1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arena rules is back???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I don't see this change having too much of an effect on the late start. Leagues still have 50 slots for each group? What this does mean, is saving your tickets and maybe once a month or so, just do a mad run to establish a decent lead. With the refresh rate slowed right down, the more tickets you have, the easier it will be to establish a wider gap between you and the rest of your league. If you're already in the champions league (I assume we all are), we don't get bonus gems for beating or high scores, so what does it matter if you're in first place on less trophies?

2. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

A point I happily concede, staying up for 24 hours to get every possible PvP battle is crazy town as far as I'm concerned, I would never recommend anyone actually do that as it sounds miserable. But the point is the option was there for people to play a lot, without it moving into the realms of the utterly ridiculous, and it's not like anyone forced them to do so (except for crazy clan leaders, but that's again a choice they make joining those clans). Now you can't do that even if you wanted to.

Most of us are in Legends league, but the reason this rankles is that tickets aren't an "easier" way to establish a wider gap between you and the opposition, they are literally the only way you can because nobody can play more than 32 matches in a day now, and the rewards are exactly the same; if everyone competing has the same level clan perk running, tickets (and I suppose not ever losing) are the only element that allows for a score gap. The numbers being lower is a problem because then all leads are razor thin. I will be flabbergasted if there's more than a 150 point spread between the top 5 players in my league when the week ends, which is just stupid.

Redwing likes this.
  3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I really hope that never figured into their logic. Maxing out event birds is a great way for them to drive gem sales so people can buy those evolution offers once they run out of totems and 4* to feed their new 5*. Right through the event, I was getting those offers. Even being conciencious about how I spend real money, I still found mysef checking out the gem prices to see what the value was. So I could see how someone willing to sink money into their collection would have been happy to pay to get their birds to P-levels as fast as they could.

And of course the other upside, is that in the down time, they'll still be looking to level up more 4* & 5*'s for the next big event. So win for Rovio just for leaving the system alone.

4. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

And then there are the lesser, but still somewhat significant issues, like less dungeon runs equals less friend hearts so even less hatches to sell at already lower rates. Longer timeframes to level up and at least get the 100 gems for most levels and the gold ticket on the 10s. It all cascades downhill unfortunately. Absolutely love how they dangle the shiny carrot, meanwhile utterly destroying anything and everything that you'll need or want to make it worthwhile. Seems to me they are either from, or still live in Bizarro world, where everything has the opposite meaning. We fixed it for you, need to swap the I and the x there for three other letters...

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I ask that because I’m at a point (not as good as some) where I do not need to rush to upgrade except where I need a specific bird for the event. Example I needed the second frost to PS level to finish the level 80 quest. Normally I get to 80 and slowly walk to PL. unless the bird is good. Yes usually have many 4* birds at 51+ waiting to quickly upgraded when necessary

I also have several 5* birds at level 80. Will not upgrade unless needed or just need to get rid of evo material

6. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Sorry, I meant Legends legue (got my games mixed up). Tickets have always been problematic. Even just grinding up in the bronze leagues, it was the guy with the most tickets who always had a massive lead over the rest. My experience has always been first place has such a comfortable lead, they can afford to skip a few hours here and there. It's second and third place that tend to see who can get the last set of battles in to get their nose over the line first.
    TBH, every time a PVP ticket popped out of a chest, I'd always felt like it was the booby-prize, given how quickly the event timer refilled. Now, they're nearly as valuable as silver tickets

7. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

Shiny carrot alert... go check out their latest post on their main Facebook page

8. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

This does appear to be messed up. I started last night instead of waiting for late week because I figured if I were to jump into a league and be 1500 trophies behind the leader like I was last week I could never catch up. I also figured starting at the beginning of the week the grind should not be too bad now...we will see. I had not thought about running out of keys....

9. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

This will stop or slow down the "mad dash" of hatching an event bird and leveling it up to lvl 60+ quickly to use it in an event. Whatever stock birds we have built up before will run dry eventually.

10. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Master Matilda event? Damn, I was really hoping they'd hold off on doing master core flock for a few months, and keep the normal 50 level EI for them.

11. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

Nope, the new one about the xp changes

12. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Found it. So no more colour days, every day is boosted XP. If so, it could be better than the current system, if they don't mess with the 2x for same colours fusions.

13. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

im not sure it wont still be color days... we will have to wait & see

14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

This does nothing to fix the lack of essence we get. You can't even buy essence, the only gameplay item unable to be purchased in game.

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

No true exactly... there are pop ups all the time that have essence in them. But, I never recommend buying anything from Rovio.

16. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I never get essence in the pop up evo deals im offered, someone posted that they did last week so i kept an eye out on the deals im offered and none of them had essence in them for me.

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

you dont get the offers right after you hatch a 5*?

18. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Yeah i do but they never contain essence, i think it was redwing in another thread said that there was essence in those deals but i didnt remember them ever being in mine so during event i watched out for them to see what i was being offered and all i get offered is rage totems, gold and evo mats.

19. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I used to get essence in my offers but recently the essence has been absent in those deals.

20. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Yes, that was me. Some of the better deals would have 6 essence in them. Sadly, it seems this is another thing Rovio has changed and essence has been taken out of the evo deals (or the deals with essence have been taken out of rotation).

Tigerangels42038 likes this.