1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best birds for MPDC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riedgu, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Taken into consideration all the new birds, what are the best birds for Major Pecker?
    I am the "new player" who wasn't able to play it, so I am totally with no knowledge who works best and whats the strategy out there. What moves are best done firstly?

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Tends on the birds you have available. I always start with the money pig because you only have him a few turns before he disappears. Then I try to group the pigs and use white or black birds to take them out. Like playing chess or golf you do things to set you up for more success in future turns

So if I (we) knew which birds you will use you would probably have a better response

3. PolarBearCabal

PolarBearCabal Tiny Birdy

Zane is great, IMO, with the evo that does the most damage. He’s especially effective after Matilda (magnet evo) or Chuck pulls them in to the center.

Mind Control Dr. Prob was a favorite for me because he’d stop a big attack or keep the money pig from escaping if I needed it. It’s glitching now, however, so that the mind controlled pig attacks you. So avoid using him for the time being.

4. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Claude (as leader) is kind of obvious. Especially with the level 8-10 waves, those will be a killer.

5. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

SO excited that everyone will get access now! Yay!
    Being that I don't have Claude (YET!) and only recently hatched Annie, my go-to team for MPDC is still Rock Stars coupled with Billie (double power up evo)
    I slap Carson into the leader spot, next to him sits Cyril, Chuck is in the middle beside Billie, and Jacquie joins the team to wrap up the right end.
    Having 3 4* birds might seem crazy, but... omg the power ups!!! Billie drops around 6 each time she can KO a pig, and the Rock Star's fans pop out lots when they're hit as well. It's a lot of fun. It's worth noting that all of those birds, even the 4* birds, are P5. Yes, I prestiged Jacquie and Billie solely for MPDC runs and I regret nothing =)

6. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Okay, I got:
    Red P5 weak spot
    Jacquie P5 long shot (wide attack)
    Zain P5 (better one, forgot name)
    Turkey LVL 96 (joker)
    Annie 91 (white bird)

Also:
    Santa level 100
    Trash 82
    Chuck 53
    Bomb 25

Kinda strongest birds here

7. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Which one is Billie? I knew that only Carson and Jacquie are worth prestiging from 4* birds

8. metztli013

Billie is the 4* red boxer bird =) I think that she is worth prestiging as well, if only for MPDC

9. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Maybe get Chuck up to Prestige Levels, as well. He's a really good bird, as you've seen in PVP.

10. metztli013

Absolutely! Chuck is the MVP on any team. I find he's useful for wracking up combo hits -can use Carson (if you've got him) afterward to clear the board with ease, or it helps to give Billie a little boost to KO a pig. That is, if he doesn't clear the board himself. He's such a boss. BUT - an annoyingly placed rock or cactus can ruin your day. Or lots of bombs in the way.

11. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

I said what I have and know who are good to have. Just got the Chuck and Bomb.

So from my mentioned birds - which ones should I place into the team if they all would be P5? Billie included

12. metztli013

Hmm.. well, I would probably put Thrash (full disclosure though - I don't have Thrash, so don't know how unpredictable he can be since he's blue...) in and take out the turkey. And have either Thrash or Jacquie as leader. Then you'd get 2 fans. That should help with damage bonus and it should get you some power ups. Once Chuck is ready, I'd probably swap him in and take Red out... Annie should be good to use there. If you do have Billie, you could swap her in Zain's or Annie's place. That's a hard decision though because Annie is awesome but Zain, being a black bird, and with his wide SS, is awesome too... Of course, if you get Carson, I'd put him in Zain's place. Deciding is hard lol! Annie works best with Claude and his leader ability, though. (I think...man, I need Claude! ha!).

Riedgu and Witkacy [PL] like this.
  13. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

If trading was a thing, I wouldn't mind helping you out with a Claude. I have a second Claude sitting at level 20 unevolved, whilst my first Claude is P.5 SS 7.

But really, MPDC is how you play the game, really. I'm more focused on brute strength than defence, but there might be players who focus on defence than brute strength.

14. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

Billie (red bird).

She is the only reason I used to be able to get through all 20 levels of the original MPDC. And I have used her in every MPDC since.

metztli013 likes this.
  15. metztli013

Indeed, and it's also pretty much about using what you have access to. I don't have Claude, and didn't have Annie for a long time, but I did have 3/5 Rock Stars, and when I realized Billie spits out all those power ups, I was sold. I haven't toyed around yet with any of the newer birds as I don't yet have them fully prestiged. Frost might work well here, if he can keep the pigs from attacking you. Santa bird...meh. Dunno about him. And I've used the turkey bird a total of 0 times so I don't know how useful he is. In the beginning I did use Bomb and his thunderdome evo, and that was pretty fun. I'd throw down a dome and send Chuck in -he'd suck a bunch of pigs in and just go zooming around the cage like one of those fellas on the motorcycle at the circus... so fun!

16. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Claude: Good healing ability

Steve/Byron: Upgrade power-ups

Probotnik (Mindcontrol): Stop a big pig from attacking you

Bette (situational): Can give 75% extra damage to Claude which means 75% extra healing

Riedgu likes this.
  17. dosetsu

dosetsu Tiny Birdy

You can honestly use any team of birds for MPDC - the trick is to simply use all of your birds before the next wave, as this allows them all to be ready. Just keep in mind who you use before the other based off which supershot is most viable to you.

18. Riedgu

Riedgu Guest

Think is to use best option and not the second hand. So I see my 80lvl Billie will do the trick. Just wondering if people use Santa as he can give presents to everyone and deal big damage. Or is it better to swap it for Billie and use all other stronger birds.

So as Remix listed - it's a nice way to pick what's right for you. Also - Turkey easily kills smaller pigs and many if them, so that's nice.Hope to earn some SS totems fast and put my birds to the test

19. metztli013

Yep, whatever works best for you with what you've got. =) I can't speak to Santa's usefulness, I actually haven't used him at all. If he works, I say go for it. If it's fun, go for it. As long as you can make it through the waves, doesn't matter how you get there =)

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I really think you need to experiment with the best birds you have and deviate from there. Chuck if you have is a must. A strong black bird that follows chuck is important

I like a strong red bird to kill big bosses. Luckily I have Claude

I have not experimented with Santa or turkey but should.

Think frost could be decent but have not tried him

The most important thing is know your teams capability and plan ahead. Set yourself up for success by using birds at the right time to maximize outcome

metztli013 likes this.