1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carson Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie14, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I am hoping my current collection 108 silver tickets (Inbox + hatching hut) and 8 gold will get me all 3 Carsons. Few more tickets from MPDC, EM tonight, and Event not counted yet. I probably will burn some energy down with my existing team with 1 Carson and 1 Lucha in place of a Matilda + weaker Chuck. That should get me into the 40s easily. Then hatch at my lunch break. Burn up the silver tickets first is the plan. No point or need to save anything for Dr P event after.

Annie14 likes this.
  2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

You're not gonna hatch them all first?

3. Epic Buttstomp

Don't feel like hitting the Hatch All button if I can help it. I may not track anything when I am pressing the button but I prefer to hatch 1 at a time. If I get the 3 early then I can stop and save the rest. Silver tickets are hard to come by especially when Rovio nerfed gems.

Annie14 likes this.
  4. spennyman

spennyman Hatchling

i fed all my 4 star carsons to 5* black birds .... wish i hadnt

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Interesting. I find I get slightly better odds when I hit hatch all.

6. Lars

Lars Hatchling

For now I only have 25 silver and 2 Gold, which couldn't be enough to get to 4* carson. I'm thinking about to skip carson. Realy dont know right now

7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Do you have a 4* Carson now? If not you should try for him. 5* would perfect but not likely but possible

Annie14 likes this.
  8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

The boost has gone back to what was originally posted... 250% for the 4 star version, and 400% for the regular and master 5 star versions.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I wonder if internal testing means the levels require the 5* version to complete.

Annie14 likes this.
  10. Epic Buttstomp

Crowd Control usually will get you deep into the fights. Birds like Lil Pecker, GF Frost, Bomb with thunderdome, Dr Probotnik all can help

Annie14 likes this.
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

LOL... That would imply they actually TEST anything before changing it.

Tigerangels42038 and Annie14 like this.
  12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Lol. They have to test it at least a little. But "a little" is a VERY relative term.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made the event harder so people would try more for 5* and master Carson. Two master birds is hard to pass up.

Annie14 likes this.
  13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

But w Cyril as the event bird, i bet they see a big drop off in people finishing it.

Annie14 likes this.
  14. Annie14

Annie14 Tiny Birdy

I'm with you... I hatch one at a time.

15. Epic Buttstomp

I have been saying how bad Cyril is to the rest of the clan, especially the newer players.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  16. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

How do you tell other clans?

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i mean, ill still try to finish all 80 but because i like the challenge... NOT because i want Cyril.

Annie14 likes this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

typo. fixed in original

19. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Interesting point on that. They did a competition on their Facebook page to win a master pecker after the event. Closest guess to the actual amount of times master pecker was won. The actual number was 25,388 times. So, working on 5% of players actually completing L80, that's just over 500k active accounts. Compare that to the 10 million+ downloads on Google Play.

Mind you, even though that's a big loss, it's not unusual for a mobile game to have such a huge swing in its first year. However, what they can't afford is to lose more players if they want the game to remain viable and profitable.

20. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

You forget though that every new version, and every re-installation counts as a new download. Twenty three full versions, plus patch downloads from the store, and hell I know I reinstall every few weeks just to get clan chat working until the next time it crashes, and that's say three times a month or more over the last 16 months. Their downfall was going public with their stock, has been nothing but losses ever since, mass layoffs have gutted them. Their recent earnings report came in less than half of what they projected so yet again the stock dropped. Sad part is if they were sensible they'd quit gouging and driving their consumer base away and instead would find a happy medium where they can make a profit, continue to improve upon what truly is a great game, and keep us reasonably happy.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.