1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blame your phone, not our game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyk, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I have a Galaxy S9+. I keep all my apps closed and rarely have more than 5 running in the background. Yet the dungeon loading screen freeze glitch is apparently my phone's fault. Screenshot_20181030-130123_AB Evolution.jpg

2. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

The equivalent of a robot malfunctioning due to itself in an open field and the corporation asking "Was the environment clear?"

3. Kimo

Kimo Tiny Birdy

On a Pixel XL. Same problems and same canned answer from support.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

That is their standard answer... has been for a long time. Blame the user, not the product.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

It just like the old classic computer support line: Why don't you try Format C: and reinstall OS?

6. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

20181031_102644.jpg

Finally, a decent response.

I feel kinda bad. After the canned response I posted above, I sent back a message complaining that all I wanted was my keys back from the dungeon loading freeze and it was stupid that as a paying customer I'm not getting what I paid for. I hit send and then realized, the original ticket was for glitches in the Dr. P. Event costing me gems in energy. Lol, this game is such a mess right now that I can't even keep track of the support tickets I'm submitting because of glitches :confused:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Screenshot_20181101-103637_AB Evolution.jpg

So after they agreed to refund my keys, the next day I got this in my inbox. So apparently, Rovio is saying that they will not fix any issues related to the game. Wtf.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i assume this one was for the unused Energy though...?
    If so, they are right. its just not explained which is the real issue.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

The original ticket was for energy. I messed up my response and talked about the missing keys from the loading freeze. They offered to give me my keys back, but then sent me that message after I said thank you. I think they are just as confused as me.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

well, i was told the last time they actually responded to me 2-3 months ago, that they are "no longer authorized to compensate for any issue under any circumstances", also siting that disclaimer...
    Then last month they ASKED players to contact them for compensation after they screwed up the prestige change. So, I and about half my clan put in requests & some of them got compensations of 100k gold & 20 prestige totems.
    I have sill not even received a single response other than asking if i had figured out my issue form reading the FAQ's... IDIOTS.

11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I wonder why they won't compensate players for legitimate claims. It doesn't make any sense. It costs them nothing more than a few seconds. Anyone who has ever worked on networks or program settings knows that it takes a few clicks to navigate to the appropriate value and then some typing to change it. It takes a few seconds and keeps people happy.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, well that is the crux of Rovio... they choose to be adversarial & treat their customers like the enemy rather than a valued commodity.
    Its bass akwards business.

13. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

While I am in NO WAY defending it, the practice is used a lot to dissuade people from making claims in the first place. The thinking is simply that if they give anything to anyone, it opens the door to people continuing to ask. If they flat out deny everything and anything, fewer people ask, which costs them less in support costs. Ditto with 'real' support.

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Very short sighted in my opinion. Short term gains and long term losses.

Here's the latest response:

Screenshot_20181102-135424_AB Evolution.jpg

15. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

You will get nothing off of him, Adam and Matys are notorious for giving nothing. The minute i see their names at the top i stop reading properly and skim since it will be the usual canned response. The only 2 that actually help players is Emily and Marcin, but even then it depends on what mood Rovio is in. As Wolf said earlier they stated before they were going to give nothing, but later put out a post asking players to get in touch with them. They are a very mercurial company, depends how you find them on the day.

16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Funny you should say that. Just a sampling of Glassdoor reviews shows it's part of their corporate DNA -

17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Oh man. Wow. That's incredible

18. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I particularly like the comment 'game design is driven by analytics'. For some reason, it just gets me thinking of the crazy, random stuff search engine optimisation tends to throw together... Who knows, maybe Rovio will give the world its very own game version of 'Old man wearing diaper with crutch i-phone case.'

19. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

That 1st review explains a lot. In my experience when small companies that do well get large corporate cookie cutter structures forced on them, it rarely works out well. It breeds a middle management attitude of "well it worked in X and look how successful we were". Ive been through that process before and if it were to ever happen again anywhere i worked in the future, id jump ship at the 1st sign of it lol.

20. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yeah, it really stifles innovation. Which is bad, because the creative types don't perform well when they're expected to repeat the successful formula, but maybe give it a new hat (and then, only if the data says indicates that a new hat is needed).

Tigerangels42038 likes this.