1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shire84, Aug 22, 2018.

1. shire84

shire84 Hatchling

im somewhat disappointed to say the least with the change in mr peckers Daily challenge , I can only click on one and have two goes , I opt generally for tier 5 as that’s the furthest it shows and then do tier six and it says limit reached ... I can’t find anyway to be able to go further to pay for more MP-et tickets and I’m findinf this rather shit !! I’m confused how at the bottom where you have weekly clan awards there is thousands of pig noses for ex 18K of29k for 100 gems when even if all 50 of my clan where to play every day and achieve the max it’s impossible so there must be a way :/

Yours confuzzled
    Please see light
    Many thanks
    Level 60 player xx

2. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I think it is just as confusing to others as well. Personally I have no clue what this is going to end up looking like...especially if they are already mucking around with the rewards. I am just playing the highest tier I have access to at any particular time and finishing the waves, collecting my rewards until I am out of opportunities to play. First day I missed out on playing some levels because I did not pay close attention.

Anyway, the only thing that it appears we can do is play 2 chances on whatever of the 4 available sections per day are open. It appears as we finish a tier in those sections, the next becomes available for your next chance. There does not yet appear to be a way to pay for more chances. Clan rewards seem to be buggy, and as usual, unreachable for most.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The thing that they don't ever explain, in typical fashion, is that each tier you complete unlocks the next one, and that your progress stays unlocked from one week to the next. In other words, eventually you'll be able to click Quick Battle twice on the very highest tier for whichever challenges are unlocked that day and get the maximum reward, as will all the rest of your clan. The Clan reward track is 100% achievable that way. There is no way to pay to play additional times, and there might not ever be a way, you won't need it (eventually).

We're slogging through the more mediocre side of the scale because they redesigned and balanced the challenge as something players just reaching the Yellow Desert will be unlocking, ie, pretty much brand new folks, but once we finish unlocking all the challenge tiers it's in many ways a definite improvement over the old system - you could get more of certain individual types of rewards each week (like super shot totems), but those weren't FREE; you would be paying 700 gems a week for that. Examine the changes to the personal and clan reward tracks for the challenge in the light that nobody in your clan needs to spend any gems to unlock them, and you'll realize why I'm not bothered by this change (and indeed, in some ways I vastly prefer it to the old system).

It doesn't remotely make up for them cutting the gold rate from dungeons, but attributing that to the new Gold Challenge was always an outright lie and has nothing to do with MPDC itself.

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

While I personally enjoy the new format as a graphical update, I think Rovio essentially ruined the only part of the game that presented a challenge to all players, regardless of rank, league, or skill. I was never able to beat the final wave despite having a bird power of 36,000+. I completely understand your reasoning, and agree with most of it, but the problems of having no way to reenter or the lack of challenge bothers me significantly.

RNGesus likes this.
  5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I can understand your reasoning as well, but the old challenge... wasn't challenging either, not really, and here's why - it didn't actually matter if you finished wave 10 or not. No matter how well you did, you would always, always, always have to fork over 100 gems if you wanted the last personal reward; dying on wave 9 or 10 ultimately didn't matter. As long as you could reliably get somewhere between 300-400 snouts on each attempt, finishing it was just a matter of sinking gems and time into it each day. Finishing the clan reward track just took a full clan of people doing that each day (ours typically finished a day before the reset would kick in).

I would maybe kill 1 pig on wave 10 and then get pummeled about as often as I would finish it towards the end of that version of the challenge, and I started using it as an opportunity to mess around with birds I didn't typically use, because I knew it ultimately didn't matter. The challenge devolved into a time and gem sink - this new version may not be challenging at all, but it's free and also quick, and those are good things.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Tigerangels42038 likes this.