1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

If they want buffer they need to bring back old school Beach Brawl and Pirate Event.

2. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Those events seem to be well and truly gone. I haven't seen either in my time playing the game. Having said that, all the assets should still be in the code, so it they could rework them to fit the current game if they ever figure out that variety is a good thing.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Im 99% sure its gonna be 80 levels again. BUT, you dont have to go past 50 you know, thats all up to you...

Also, i finished 80 last week without lil pisser & only died 2x. So, a 400% buff is not really needed if you have a few others & play smart.

4. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I agree that the core birds should not become master level yet, but I don't see anyway around it. It could be (thinking positive here) that this was Rovio way of rewarding long time players. Think about it, having 3-4 matildas means you've been playing for at least a year, or close to it. Same with the rest. There's some who are luckier than others and got duplicate hatches during an event, but most are not.

Also, theres really no way to EVENTUALLY role out the master core birds. It just needs to happen so why not now. Besides, for older players, you likely don't need to spend so many resources since you probably have a bunch of core flock birds anyway.

As for why the extended format....because it's fun. They didn't add any new real content, but the challenge is a huge improvement over the loss of the old MPDC waves. And also, it gives you a ton of evolution xp and if you sell the totems, it makes for WAYYY more gold. I got 26k gold just from the event, not including dungeons or bird sales.

5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

What was your team? I couldn't beat stage 77 with a fully boosted team. Lil Pecker would have been super nice.

6. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

It's definitely :)80 levels Screenshot_20180924-175749__01.jpg

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Screenshot_20180925-012635_AB Evolution.jpg
    I figured out why they cut the arena battle limit. Monday Madness... quite accurately titled.

8. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Personally, I think it just makes more sense from the context of keeping interest high. People have already experienced how hardcore you need to go to get one totally new bird. So with resources depleted coupled with arena changes, it takes a lot of the shine off these events, particularly for newer players who already picked any other bird than Matilda. They could have left core flock for another few events down the track and given players time to get a little impatient for content that was obviously coming.

Yes, but each of those prizes is a one off. And I get at least that much gold just being disciplined on the weekend. Problem with continous 80 level events is they take time away from other areas of the game you really need to grind (unless you're somebody with no life and have the time to do it all). Also, as I replied to Onyxcv, this extended format still has a novelty factor. Too much, too soon and the novelty factor wears off very quickly. Which then means unhappy player base goes back to griping about everything wrong woth the game.

It's Tuesday in my part of the world, so Chuck is bringing the deal today. Ironically, it's still called Monday Madness, even though Red made me the same offer yesterday, when it was still Monday.
    Edit: Chuck is offering SS totems. Deal is still called Monday Madness, though.
    Well, that's one way to make the novelty wear off very quickly. I remember when they started running continous scout events, event-fatigue from back-to-back events was being discussed here. Seems Rovio just doesn't understand 'moderation' or 'too much of a good thing' outside of cutting rewards and things we need to progress to drive sales...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  9. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Nyk ~
    I had Wide QB P10, Strong QB P7, Frost P10, Matilda P10 & Bomb P5.
    One of my losses was in the late 60's before they fixed the QB buff. Then once on 77 I think?
    The really screwed up thing for my clan was that several people had totally different layouts on the same levels. One guy had the X rocks for 78-80 & could never beat 80. I did not have that X at all for the last 3. Another had totally different Pigs in the last 2 waves than i did... It is not cool that Rovio made it so random (i am assuming each server had a different layout).

I actually had a harder time with the 2 level 12's in MPDC last week than i did in event. It was fun experimenting with some birds I never use to get past some difficulties. I eventually found Santa really good in one. Ricky & Alien helped in the other.

10. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Im not sure thats to replace what we are losing from arena, i bought that deal in 1 of my nephews acc (he had drained all his evo mats in event) and after Reds deal there is a Chuck one thats 10 SS totems & 2100 gold for 500 gems, which is a bit weird since we get SS totems in MPDC. I dont know if there is another deal after that 1, if anyone buys it let us know.

11. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Has your Chuck deal still got the 'Monday Madness" title? You'd think Rovio would have put a little more effort into either finding names for each day, or come up with a generic name to cover the whole week :D

Edit: Update has occurred and the new XP system is in. It looks like XP is a little less than old extra XP days. One Rage totem will get a L1 4* to L17. Under the old system, a Rage totem would have pushed it to L20 if it was the right colour day. However, it's still more than if you tried to use a Rage totem on an a bird's off-colour days. From memory, that was a boost to L14.

And Chuck is still bringing the Monday Madness :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  12. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Yeah its still titled monday madness lol, apparently if you buy the chuck deal (10 ss totems 2k gold) it then goes on to bomb (still monday madness) with a deal of prestige totems & 7k gold for 1k gems, there is no deal after that.

13. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Well, there you go, Monday must last for 3 days in Finland. Well, I guess they don't call it the land of the midnight sun for nothing. Though this time of year, that should have passed and the days getting shorter ;)

As for that Bomb 'Mad Monday' deal, I don't think Rovio realises just what has happened with inflation, now that the gem economy has been crippled. 1000 gems is insanely expensive. And more prestige totems :rolleyes: Between events, MPDC clan rewards and Arena, coupled with 30 max and evo mat shortages, I've been selling my surplus prestige trophies.

14. Epic Buttstomp

The Monday Madness 300 gems for 1250 evo materials of each color is worth it for long time players. You save 30 dungeon trips! 30 dungeon trips takes 300 dungeon keys, not easily done even in the old arena refresh system.

15. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

I had to re-attempt a couple of the later stages a few times, and the layout on those levels changed sometimes from one attempt to another.

16. Epic Buttstomp

1 member who was one of the founding member of the clan couldn't get past 1st wave in lvl 80 for couple days due to that little killer pig hidden behind a big pig and wooden fence. He keep dying after his 2nd move. I think he had to bring in Chuck with smart bomb to somehow disrupt the pattern enough to get by.

My son said he has to brought in Bette for some of those levels when he was playing for mom. He himself (2 QB, Lil Pecker, Zain, Bomb) nearly rage quit few times before he got it done.

Hardest thing about those levels is you need to come out of your comfort zone with your dream flock. You need to change few things around to make a specialized flock to deal with that mess. What work for others may not work for you deal to the randomness in level layout.

17. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Doesn't help when some of those levels are bugged to begin with. Going back to the 'X' shaped rocks, yep, I get that the design is supposed to make it harder for Red, Blue and Yellow birds to get easy, multiple kills on the pigs. However, I don't think pig spawning into the rock and gaining total invulnerability to those birds and negating effects like Matilda's is intentional. Players really need to report those kind of levels, and hopefully Rovio might fix them or put them out of the rotation.

18. Epic Buttstomp

Problem is you won't get a quick fix unless someone get to those levels on Wednesday. Otherwise bring couple of black birds to deal with it.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Hmmm, no one i talked to had this at all.
    The varying levels from 1 player to the next is just not ok. I know all the players i talked to had the same level each entry (even 10x in a row) & not the same as others... makes it impossible to know if glitches are happening or how to give advice...

20. Epic Buttstomp

Sounds like a page from Angry Birds 2. General settings the same but layout of structures are different. Difficulty can go from simple to nearly impossible, doesn't help when you have weak birds on hand against stone.