1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else Blindsided by the Red AND Chuck event???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VeronicaVaughnV, Nov 6, 2017.

1. VeronicaVaughnV

VeronicaVaughnV Super Cool Bird

98B5497A-DADE-4A9C-A0D9-43F28BBD7EE3.png Wow Rovio, really? I have been waiting for the Red event specifically so that I can know to start saving every ticket for the Chuck event. Though no one knew exactly when the Chuck event would be, it was generally agreed upon that the Red event would come first... but putting Chuck as a second bird (like Black Metal Byron was in the Halloween Event) in this event has totally blindsided me, instead of having at least a couple weeks to prepare, I have less than two days AND Chuck won’t be the primary bird, so you have to get super lucky at least TWICE to get him (and if for some reason you actually want Bomb, you are almost certainly going to be disappointed as he will be the “Blue Annie” of this event). Is this event going to last a couple weeks like the Halloween one? I highly doubt it! Is anyone else blindsided and pissed by this change in the core bird events?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. CiprianS

CiprianS Super Cool Bird

Could be worst ... Chuck last one.
    Horrible is that the event is open only for 2 days.
    Good luck everyone !

3. VeronicaVaughnV

I like your optimism, it IS true that it could be worse were he last.... however my pessimistic brain is shouting that there is no way I can get him in 2 days if the drop rate is similar to how it’s been recently...
    I had four 10x tickets and 24 premium tickets saved up starting the Halloween event and I still didn’t get Black Metal Byron until a couple days before the event ended, I have no 10x tickets and about 3 premium tickets to start this event... so the odds of me getting Chuck in the few days of this event are ridiculously low...

swolfy and CiprianS like this.
  4. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Wait until they force you to have Geraldine, Cyril, thrash, and jac- something... before getting Carson

5. VeronicaVaughnV

Honestly I would love to have been forced to get one of the only two 5 star birds able to have a cool down of 1 on their SS.... I received over 10 Carsons (not sure exact number since I started selling them after I had 5) and I STILL have no Thrash... hopefully they will force Thrash upon me one of these days =)

swolfy likes this.
  6. CiprianS

CiprianS Super Cool Bird

God, man !!! Don't put such ideas in their minds.

7. CiprianS

CiprianS Super Cool Bird

Mea culpa !!
    The event will start in two days....how long is gonna be ? Who knows ...but not only two days.

8. mumupi

mumupi Hatchling

I have 25k gems, 25 silver tickets, and 3 10x tickets. What's the chance that I can get chuck after red?

9. i_dont_c4re

i_dont_c4re Hatchling

Man i am pretty sure you are gonna get even the bomb.

10. VeronicaVaughnV

Well your chances are far better than mine for sure!
    Really though it’s random luck, some people will get lucky and get him, most won’t... the odds that you will get him are certainly much better than most players, but there really is no way to predict who will get him with only 3 tickets and who will spend $100s of dollars and still won’t get him at all...

Renato likes this.
  11. VeronicaVaughnV

I had similar amounts of resources to this for Halloween event and even though it lasted weeks I never got Blue Annie.. problem is u could get 20 Reds (in theory) and never get Chuck...

swolfy and Renato like this.
  12. i_dont_c4re

i_dont_c4re Hatchling

Wow is it even a thing? So you unlock the chuck but i still can get the red over and over?

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Tiny Birdy

Doing such event is smart or cruel by Rovio. People will use real money to get chuck

Renato likes this.
  14. originbird

originbird Hatchling

Don't you think there will be an event only for Chuck in the near future?

15. jearb

jearb Hatchling

This could be an attempt to allow people to acquire core flock birds faster. If you are willing to spend the resources, in theory you could acquire 3 different 5 stars. You could get the same bird multiple times but it's up to the individual how to spend their resources.

It would be good to hear an official response as to if the next core flock event after the red event will be chuck to bomb to Matilda, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

16. VeronicaVaughnV

unfortunately it is true... I remember one guy in the Halloween event who got over 5 eddies (not sure if he ever got metal Byron)... worst part is the multiplier resets whenever you get ANY of the event birds so you could say get Red, then get multiplier up to 20x then get Red again, start over get multiplier up to 18x, get Red again and so on...

Wachaaa and swolfy like this.
  17. VeronicaVaughnV

While I love the optimism in thinking that Rovio is doing this event in this fashion “to allow people to acquire core flock birds faster” this is sadly not how Rovio works... This is a financial ploy that is absolutely going to net Rovio ALOT of money. Chuck is the most wanted bird in the whole game, some people are going to spend hundreds of dollars trying to get him. And spending isn’t even a guarantee to get him, there are going to be countless players who spend quite a bit of cash and still NOT get Chuck. It’s cruel, but financially it’s brilliant because the demand for Chuck is so high...

18. jearb

jearb Hatchling

A brilliantly cruel plan by a group of evil geniuses to separate players from their hundreds of hard earned dollars.

Or

A new format to get the core flock.

Time will tell.

19. VeronicaVaughnV

Well first I certainly wouldn’t call Rovio a group of evil geniuses due to the fact that a truly evil GENIUS would do things entirely different regarding just about every aspect of the game... The developers of this game are definitely not geniuses, nor are the customer service representatives, or marketing advisors... and honestly I suppose they are not purposefully evil or cruel, just so incredibly greedy that it feels like they are evil and cruel...
    But one thing I am SURE of is that this is not a benevolent and helpful new format Rovio is introducing to aide players in getting the core flock quickly. They don’t want players to get the core flock quickly, that would be terrible for business!

20. metztli013

metztli013 Super Cool Bird

The 3 bird thing is total nonsense, and completely unfair. Luckily, I have all of these birds and won't be hatching. But there's lots of people who want Chuck. Maybe they already have Red. But now, they are forced to hatch Red first and no guarantee that the next feature hatch will even be Chuck. Ugh. Just....nope. Enough with the shenanigans, Rovio!

Renato likes this.