1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

As far as we know. They announced it in the patch notes as a #throwback tour with Fringy, QB & Lil Pecker and a mystery Master. The exact date is still unknown.

2. Platty

Platty Tiny Birdy

Thanks. I feel that the silver ticket drop rate from giant pig is higher this week. Normally I got only one or two silver everyday, now I can get 3 or 4.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have all 3. Just wonder what kind of boost % are we going to see. Also are we going to see Master QB or Master Miffy?

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

my guess is master Fringy in event with Master QB as 3rd hatch like Claude this week.

5. Epic Buttstomp

If hatching is required then I am essentially screwed. Low on silver and no gold ticket.

Random Stranger likes this.
  6. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'd be pissed, but only because that would mean Pecker was second and I have enough tickets to hatch master claude this week and pecker next week.

feffe likes this.
  7. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

They really need to get into the spirit of giving. These last events, particularly the Red Extraction (where many players didn't get a master bird), are starting to burn everyone out. I found myself looking at my resources and getting pissed off that, for the length of time i've been playing, I'm no better off than someone who started playing yesterday. Little to no sense of accomplishment to be found in the game right now.

8. Tigerangels42038

9. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

Already told my clan to take the rumored next event news with a grain of salt. Only thing we can fairly well be certain of, and that's because it was in the patch notes, is that we'll see fringy, QB, and pecker. Their order, who the masters are, boosts and pretty much anything else is subject to change, especially since they are on to the ones leaking the information. And given past experience of 4 events per update, this one being the fourth, we should see an update sometime this week. Either way, prepped and ready, already have two of fringy and QB at high levels, a second lil p would be nice for collection purposes, but not a show stopper if it doesn't happen.

10. Epic Buttstomp

The Russian blog has an updated (?) pic of next event. Hatch order: Miffy, Lil Pecker, Master QB.
    I have 2 QBs, 1 Miffy, 1 Lil Pecker, and 1 Master Pecker already and probably no more than 50 silver tickets by the event start. Try if I must but I doubt I will see Master QB without consulting my credit card. I really don't feel like using the plastic for this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kevin5

Kevin5 Hatchling

As a newer player with none of these birds I am pumped for this event. Can’t wait to unleash my silver tix stack on Wednesday.

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Looks like they found their latest cash grab. Offer the master bird as number 3 and boost it 1000% so that people pay to win the nightmare levels. What a way to cheapen the game even further.

Redwing, David Nicholson and feffe like this.
  13. Milan Petrovic

Milan Petrovic Hatchling

Exactly. During this Red event I got first red bird after burning through 85 tickets (2 gold + 65 silver), and I tried to get the second one until the end of the event, and I burned another 70 tickets and nothing, so I only got another copy of Red during 5 days event and 135 silver + 2 gold tickets. The previous event was also terrible, with 120 tickets for the first bird! Not to mention that with my set of birds (and I think is a very decent selection with over 20 5-star birds on at least +4 Prestige level), I only managed to reach level 81 this week, because it seems it was made to depend on getting Master Claude and his 1000% bonus and having a very specific set of birds.

And over the past 3 months, they have slashed the rewards in all events, taking almost all the fun out of playing the game, making us count each gem and calculating every little decision on which bird to evolve because it is impossible to accumulate things you need. I get that they depend on players spending money, but some balance must exist, or you will drive out a lot of players. This week's event is the last chance I will give the game, and if once again the gamble to get the birds, or reach the master bird gets impossible, I simply don't plan to get stressed out with the game that supposed to help me relax. There are plenty of other games to try.

14. feffe

feffe Tiny Birdy

Yeah, really dislike it. I thought I planned ahead and added more prestige totems and ss totems to the only QB I have to prepare for this event. Don't have Fringy or Pecker. Was hoping I could manage with QB/Master Carson/red as boosted birds. Sucks.
    Still going after Pecker in hatching though, really really want him! But since I went broke by hatching Master Carson and my recent bad luck in hatching, I suspect even 3 gold and 67 silvers won't even get my Fringy...

David Nicholson likes this.
  15. Epic Buttstomp

With the amount of event tokens they are handing out in those lvl 51 and up, it is a matter of time before they bump the personal event requirement to 30K or higher. Then clan requirement will be 2 times of current amount. That will push people (especially the newbies) to hatch more so the powerful birds can help them up there.

It all depends on the level layouts again. Obstacle courses will mess up QB and other yellow birds big time. Miffy has a narrow beam that shoots 3 times for Adorable Crossfire evo and boost to rainbow team, not that versatile for a white bird. The +75% boost is for small birds (eg. Miffy and Lil Pecker). Bette maybe come in handy if you need a 2nd move SS. Cyril also qualifies but Cyril will be screwed if obstacle courses are in place, more screwed than the 3 birds QB SS.

The key here is knowing when to stop hatching and/or paying $$ to Rovio. You can't have it all without breaking the bank and that happens to be what Rovio want us to do.

David Nicholson likes this.
  16. Tigerangels42038

If QB really is the Master this event, even if he is 3rd hatch, im happy. Claude & QB were the 2 i wanted Master versions of the most so if i get Master QB i will count this as xmas come early for me :D
    However i do get where players are coming from about it being a cash grab and they are draining all the fun out of the game, i lost another elder to that exact problem

They possibly might not bump up the requirements, they might just up the level difficulty. That way players will score less since they keep failing the levels and using up their energy.

17. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I see them bumping up the requirements soon too. Our clan got the golden on day 2. I was so shocked I had to go see if we were in the top 25 clans. Imagine my surprise when I realized we were only in the top 200.

I agree with you to a point, but I don't think I should be forced to skip an entire event because I have to chose between one bird or the next. As a long time player, I feel that my loyalty should be rewarded. I'm not asking for a free bird, but I should be able to at least earn it with hard work and tenacity. I thought the level 80 master bird was a fantastic game model. But with this recent change, the master birds are just pay-to-play.

I didn't bother finishing the red event. Not because I couldn't, but because it wasn't fun. I filled my ticket coffers further, and managed to earn 45k gold. But that wasn't fun, it was just something I had to do for the NEXT event.

feffe likes this.
  18. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio can release in the news section in game to give us the dates and contents of upcoming events. That will let people plan, stock up evo materials and lesser birds of certain colors, and decide which event they want to use the credit card on because those birds are more important to them. Nope, unless player is in this forum or know about the Russian blog; you will have no info until few hours before.

19. Epic Buttstomp

On that Russian blog there was this image this morning. I suspect the 1000% Master QB is probably the proper one based on the current trend.

[​IMG]

20. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

There have been several different ones reflected on Flockers, imagine Rovio is changing it up periodically to throw the Russian crew off and likely whittle down who they intend to ban next. I don't ever trust the screenshots fully either way, too easy for it to be shifted. I will say this though, if they intend to keep the 2nd line as is, it would be different than the Carson event where the master from the hatchery got a more significant boost than the other two. Regardless come Wednesday morning we'll know for sure.