1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are blue birds useless?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbeaux92, Apr 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Are blues useful

1. You’re just a n00b, I only use Blues now

6.7%
  2. Useful enough to have one on every team

80.0%
  3. Meh

6.7%
  4. Blues are useless

6.7%
  1. jbeaux92

jbeaux92 Hatchling

Outside of Grandfather Frost for Arena (because he makes the pigs aim at the other team), I haven’t found a good useful blue bird. Are they all stupid or have I just had better luck with White, Black, and Red? Chuck seems to be the only yellow I’m interested in but at least their super shot is worth a crap

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

None of your options quite apply.
    There are a few very good blue birds (same can be said of almost all colors).
    Just depends on where & when you use them as to how useful they are (the good ones).

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

You forgot the Lil Pecker for events, that 2 turns stunt is very handy even for the most powerful teams in certain situation. It can give your big hitters a turn to recycle the supershot.

Grandfather Frost and Lil Pecker (drive by) are very handy for crowd control.

4. jbeaux92

jbeaux92 Hatchling

I’ve literally never used a blue because I think their super shot is completely useless. It doesn’t deal any extra damage and is pretty unpredictable past the first bounce.

ETA but I plan on getting GFF this weekend and I’ve never heard of lil pecker before.

5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Its situational & they (the good ones) become more useful as you level up more

6. Buds

Buds Motherflocker

I think Angromedon is quite helpful─1SS and powerful crit hit on 1 evo, and the other sucks surrounding pigs in for a huge combo hit.
    Thrash is... okay for a starter blue bird, as he has a 1 SS too. Same for Snow Maiden─helpful for a starter blue bird, as she is just an improved version of Trey (with healing capabilities).
    As before me, Li'l Pecker and GF are the birds you need. Li'l Pecker has saved my day a lot, buffed or not, and I'll get my first GF this event (even if I've been playing since before Global Launch...)
    There's other blue birds, such as Murphy, who is... well, eh. He's 3SS, yet a very powerful hitter. He'll probably only be used if he's boosted in an event.
    Another "eh" bird is Birdstiano. "Limp blue balls", as they call him. "Training", is what I suggest him to do.

jbeaux92 likes this.
  7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Li'l Pecker is the one bird that is pretty much always on my event team, regardless of whether or not he's getting any kind of boost - he's hands down the single most generally useful bird in the game. So yeah, blue isn't a color devoid of merit.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

However, you can use Frost in both Arena & lots of events. Whereas pecker is amazing in events but a very bad option in the arena. So, i disagree that pecker is the MOST useful bird in the game. I actually give that title to Claude...

9. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I'm probably slightly biased when it comes to Claude, because for the longest time I never acquired one... and by the time I did there wasn't really a point trying to get him combat ready over my much more heavily developed roster, particularly because there were so many other viable leaders by that point. Then Master birds started showing up, and it became actually pointless using him (since I don't have a master version) - heck, his ability has even been duplicated, so he's not even unique anymore (though I think he's still the only one with that skill that has a master version, so there is still that).

Claude isn't useless of course, but his healing isn't anywhere near substantial enough to warrant putting him on an event roster when he's not buffed - the best way to survive nightmare mode is to just never actually get hit by anything but tiny pigs a couple of times, because everything dies too quickly or never gets to attack you due to always being stunned. On the PvP side of the equation, in my experience matches you'd lose to the AI aren't typically close enough that any healing you would have gained from a Claude would even make a difference, you just get demolished from out of nowhere due to RNG favoring the opponent, or you win handily with any halfway decent team; there's not much middle ground.

You're not wrong about the usefulness of a 2-turn stun in the arena of course... but one of your team has to take that first shot.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well, agree to disagree about Claude.
    He can pretty much be the leader in all events regardless of any boost & is by far the hardest hitting bird in the game which can do a lot of damage in the events & speed up the play (also his damage boost & healing do actually add up). Multiple CC birds are a very good option also & i do use a pecker in the majority of events.
    There are obviously MANY MANY dif ways to compete in both the arena & events which is a great thing about games like this. I mean, you need to work with what you have & enjoy doing it or there is no point playing at all. But, dont knock what works (Claude in this case) til you try it... LOL

It'SaBiRd likes this.
  11. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

If they ever put a master version of him as something other than the 3rd event bird that might actually happen (because those might as well be fictional for as often as I acquire them), but even if I do get my hands on one that's actually worth sinking resources into, he's basically never making the main roster at this point for the same reason that nothing else is really going to - any changes I make at this stage in the process would be lateral moves.

12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

sure, use what you have... nothing wrong with that at all.

13. tobis gmail

tobis gmail Super Cool Bird

I regularly use Gylfi (both evos), birdstiano, GFF and LP. you might want to check out some youtube videos to understand why.
    Coming to think of it, 4 birds is the largest number of useful birds for me, of any color (outside of their designated events, I only use 2 red - Claude and beast, 2 blacks - Carson and Dr. P, 3 whites - matilda, HG and DS, and 3 yellow - QB, chuck and lucy).
    So no, blue birds are definitely not useless. this game is about strategy and resource management, not brute force.

A. Wolf likes this.
  14. ELLY

ELLY Super Cool Bird

Blue birds I use often
    MPDC - Angromedon, Thrash, Murphy
    WHEN NEEDED - Birdstiano, Thrash, Gylfi
    EVENT - Frost, Lil Pecker
    Still, I want more birdstiano,gylfi,pecker and frost. Lol.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  15. Lars

Lars Tiny Birdy

And like the others said, don't forget Gylfi. His CC is also very powerful and since I hatched him, I ues him very often.

16. Rccurr

Rccurr Hatchling

Glad to see Gylfi getting some love. Lightning Parade is like a combination of L’il Pecker and Dedsw1n3. I have found myself using him more than L’il Pecker in events recently, and L’il Pecker is an awesome event bird. Frost is the only one that is useful in both events and arena.

17. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Motherflocker

Blue birds were underdog until Grandfather Frost showed up early 2018 during the Russian Orthodox Xmas event. I could not care about GF back then because I have no blue bird and couldn't care. That was a regret and I could not get GF until it showed up again months later.

Now GF is even in my arena team. Pecker comes in if necessary. Not so much in the current NERFED event format.

18. Wickedeyes

Wickedeyes Hatchling

Just depends on what lil pecker evo you use. One ( im bad with the names but looks like mr t) never fails and is a blessing in events. The other does say chance and this was the attent to his evo not to work everytime. Its not just blues that have a weaker link all the colors do. I find that i prefer the white or black event more because obstacles dont get in the way most times. But there are the yellow scoccer bird and Belinda that can go through obstacles so they help when others fail. Its a matter of the events or layouts you have that play a big factor. Also game play and strategies.

19. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Quick answer. Yes bluebirds suck except GF and Lil Pecker
    Same goes with red birds except Claude, beast and Santa to some extent
    Black birds are the best for new users but for mei only use them for specific events not weekly
    Yellow birds are good but really only chuck and QB
    White birds are ok but really only Matilda and hot grease

So bottom line: blue birds are as good as the other colors depending on the event and more important how you use them

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  20. It'SaBiRd

It'SaBiRd Super Cool Bird

Please edit your post accordingly ;)

ELLY likes this.