1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best black bird?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matticus, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Matticus

Matticus Tiny Birdy

In you opinion, with 5 (or 4?) stars bird is the best or all? And which evolution?

This is for the general discussion (to make it usefull for everybody).

For my personal case for now I have Byron, Probotnik and Bomb. I wish I had Dutch but not yet... Byron is max level but not Probotnik (almost) nor Bomb so I am not sure which one to max to replace Byron. I really like Bomb super shot at level 20-60 but it looks like it will sadly disappear at his next evolution...

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Cowboysfan likes this.
  2. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

Byron, Dutch and Carson are the best black birds. Carson is really good for clearing the board with his HUGE ss. However, his "fall down" is that he needs his rockstar set in order to do a lot of damage to pigs in the arena. Dutch and Byron are 5-stars so they don't need any set to do as much damage as Carson, and they give your team more power & health than Carson (because he's a 4-stars bird and they're 5-stars birds.)
    Now for which one is better between Dutch and Byron? Byron got a really good range for his ss and a cooldown of 2 turns (after level 80), so he's really really good. However, he has a tiny problem in his ss, which is that he can't pick up power ups, he upgrades them instead, and that might be really risky in PvP. You don't want your opponent to have upgraded power ups, it will put you in a disadvantage. And on the other hand, we got Dutch who got a nice range on his ss, a cooldown of 3 (after level 80), and his ss damage is amazing plus his ss gives you a lot of combos for extra damage. But, he doesn't upgrade power ups like Byron, he picks them up. It's up to you to decide which one is better. ;P

(Dr. Probotnik isn't that good, due to his ss having 3 turns cooldown (Just like Dutch, I know), but with much less damage than Dutch. And let's say you didn't go with that evolution and went with the mind control instead. Mind control isn't the best in PvP it will only control 1 pig and I don't see that being that much useful.)

(Bomb wasn't there, because his "welcome to the thunderdome" ss doesn't help you that much, especially in PvP. I won so many times against players with Bombs using that ss, because it makes it harder on their team to keep attacking the pigs, while you can kill the pigs with your black or white birds. And now for his other evolution, yes it is good, but still not as good as Dutch's, while having the same 3 turns cooldown.)

Side note: There's one more bird that we shouldn't forget about, which is Zain. He has an amazing ss with tons of critical damage. However, that's not really helpful, unless you have a Claude as your team leader. (Claude's team leader ability converts critical damage into health for your team, which is quite amazing.)

That's my opinion on black birds. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, and it's fine. I respect everyone's opinion. And I hope this was helpful. :]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. Matticus

Matticus Tiny Birdy

Wow! This was extremely useful thanks!!!

I will keep Byron then for now until further notice :) and keep crossing my fingers to get Dutch someday!

4. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

No problem & good luck. :]

Wintermute and Nei Cruz like this.
  5. Loox

Loox Super Cool Bird

I have Byron too and I love him.

Now about Zain... I do have Claude as team leader. Should I swap my Annie (gasp) or even Byron (gasp! Gasp!) wth Zain for the healing. Or are the stats of a 5 star bird outweigh the healing I could get from Zain?

6. CiprianS

CiprianS Super Cool Bird

Very good job Night. Thank you.

Night likes this.
  7. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

If you're asking me then I'd actually go with Zain instead of Byron. That extra health from the critical damage is good enough to replace Byron's extra health (the extra health for bring a 5-stars bird over Zain which is a 4-stars bird). Byron is too risky in the arena due to his ss upgrading the power ups instead of taking them. However, if your aim is not towards the arena and only focusing on regular scout missions, then I guess Byron is better in that case. Also, keep your Byron for the black dungeon, he is a beast in there. As a matter of fact, I think he is thee best black bird for the dungeon. But hey, that's just my opinion, it's all up to you and your decisions. Hope I help enough, and good luck. :]

Liana1356 and Bean-O like this.
  8. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

No problem, and thank you for your kind words. <3 :]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Liana1356 and CiprianS like this.
  9. Matticus

Matticus Tiny Birdy

Yes, I must add that it's really nice to read such useful advice with no bragging and no "this is how things are" affirmations :) Thank you again!

Liana1356 and Night like this.
  10. HeroBird

HeroBird Super Cool Bird

Dutch is best black bird :/

11. NYR144

NYR144 Hatchling

What about Kowalski? I'm at lvl 60 and can't decide between strong domination or Extended domination. Any advice will help tons. Thanks everyone

12. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

Kowalski isn't that good, but if it's the best black bird you got, then I guess you can use it. I'd go with the Extended Domination, having 2 turns with 50% extra damage for all black birds is pretty good for the black dungeon.

Bean-O likes this.
  13. Bad Person

Bad Person Tiny Birdy

The doctor is the best in my opinion. Power of the toilet.

CiprianS likes this.
  14. DivePhilippines

DivePhilippines Tiny Birdy

Right now I have Carson in my team and I love the big "mosh pit." He is now at Level 60 and I'm unsure which option to go with. Is the Huge Mosh Pit even bigger than what it is now? Does the mosh pit stay the same or does it get smaller with the other option? Does the fan contribution differ that much between the two options?

Regarding Dutch, I had to face him in the arena and when the opponent deployed him with his super shot the area of damage was extremely small. In fact, after my shot all 5 pigs were spread out on the opponent's side and after their attack on the opponent they all moved toward the center, forming a clump of 5 pigs and Dutch's attack area barely encompassed all of them. Based on this I decided I wouldn't put much effort into leveling him when I have Bomb and 2 Zain I could work on. Was Dutch's area of attack small because of that particular evolution?

15. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

Regarding Dutch, yeah one evolution has a huge explosion, which means it has a bigger AOE.

And for Carson, I'd say go with the huge mosh pit (the robot looking one) because it has a really really wide range. And I believe the other option gets the same range as the un-evolved one (level 1-60), but with an extra damage from the fans. I don't think the extra damage is really worth it compared to the range on the huge mosh pit.

Here's a comparison between Robot Carson and Army Dutch.

image.jpg image.jpg

Here's a comparison between Robot Carson and the other evolution for Dutch.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Here's a comparison between Robot Carson and Byron (with the wide ranged evolution).

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    D.D., putte, Bridget and 2 others like this.
  16. DivePhilippines

@Night Wow, great screenshots. Thank you very much. I think you made my decision more difficult. LOL. I like the idea of the additional damage from fans as it has helped me in PvP battles. So extra damage from Raging Mosh Pit would be sweet, but then again, the larger AoE w/ Robot Carson could mean getting fans from 3 sides instead of 2. I really don't like the robot look (I know, I'm being petty) but the huge AoE pretty much makes it a no-brainer. I don't know why I haven't seen this when facing an opponent's Robot Carson other than he may have always been flung prior to SS. As far as Dutch goes, I still have a ways to go before Level 40 so for now Carson is my concern, but I'll keep in mind that Army Dutch has the small AoE. Thanks again for the great response.

17. Night

Night Super Cool Bird

No problem. :] LOL, yeah I know how you feel. I've always disliked the way Robot Carson look. However, his huge AoE SS made me disregard his look. And you probably haven't seen his huge SS while facing him because the AI uses the SS pretty fast so you wouldn't be able to pay attention on how big it is.

18. DivePhilippines

Thanks again so much. I now have Robot Carson and have been kicking butt in PvP battles that I use him in. It seems no matter what way the pigs are facing I can get them all to show KO, whether it be the bigger AoE or the fact I can now get more fans into the picture. I'm thinking now that instead of trying to level up Dutch (who is only at L20) I may try to get Carson to L80 to drop his SS to 2.

Night likes this.
  19. HeroBird

HeroBird Super Cool Bird

I like Dutch, enough good AOE and HUGE damage

20. putte

putte Super Cool Bird

Carson gives the best bang for the buck. He will get u quite far in the game. But after u fill the team with 5 star birds (raised team power) he needs someone to raise the attack % power up before him to be able to KO fresh pigs. And then u need Dutch...