1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arena rules is back???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I don't usually start Arena early these days so what is with these new rules. I rather start late (in previous rules) and get to the top quickly. How will the new rules affect those who have been practicing the late start theory.

Taken from the Russian blog:
    [​IMG]

2. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

That is what I was referring to Epic, and like I said good luck building evo mat and essence given three dungeon runs a day.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

This is a classic "be careful what you wish for" scenario, as I've seen people advocating for less battles and longer refresh timers. Well, you got what you wanted, and it's bloody awful, so I hope you guys are happy.

A version of this sort of change where it wasn't quite so extreme would probably be fine, as keeping up with PvP did get a bit grindy and, during events, felt a bit too much like spinning plates sometimes to make sure you weren't missing out on Energy/battles/etc, but waiting pretty much an entire hour between EVERY battle is ridiculous.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  4. Epic Buttstomp

What type of rewards? Same as last few weeks? Or the good paying version from months ago.

I guess this favor those who have arena tickets stack up already.

5. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

Same pitiful gem payouts as previous week.

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Rewards are completely unchanged, all they've done is entirely eliminate variance in the trophy rewards/penalties per match outcome (which is probably fine) and set the number of battles to 5 for every league across the board (which is an increase for new players and a reduction for anyone who was in champions/legends), while ramping up how long it takes to reset free battles to a ridiculously long timer so you'll get barely any opportunities.

You will NEVER beat your old high scores unless they were ludicrously low now, with everything capped at 25 (plus clan bonus) and an hour timer.

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

All they had to do to offset this was adjust the number of keys needed to enter the dungeons. Since we could get 7-8 keys per hour, lowering the dungeon entry requirement to 2 or 3 keys would have solved this. Reseting high scores would also mitigate the problem for the senior players. Yes they would get more gems, but is it that terrible to reward your senior players for their loyalty?

8. Epic Buttstomp

Hard to get evo resources without as many dungeon trips. This could be the worst part. Cannot evolve as fast.

9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Has anyone actually started arena yet? is is a 60min refresh rate for 1 entry or for all 5 entries?

10. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

60 minutes for 1 attempt

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

wow, thats a big swing... I wanted them to do this but 20-30min, not 60. Thats yet another huge dent in gold.

12. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Tiny Birdy

That and the real pain is going to be getting essence. We can get 1,760 evo mat out of the 12th wave on MPDC, but the 50 essence needed to evo at 80, and 100 at 100, is going to require 15 dungeon runs per bird. Same as before on that reagard, but before it didn't take up to five days to have enough keys to do so. And yes you can get essence from EM, but luck of the draw there, and potentially costly gem wise.

13. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio is trying to slow down progress in the game by slowing down the flow rate of resources. If you can't wait then you can pay them $$ to buy what you need.

I suspect soon Rovio will limit you cannot use more than 2 of each bird in the event team. Matilda is an old bird that some of us have many by now.

14. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

This would have been a smart move at the launch but now to late. Shameful on their part. Essence was never a problem until now...maybe

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  15. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

To put things in perspective, I did some quick number crunching that illustrates why this change to the frequency of battles makes me so irritated: Last week, if you were a crazy person who decided to entirely forgo sleep, it was possible to do something in the neighborhood of 150 PvP battles in a day, before even factoring tickets into the equation. This week, if you played every single time that you possible can, you can do exactly 32.

On the one hand, you can definitely get a solid 5 hours of sleep worry free, but on the other, winning PvP leagues has stopped being a function of playing more than your opponents and turned into an entirely luck based system where whoever randoms their way into more PvP tickets from scouts than the opposition wins. Hooray, what a fair and balanced system with no more grinding - this is exactly why I always spoke out against suggestions that PvP battles were available with too much frequency and they should lower that rate, because then you get this.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

you can get a lot of essence from EM too. but with the severely reduced Gems, i am not running it as much now

17. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Gildan ~ Only because that took it way too far...

18. Epic Buttstomp

You would think Rovio have learned something from AB2 and that runaway nightmare of arena there. Guess not.

19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Do you max a bird out because you can, so curious of how good/bad he can be or for event use. Guess under beloved new rules we will have to be more judicious or spend money

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I never played AB2 so I have no insight. I played epic to max before the arena and got bored quickly with arena there and quit. I think moves are a way to force non-payers to quit, established players to quit to only have money spenders and the patient to stay