1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billie red excavation event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Platty, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

40% stronger power up!

2. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does "power up" mean? Is one of Billie's evo's better than the other for this event?

3. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

No one can really say just yet as this 5 star version is a new release. The 4 star variations were not much to speak of, so not expecting a great difference with these. Power ups would be like the health and attack icons that drop from the clan perk, or when hitting pigs and fans.

Magnuson likes this.
  4. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Thanks Greg. I've got two Billies sitting at L60, so maybe I'll do one evo of each. I'm also wondering if it would be a good pairing to use Bette as leader with Billies in the team, for those who don't have Claude, since the power ups from Bette's leadership will be 30% stronger. I'm not likely to use tickets to chase after the 5* Billie if they do like last time and make the first 4* Billie a x25 chance hatch, instead of just giving us credit for the first hatch so we can immediately try for the second hatch.

5. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Biggest benefit of Bette would be the increase to damage from a red bird on the next attack, but that only takes effect if she kills a pig, and being a 4 star you'd likely lose out on a good chunk of health with her in the mix. Powerups if they use standard excavation layouts like the gate from hell, 3 post with one blocking the leader, and force field fences will make powerups hard to pick up if you aren't using black or white birds, since most red birds don't run and bounce around instead they are more of a sniper type attack. With red birds as a whole getting a boost, another red bird that boosts red birds 30% might be better, if Claude or something else with a really good leader ability are not in your flock. May just have to test things out on some of those lower quick play levels to find what works best for you.

Magnuson likes this.
  6. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Good point. Yeah, I can't afford to give up the attack increase. As I think about it more, maybe I'll try using Beast as leader, then use Matildas and Billies, so I can get a 30% boost to everything, since Beast boosts both red and supernatural.

7. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Rooste is handy to pick up power ups and with 100% bonus

8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Precisely! Always play to your strengths, don't always need an event bird, sometimes it's just a matter of some crowd control and whittling the pigs down.

Magnuson likes this.
  9. CLEMCO

CLEMCO Hatchling

Are they not planning an NFL/Quaterback event? I was waiting for that, due to having 2 but not the team I would like.
    Anybody know, cuz i was certain last week or this week would be timing.
    This Red event is easy filler, for them, but a waste of time for most of us.

10. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Motherflocker

Nope, the licensing lapsed so even if they had it would be a generic version like the last few times we've seen him anyway.

11. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Have around 50 tickets in stack and 20+ gonna expire in the mailbox this week. Shall I hatch?

12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Let see how many you gain in Eagle Mountain tonight. If the stack count is way higher than let that 20 expire.

Bigger question is do you care about not having the 5-stars Billie. For some of us long time players we may choose to do without her. It seems some of us can potentially or did finish last few events with team containing mostly non event birds.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

sooo, anyone else feel like this is the biggest "take a nap, not hatch at all & not care if you finish" event they have managed to date? I guess the only incentive to finish is the Gold Rune (maybe).
    Also, notice they changed the boost % of the 4* & 5* Billies compared to the other 4* events. AND, WTF is it Red doing as the reward master? he will have his own event in a month or so...

Redwing, Mr. Anderson and honeybun like this.
  14. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

The purpose of finishing event was the master bird. Having RED there, I totally lose the interest of finishing it.
    Basically end up with using silver and totems to fight for a useless master red and that golden rune.
    Actually the tendency to hatch is to use the expiring silvers for gold totems from hatching or selling 4 star birds.

15. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Red has his own event? Not the red excavation event? I thought they were inclusive.

16. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Yeah I noticed that too. When I first saw it was a Billie event, I thought at least I'd have 2 birds at 400% boost to use, but nope. The 4* Billie is only 250%.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, unless they abandoned their long used Core Excavation event running order and skipped Terrence altogether (which i suppose is possible now)

18. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

I envy the guy who got lvl 70 5 star Billie from EM.

19. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Lol, looks like Terence will be the bird I kept missing.

20. Lars

Lars Tiny Birdy

I also skip this event. No need for me hatching Billie. No Worth it at All.