1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been 2 yrs...game changed, need direction!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlito Cherrone, May 31, 2019.

1. Carlito Cherrone

Carlito Cherrone Tiny Birdy

Wow, has this game changed! Just recently came back about a week ago and was surprised at the differences rovio implemented since I left. Currently I am having a rough time with the event (stuck around lvl 55ish) and have spent all my gold leveling the 3 event birds I just hatched. I would like to be efficient and level birds that are worth while since I have around 15-20 5 stars (which back then i felt loaded, not so much now!) So i was looking for a little direction from some of you guys who have been playing consistently.

My options are limited to older birds at the moment, but I did manage to hatch all event birds when it started (2x, 5x, 11x). Here is some screenshots of what I have at the moment.
    Screenshot_20190530-164124_AB Evolution-1110x540.jpg Screenshot_20190530-164143_AB Evolution-888x432.jpg Screenshot_20190530-164152_AB Evolution-888x432.jpg
    Im currently having trouble with a lvl that requires a blue bird to open a gate. By the time I open the gate (ss is active for pecker) the damage is far too much to clear.

Any suggestion will be very welcome and the time spent would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

I'm sure someone with much more experience will have some advise but here's mine for now.

You may not get any further in this event, your team is simply too weak.

You could try putting claude as leader simply because claude rocks.

You have good birds In pecker and dedswin for CC and some decent core birds in chuck and Matilda but at 118k you lack enough health to survive long enough to let your underdeveloped birds kill the pigs.

Do what you can.. upgrade pecker.. dedswin as much as you can and have a look through these forums before they disappear to see which birds you should be covering and investing in and you'll get further with each new event.
    Welcome back and good luck

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Forgetting about THIS event for the moment & focusing on your best birds that will help you in future events + Arena...
    These are your best birds that i would focus on with what you have available:

Claude (arena & event leader)
    lil Pecker (all events)
    Master Dedswine (almost all events)
    Chuck (arena)
    Matilda (arena)
    L Bacon (arena & once she is woke she would be an occasional event option).

As for THIS event i would possibly try
    Claude, Thrash, Pecker, Bacon, Dedswine (in that order).
    Thrash will open the gates for you (only need to hit the front left one with any blue), then you can get pecker in there to stun if you need to or just use his SS instead of wasting it to open the gates.
    If you dont want to use Claude, keep Dedswine as leader to boost himself.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  4. Carlito Cherrone

Im guessing the "thrilling beats" evolution is the way to go with dedswine? Also, before I left, carson was god like in pvp, I have a p5 and another carson aswell, is he still a viable option or with all the new birds is he just food now?

5. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Super Cool Bird

Yes thrilling beats is the best option.

Carson was and still is a fantastic bird as a 4 star, they have since released a 5 star Carson and he is great though not the impact as he was as a 4 star competing against 5 stars. Try him in situations to see if he helps but if you get a 5 star your 4's will become food.

Carlito Cherrone likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, Thrilling Beats for Ded...
    And it looks like you already have the better Pecker evo (drive by)

7. Carlito Cherrone

Thanks for the quick replies guys, one more question is bothering me. Is the campaign still a no go after the 1st spin around or did they make it rewarding for us to continue?

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

it caps at 30k opponent team power after a few rounds, so if you can handle that its worth doing ongoing for potential pink arena tickets & scout berries & the occasional 4* bird (if your clan eggs perk is activated)...
    The only thing they dont give that the scouts can is Silver tickets.

9. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

The only advice I can add is try to be patient with pouring resources into birds...Master level birds seem to be the flavor of the day, so leveling up non-master versions too far may not be best in the long run. Also keep in mind birds that you intend to awaken...another relatively new thing in ABE. Obviously at this point your choices are limited, but that will change.

10. Carlito Cherrone

Alright guys thanks for the incite. I managed to get another master dedswine @ 3x so i have started to move along again. This is what the team looks like, any suggestions on positioning and the evolution of the 2nd dedswine would be appreciated (can evolve now, just need to know if same evo applies or if the other evo is worth it). Thanks again! Screenshot_20190601-211339_AB Evolution-1110x540.jpg

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

on the ends is good & i will always recommend as many Thrilling Beats masters as you can have... LOL

Rando and Carlito Cherrone like this.
  12. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

It all depends on what kind of level layouts you are looking at.

I suspect you haven't prestige either Ded5w1n3 as your power level looks low.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Im not sure what your talking about Epic? Nothing about this event would require not putting the Dedswine's on the ends... It boosts them & they are the highest power/health on his team w the 999% boosts. Not to mention that he is almost always most effective on an end.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  14. Carlito Cherrone

Yeah neither are prestige... Before I stopped playing, I was heavy in 5 star black and red and had recently just gotten matilda as my 1st 5* white bird so my white mats were neglected as they were not a priority. I was trying to get a setup to get me to 84 for the master lady bacon reward, even with my under leveled team I did manage to make it with the extra dedswine evolved.

Yep, and thats how I ran til about lvl 78, then it was back to getting smashed. I moved claude in and removed matilda, made him leader and that snuck me to lvl 84. Yoy guys have been awesome thanks for the help. As far as lady bacon goes what is her better evo? I have the -50% health with a chance of death on my first, master lady bacon is ready to be evolved so I dont want to goof it up if that isnt the go to.
    Screenshot_20190602-170007_AB Evolution-1110x540.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  15. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Super Cool Bird

16. Carlito Cherrone

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Just remember that is basically ONE players opinion...

18. Carlito Cherrone

Very true! I do like how the opposing lady bacon feels, i pretty much kill everything with ss, hoping the other evo does not let me down. Nice to see all the new birds they added over time, i have definitely missed a lot.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

they are same strength
    its the dif evo specialties that has peeps debating her