1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Hopefully they don't find the individual who is leaking that info and make him stop. It's a huge reward for us dedicated players to find an inside source that gives us at least a tiny bit of info, something the company should be doing themselves. Screwing with the leaker shouldn't be their issue. Finding out why so many people are pissed and realizing that players just want a little game info for the events beforehand.

Though I will say, finding out the event beforehand helps us save materials. If I'm not gonna spend money during an event, preventing me from saving for the appropriate event is sure not gonna make me spend money either.

2. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I don't think they know who it is. What I did get from that, is that they might do last minute changes to the events, like run them out of sequence to what the testers test them in. Even just 2 events would be enough to shake facebook follower confidence.

What is puzzling, is that Rovio was likely aware of the leaking, but did nothing about it. Something about this particular leak seems to have put a fly in their ointment. This makes me wonder if they were planning on going ahead with watering down bird event prizes as well.

3. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

The people behind the Russian blog will continue. Rovio could have done it the nice way and give people heads-up in FB and in game news about what are coming. If they loosen the flow of gems and silver tickets then people will care less about crappy events as well.

Redwing likes this.
  4. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio knows a lot of things but choose to ignore most especially if those "highly involved players" are buying things with $$. It won't work too well for the business if they ban those big $$ spenders. Rovio may have to change their plans if that mob stop spending $$. Rovio probably will have bandaid solutions for the obvious hacks and exploits.

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rovio was selling PTR access to Russian gamers. They wouldn't be the first company to have cottoned on to the fact that early access can be marketed and sold as exclusivity. Particularly in a market where players are used to bugged releases, hacks and cracks.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Rovio have known for a while that we want advance information on events, they even hyped having advance knowledge on one of the patch notes a while back... turns out it was just those stupid little purple boxes you get around birds a couple of days before event... but still.. it showed they knew what we really wanted, they just werent interested in actually providing it. I suspect the reason they havent done anything about the leak of information is because it (until now) suits them, we get to have a rough idea of whats coming up and they dont get pinned down and can radically change it last minute without us baying for their blood, since it comes from an unofficial source. I agree with Redwing though.. something about us knowing about this one in particular has got under their skin, to a point where in a rare occurance they decided to actually post some info to us.

Redwing likes this.
  7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

20181012_131801.jpg

Latest Intel from the Russians. Hopefully Rovio keeps the gem count from this reward menu...

8. Epic Buttstomp

I saw that on the Russian blog too. We will find out next week how much truth is in this post.

9. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Really hope they buff the rewards as the lackluster rewards for these boring events are what caused me to take my break from this game. So buffing the rewards might make me return since there will be good rewards for good effort.

If they don’t then I’ll probably return around Mid-November for the cold turkey event. (You’ll understand why later)

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Is that not a shot from the older version of event?

11. Epic Buttstomp

That is what the Russian bloggers are implying too. Rovio don't like to go back to previous ways. With the recent warnings from Rovio about leakers I suspect the next event will be anything but Dr Probotnik.

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

They haven't done a Dr. P event using event island. It's been Xeno and Angromedon.

13. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I wonder what the Master bird would be this time. Master Probotnik? Master Xenoflocker? Master Angromedon?

14. Epic Buttstomp

15. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Master Gertrude is most likely. #BaitAndSwitch

16. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Perhaps at this rate.

17. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Does anyone know what boosts are for the next event? I have nothing to do for this event at this point so I may as well start preparing myself now.

18. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

Should be birds from previous event, as it Always was. So i guess 100, 150 150 buff for carson

19. Epic Buttstomp

In my clan, we see the extra scout dies. Clan egg and arena bonus are dying too. You can't stay rich in gems forever. Low gems payout is hurting everyone. I doubt too many want to pay $$ to Rovio for packages either. They need to give us something nice if they want our $$.

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Our clan doesn't even activate the scout perk. It's useless now except for Gold day. I've stopped buying all packages except the eagle card. Everytime it comes up for renewal, I pause for at least a minute deciding if I'm going to renew it or not. Sometimes I skip a few days if I'm angry with Rovio before I renew it, and even then, it's only cause I am in a better mood due to an event or something they gave me that I wanted.