1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Event birds you can only get them when the event is on. You could end up spending a lot and not getting them if they are 2nd or 3rd bird. Few of the regular 5-stars are sort of rare. It took me more than 12 months to get Steve and Dutch.

In the same time anyone can easily build an army or all Carson or all Zain.

Meanwhile the silence from Rovio on FB is deafening after the event rewards NERFing.

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Nyk ~ Not totally inaccurate, but dont discount the heath boost you get from a 5* bird. If there were 5*'s then yes, they would be the best Black Birds even without more power but not by a lot. It is really a situational preference & somewhat determined by who else you have available. They are clearly very good options to get you through early & mid game.

I used 1 of each for my first 3 months til I got 2 Chucks & a QB. Then i used my Eddie as my first shot bird. I ultimately found the health boost worth sacrificing the better AOE that either one provided.
    You really have to have a 5* worth replacing one with... I would never buff & plan use a Geraldine, Red, Terrence, Thrash, Murphy, Billy, Cyril etc.. over a Zain or Carson since they would ONLY ever live in my dungeon team as soon as i got a better option. BUT, thats just me, I'm sure there are a lot of differing opinions on team building.

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

I tend to agree. I find when you get the 3 pig match in arena, the longer duration gives a full prestige 5 star team just that little bit more of an edge. I've been beaten a few times because they had a whisker of health left. Really annoying when there's a powerup or two left on the board, too.

I suppose the big thing to consider that's a little different to what the old timers around here say, is consider the tag boosts if you don't have a perfect set of birds. For me, most of my current team are all Special Forces tagged birds. So while I'm slowly levelling Claude, it makes more sense for me to stick Xenoflocker in the leader's spot for that extra boost. What makes this a bit different is that I'm running a couple of birds that are less optimal for arena than yellow or white ones.

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yeah, many different ways now days to do things with the clan health drop making arena so much easier that it used to be.
    My priority will ALWAYS be to finish in a few shots as possible. Thus, I stick with my tried & true power hitters with Claude to boost my heath. But, ultimately you get who you get & play who you like...

5. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Still, it seems no matter what new features they bring in, you can't go wrong with Claude, Chuck and Matida on the team ;)

A. Wolf likes this.
  6. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

7. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

Next event

Attached Files:

8. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Finally something worth spending tickets on.

Melchid likes this.
  9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

So hatch order will be QB, Pecker, GF (I assume GF was the most popular) :rolleyes:
    Not that I'm really complaining QB or Frosty would be a good addition to the team.

10. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

And Lil’ Pecker is in there cause newer players who wanted him couldn’t spend gems to catch up to the top 10.

Redwing likes this.
  11. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Is Lil Pecker any good?

12. Epic Buttstomp

I have 200 silver + 10 gold.

Found this from the Russian blog someone gave us the link few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

13. Epic Buttstomp

Wait a second!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Alien Abduction" just showed up inside the game. Prediction is right after all. Time to bash Rovio in FB again

14. CiprianS

CiprianS Super Cool Bird

well, looks like is not the next event. Next event will be full of aliens (wasted time)

15. Epic Buttstomp

After new update 1.23, the changed it back to "Most Wanted Birds".

16. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

We're on different timers. My game still shows no event. Hey, maybe Rovio is going to do events the same way they do rewards testing ;)

17. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

Mine shows frost event, useless anyway for me,not using him at all. Just stacking up gold tickets again

Attached Files:

18. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

It's gonna be 80 level event, 5 days (also gem rewards should be back)

Also, next event Matilda

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  19. Epic Buttstomp

80 levels!!! That will get messy. It also depends whether they space out the difficulty. They better bring back the gems reward like before or even more. I can just see the pay XX gems to continue.

I have 1 QB from last time. Couldn't get Frost last Xmas nor did I call about blue birds back then. Everything these days are collector items for me as my flock building is done.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  20. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Wow. There's actually a rare 5* bird as a reward for completing the highest level...? Interesting change in attitude by Rovio. That said, I'm sure L80 won't be very easy for even the highest levelled teams to get to.