1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arena Matchmaking needs to include STRENGTH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jado, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Jado

Jado Hatchling

I’ve seen a ton of posts about this. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to work your way into the legends bracket only to be monkey stomped into the ground again and again because you are... say level 80 (which I am!) and you routinely matched with players that are levels 140 - 165. I have had nearly perfect matches, too many to count, where I grind forever and get almost no damage on the other player. Then, they use one supershot and I’m dead. This is NOT fair gameplay. Players should be matched by trophies AND team strength. Please make this update! I’ve invested about $200 into this game and I have loved it thus far but this is incredibly maddening.

2. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

This has been a complaint since the beginning

Not sure how they could fix it. I’m a perfect problem for the current set up too. I’m in the league 8,000-11,000 because I do not play the arena often. I’m normally maxed out with evolution materials and only play enough to keep levels high enough to continue to upgrade when needed. This my level 170+ team is not bearable amongst most players in that league

As far as you go you were never meant to be in the advanced league at your level. However, you are a dedicated player who advanced enough to play there but you are not competitive enough until you can field a prestige leveled 5* team of good birds. The good thing is the A.I. Game play is not good so once you have a strong team you will win way more than you lose

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It's important to understand that, until a handful of months ago, Legends league didn't even exist: they created it because they'd massively underestimated how far some of the players would push PvP each week, so they gave them a new league that would specifically contain them and not all of the newer players who used to make it to Champions, and then get tossed into the deep end each week with utterly predictable results (ie, someone like myself would be in your league and they would win, every single time, unless you tried to game the system by waiting until the last day). Legends league is therefore, by design, entirely deep end.

90% of the players who were in Champions league, with the old rules (it's even harder now), never came close to hitting the trophy threshold that would bump them up into Legends, so if you're in that league the game assumes you know what you're in for. You don't necessarily need a fully maxed out team to win consistently, but if all your team doesn't have at least a few prestige levels first you will, as you observed, get rofl-stomped.

Player level isn't actually a indicator of anything but how long someone has spent playing by the way, saying you're level 80 and your opponents are 140 doesn't really tell us anything useful; you can have a lower level and have a kickass team, or a higher level and a mediocre one (admittedly that's less likely though). I've had essentially the same team since before I hit level 100 (which was 120+ levels ago), all that's changed between then and now is a few additional prestige levels after they raised the cap on those (and one lineup change to the same bird again, but now a master version).

Buds and PolliSoft like this.
  4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Agreed, player level means nothing. My nephew is a good bit under 100 (cant remember exactly) has a full prestiged level 5 team, is in legends 1 and is consistently in the top 10. The reason he might be finding it easier though is because he had me to tell him to not jump leagues until his team was ready. Although that same advise can be found in various threads across this forum.
    The good thing though, is you dont have to stay in legends league, if its too much then sacrafice a week and lose on purpose, that way you will go back down to champions.

5. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

The only ultimate solutions in realtime live PvP where you face team of the same strength as yours.

6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

The game already has connection issues. Can you imagine the disaster it would be if they implemented live pvp??!

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

God knows what actually are those connection issues. I am just suggesting. You know you can play your flock better than the AI