1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Me, you, and others who have FB accounts need to spam Rovio's ABE FB page as soon as they put Bomb event on there. They need to give us some firm dates.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Just to be complete outrageous in the hatching hut, went deep to lvl 62 in Eagle Mountain tonight and got 20+ silver tickets. I have 167 silver and 12 gold in there, good enough for 57x. I just need GF Frost, lets get 2 of him. Another QB.

3. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

Not them, the +75% (like black birds for this bomb event). My team so far for the event is:

+200% = Xenoflocker
    +100% = Terrance, Matilda
    + 75% = ?

Which isn't much change in line up for the bomb event, apart from Terrance and Matilda being +200%, Lady Bacon +150%, Xenoflocker and Carson +75% (Carson is probably a little more with Xeno's Special Forces Boost).

4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

youll be fine i think... the actual boost inst quite as important as playing the last few floors smartly

Redwing likes this.
  5. Epic Buttstomp

Unless there are force fields or the un-openable gates of last time, your regular main flock usually will take you most ways. If I have to face multiple bosses in the final levels I usually swap in Dr Probotnik (mind control) and Bomb (thunderdome) to keep them in control under I can kill them off.

6. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Pretty much - exceeding the power rating of the final floors is nice if you have the ability to swap your team around to get those numbers, but you definitely don't need to go crazy and blow through all your resources leveling up birds you aren't really going to use afterwards (until the next event where they feature rolls around at least), you can finish the last few stages with an overall team power quite a bit lower than what the game recommends.

7. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I just finished the last floor with a team power of 83k. My mom beat the chuck event with only 60k. It took her a few tries, but she finally got it. The final levels are more about strategy than anything. Using birds like bombs thunderdome or Dr. P mind control to prevent birds from attacking allows players to focus on eliminating birds prior to them attacking. A boss piggie that kills you in one shot can be prolonged from attacking using some of these guys. Others like Cenk and Claude help with healing.

I have to admit, I appreciate that with the new event format, beating the final levels actually presents a skills challenge that was eliminated with the MPDC update. I don't need 120k bird power to beat the final levels, but the closer I get the easier it is.

8. Epic Buttstomp

You can beat those levels with a lesser team with lower numbers, you just need to have the right birds. This can get complicated if those birds have force fields that only certain color can damage them.
    For me I have Bomb (thunderdome), Chuck, Dr P (mindcontrol), Chuck, Matilda.
    My son used: Bomb (thunderdome), Chuck, Zain (P6), Chuck, Matilda. That Zain killed those bosses in 1 shot.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Is Zain a powerful black bird? I've heard he's good but never heard his damage stats.

10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

He is by far the strongest 4* black

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

He and Carson are both very good 4* birds (probably 2 of the 3 best 4*). Its just a trade off of power vs aoe size with them.

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Who is stronger than them 5*-wise? I have Dutch, bomb, Dr. P, and a few others but only bomb is leveled above 20 (currently P5)

13. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Cenk, Xeno, and Dutch are better if you can use them right.

Melchid likes this.
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think Dutch is the strongest? I have somehow never gotten him...

15. Epic Buttstomp

Carson (Black 4-stars) with Huge Most Pit can kill all small pigs 1 shot in PvP / Arena, especially from the back.
    Zain (Black 4-stars) with Insane Crit bomb (plague mask) is good for round winning kill of even the toughest boss pigs. The area of effect is smaller.
    Dr Probotnik (Black 5-stars) with Mind Control. Handy to keep 1 boss pig under control in event and old 10 levels MPDC. Careful use of Bomb w thunderdome and Dr P can keep event boss pigs under control until you can kill them off.

Given Carson and Zain are 4-stars, they are much easier to come by for the new players. I don't think Dutch and others are as good.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Byron sucks, i do know that... lol

RemixFTW likes this.
  17. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

I don't have the stats, but isn't Eddie the Bird up there in strength as well?? Even if he doesn't show he will KO pigs, they don't always come back from the black hole...

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Yes, its good but its a tiny aoe & he has not been available since Dec

19. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Eddie is hard to quantify because at least one of his evolutions doesn't actually list damage #s in the skill description. In terms of raw damage output (and disregarding things like Zain's boosted crit damage #s), Dutch is the strongest, and his wide version shares the largest non-Carson AoE, but he's also the only one that has a 3SS timer.

Byron is actually one of the stronger Black birds in terms of damage, and his wide version(s, because Black Metal Byron is essentially the same character in a different set of costumes) is the same as Dutch's AoE - the reason he's subpar is the upgrading power ups aspect of his super shot. If doing that only meant delaying collecting stuff by a turn it wouldn't be as bad, but upgrading clan power ups makes your opponent able to collect them as well, which makes him real bad. Doing more damage than Bomb, Dr. Probotnik, or Cenk (while having a better AoE than all of those) ultimately doesn't matter when weighed against that aspect of his super shot.

20. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Maybe it's just me, but it appears that in regard to black birds, two 4* birds (aside from health) are better than most/all 5* black birds. It also seems that until total health amount begins to matter in the arena (17k+?) The black 4* birds (Carson and Zain) are the best choice for nearly all players due to their accessibility and relative "cheapness" to upgrade. Does that's sound accurate?

Epic Buttstomp likes this.