I am aiming and the pig does not go down. When looking at the health indicator below the pigs lined up in my cross hairs, it also seems to imply a KO...It seems to happen on the larger pigs, and NOT consistently, but often enough to be an issue...