1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I just had a horrible thought.. if that second leaked screen is right and Master QB gets 1000% Fringy gets 400% Lil Pecker 200% and the 75% category is small birds.. then normal QB is not getting ANY boost this event.. :confused::mad:

2. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Or worse, what if it's another Alien Invasion event!

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have this bad feeling about normal QBs also. I was hoping I can run my 2 QB, 2 Lil Pecker, and Miffy team. So much for that!!!!

4. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Tiny Birdy

This is a horrible..horrible road to go down if they match the claude fiasco.
    I got master claude by draining everything i had not nailed down. Out of gold , out of gems.

I suppose it will be my own fault cause theyll expect it to happen again.

5. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

I actually expect it. I'm pretty convinced this is the way the'll continue these events. Master QB will be third hatch, mark my words.

(Please let me be wrong... :()

Nyk and Redwing like this.
  6. pafiq

pafiq Hatchling

Exactly. You are right feffe. This way is going to continue. That's why in this Wednesday event I am not gonna hatch any birds. I have all mentioned above that supposed to be in event. All of them in each evolution. I don't use QB in normal pvp. Actually I don't use it in other tasks unless they made me to. I am not really that excited with QB master version to bleed myself out of any resources I have. Only master bird I am looking forward to is Chuck. Like someone mentioned earlier I believe, that if this event gonna have similar assumption as last one (one bird gets 1000% buff and is third in line to hatch) we will see more players leaving game. Our clan also lost 4 members after last week. We had look for new ones.

feffe likes this.
  7. Random Stranger

Random Stranger Hatchling

I'm out of everything after going all in for Master Claude (I didn't have a regular one yet). Got as far as L85 wave one of Event Island prior to this and just couldn't kill the pigs fast enough. On the last morning of the event I made one last run up EM and won 8 silvers. I was on a 20X by this stage having hatched the first two birds plus Dutch on 10X and 11X. Figured this was going to be another Master Carson and I'd be missing out again. Imagine my astonishment when I hatch first one Master Claude and then a second two silvers later from the same batch! Used my stored evo gear to level a Master Claude to P5 and SS6 and bingo won Master Red at the first attempt with Claude in the line up. Didn't spend a penny on the event not the few prior. What I'm trying to say is people are asking for (1) Master Birds as a skill challenge - i. e. Complete Event Island to show prowess at Danger Levels, (2) To add even more challenge because for the best players the event can actually be done real quick, hence add 5 levels and a second Master Bird and (3) Newer players feeling excluded because they can't get a sniff of a Master Bird or even get to L80 (for example) or gold rune keys, hence the third hatching bird being a Master. Seems to me that Rovio has actually covered all the requests with this format even if it's not perfect.
    The only thing I believe is missing is an event based around endless waves of piggies like MPDC used to be. Now that is a true test of skill and flock strength and diversity.
    As for this event, I have no tickets left, would have loved my first Fringy and Lil Pecker and the odds are stacked against me. But I'm actually really happy because I went all in and won on the last event. As the old blessing says. .. 'May all your dreams but one come true'... So you still have something to play for. Just my tuppence worth

8. Epic Buttstomp

For myself I have about 50 silver tickets, no gold ticket, and nothing in the Inbox. Do I feel lucky? Not sure. I have hatched Bomb on 2nd ticket in the 1st Bomb event more than 1 year ago. I will decide when I see the final boost values and whether regular QB gets anything. I got level 85 done last week without using Master Claude, maybe I can do that this week also. I want to stock up without spending $$.

For my son Hog Wild he may go for the hatch. Kid has 70+ silver tickets in hatching hut, 22 in Inbox and 10 gold ticket. For the minimum he should burn up the silver tickets and couple of gold. Some cleanup of his grand ticket collection.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I completely understand where you are coming from. However, I also respectfully disagree. The point of master birds was to provide a reward and (minor) content update for those long time players who were getting bored with the game. The Master birds were meant to be an elite status symbol showing that someone had enough skill and strong birds to complete the events nightmare stages. By making the Master birds a hatching reward, Rovio ruined the entire aspect of Master birds. As a long time players, I no longer have the desire to collect them because anyone can own them, and I'm not going to pay to be "the best".

Any decent game provides tiered rewards ensuring that the highest level players get the best items and gear. Rovio essentially just made the nightmare stages Pay-To-Win and cheapened the game further. I sat at level 72 during the Red Event and just didn't finish it because of this. Whats the point? Master Red sucks and although I've never hatched Claude, I need a lil pecker far more than I need a Claude. I could have gone to 75 for the 17 extra totems, but I just didn't care at that point.

P.S. dont even get me started on Runes.

Redwing, feffe and Mr. Anderson like this.
  10. Stevie2k

Stevie2k Hatchling

As I am relative new I am quite happy to have the opportunity to hatch lil pecker... I do not see any use in fringy and qb but I only know these two by reading and not by testing...

Nyk likes this.
  11. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

I'd rather the masters only be rewarded through successful completion of the event levels. Does this mean everyone will be able to obtain them, well of course not, but that's kinda the point of it being called "master", i.e. only obtained after mastering the challenge. Putting them in the hatch hut makes them a bit more obtainable by all, but given the luck it takes to get one it's certainly not a guarantee. Don't think for a second though that them allowing certain ones to be hatched is in the players favor, alas that is nothing more than attempt to generate more revenue. Either way they are just birds in the inventory that ultimately will just get sold off when I retire.

Buds, Redwing, feffe and 6 others like this.
  12. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Well then... it seems this went almost exactly as Rovio hoped it would. Testing this concept on a desired bird (Claude) before doing it on an even more desirable bird (QB). MANY players depleted all or most of their saved Gold & Silver tickets this week & im sure a good clip spent $$ as well. Now they will need to spend even more $$ this week to get QB.

I foresaw this scenario the second & saw it was a master Claude in 3rd hatch position last week. Its a clear & shrewd $$ grab after getting us used to other ways of doing things. I am also pretty sure this is why they have been making the events longer & harder. It forces the average player to hatch the master in order to complete the 85th level. Feeding into gamer's need to "complete" or "collect". They dont care about pissing off or loosing those of us who are near top tier as we typically dont need to spend $$ in order to compete or complete. So loosing 5-10% of established players really means nothing to them as long as $$ keeps coming in...

Redwing, feffe, PappaDale and 2 others like this.
  13. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

I may just shoot for the second lil Pecker this round and forego the master QB if that is how it works out. Don't really use the two regular ones I have now with any regularity, have two Fringy already as well and they come off the bench even less than QB does. At this point just filling the last few holes in the collection.

Nyk likes this.
  14. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

During the last event I had two prestiged Red's, and two prestiged Ricky's, all four evos total. I couldnt justify burning all my tickets and goldens just for claude, a free non-event bird. I too will be foregoing Master QB out of spite for Rovios new policy. The master birds are nice to have, but they don't really do much outside of the events (and even then are only useful if boosted) unless you're battling an arena team of 5 Masters at P10 SS10. Only Master I did wish that I had hatched was M Lil Pecker and that's only cause his personality goes with the shininess afforded master birds.

Yep, it's so easy to see the moment Rovio changes something how it's going to affect player spending. I think most here on the forums called it. I just wish we had more players here on the forums to help boycott this change.

Redwing likes this.
  15. Epic Buttstomp

I remember we elders in the clan explicitly mentioned certain event birds are garbage and nobody other very new players should spend silver tickets on them. And yet someone in the clan bound to dump everything and then some to hatch them.

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Last event I had a problem because I did not want or need red

17. Slyguysmiley

Slyguysmiley Tiny Birdy

Only bird I want is a master Claude. I easily crushed the red event to get the master red. Sadly couldn’t hatch Claude though. If there was 85 levels I would have easily beaten them. Kinda sad really

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

there was 85 levels...

19. Stevie2k

Stevie2k Hatchling

...but not to get a master claude...

20. Clown Von Shoes

Clown Von Shoes Tiny Birdy

Nailed it! I’ve got one prestige bird Fringy and that it. Going to to high as I can with my normal team and auto play from there. Hatch a little pecker and I’m done with this BS week if not the game.