1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I think we all have been waiting on it for a long time, i dont think anyone would disagree that it would be a great addition for us. However we will probably still have a good bit of time to wait, its a small function and with the games flaws and constant updates needing done the development team have probably got it quite far down their list of priorities.

Completely agree with everything Gildan said about PvP. Ill also add that asking new players to try and level up birds for that weeks event plus that weeks PvP rules would be way too much, unless they had the rule set to use whichever catagory has the 75% boost in that weeks event. That way new players still only have to focus on levelling up one set of birds plus get a helping hand from the events bird rewards. Also they cant make arena *play this weeks rules or you dont play* because new players might not have 5 (whatever colour or catagory that week is) birds and would need to field feeder birds to make up their team just so they could play, which would cause them to get crushed by the trophy matching system since newer players can have the same amount of trophies as me, but will have an incomplete team and if the AI chose my team for them to play against, they would have no chance of winning.

2. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

They can always have 2 leagues: 1 for those who follow the rules and the other one for the other flocks. You can start with the no-rule flock but once you decide to join the rule abiding arena you cannot come back.

With the current boring rule (no-rule), I just play enough to get the dungeon keys I need.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  3. Tigerangels42038

That just sounds like a waste of server space to me, the game already has server issues, adding a whole new tiered league with its own special rules (that some players are never even going to bother with) doesnt make sense imo

Cowboysfan and Skit like this.
  4. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

I totally agree and I was going to write the same.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Looks like the next event 15-20 August will be Red Evacuation. Believe it or not, but I do not have Red. Only want it for the collection, but will never use it.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  6. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Don’t need him. He was my first 5*.

7. Epic Buttstomp

Time to stock up on other resources then. I have 2 Red, both evo. They serve their purposes at time but not main member of my teams.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  8. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Core Flock events are opportunities to stock up on golden tickets for me, since I have 2 or more of all of them at this point. Knowing my luck I'll probably hatch another Red just from spending silver tickets to stay under the resource cap, but that's not really a bad thing: 5-star birds you don't need are worth more XP than a prestige totem nets you.

Even if you never plan on using him in regular gameplay though, it's helpful to have Red around given the frequency of Core Flock events where he gets a hefty bonus, so I wouldn't recommend unlocking his collection entries and immediately fusing him away (unless you wind up with multiples, but in that case you shouldn't even level up the extra ones, it doesn't make a difference when using them for Prestige levels).

9. Epic Buttstomp

Exploiting the resource cap is how I managed to have 100+ silver tickets. Once you have nearly 50 or more silver tickets, hang on to them for the powerful bird. You may loose some tickets thru expiration but the loss is minor compared to what you have.

Red with the white karate outfit evo comes in handy during event. It can kill a big boss with 1 hit from the front.

10. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Game is becoming stale with these boring events and all the in game issues. Prices on packages have also been increasing the last 2 months or so since the berry events have faded into black. Greed upon more greed and very little new content, instead a recycling of the same boring birds with a twist, energy events instead of berries to burn up more of everyones money. Ill skip this event thx Rovio..

11. Epic Buttstomp

The team that I can field this week will be borderline ridiculous. At least 1 Red and possibly 4 Chucks!!! Given how the last few event levels are, bringing my Bomb with thunderdome may be advisable.

All I need is a Chuck event eventually so I can get my 5th Chuck.

12. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

I only have 3 Red 5* birds and out of Claude/Red/Geraldine/Terence - I don’t have a choice but to go for a Red and Claude. I hope they have a Claude event in the near future as well. None of these birds would ever make it to my main team because my dream Pvp team is complete with a Frost, 2xChuck and 2xMatilda

A Deadswin/Heavy Metal Annie event might not be bad at all given the rarity of the birds.

13. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The problem with that as advice is that it is entirely reliant on purchasing tickets via real money or getting remarkably lucky in Eagle Mountain, as those are the only ways to continue collecting additional silver tickets once you've exceeded the "cap", without them either getting entirely lost or sent to the mail box; I've done the latter myself a few times, but it's hardly something you can plan for reliably without spending so many gems that it ceases to be worth it - in the long run you'd lose more silver tickets sitting at the cap assuming you're going to significantly exceed it via Eagle Mountain than you would just staying under/at it. Unless of course you do get remarkably lucky.

Tigerangels42038 and A. Wolf like this.
  14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

It's very unlikely that Claude will be the featured bird in an event, since he's technically always available in the hatching hut. He does show up as the 2nd or 3rd event bird from time to time though (that's how I got mine).

Skit likes this.
  15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Totally agree

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Agree as well.

I actually got mine a few months ago when they had that crazy server error fiasco & i lost tons of resources & a 5* bird from eagle mountain.
    They fought me forever on compensation & i flippantly threw out to them that I would be content with a Claude in place of other compensations... I was shocked to find him in my inbox an hour later...lol

The irony was that i hatched him at random a week later...

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  17. Tigerangels42038

That will be in 2 weeks time, chuck is the next core bird in the rotation.

18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

maybe not in 2 weeks but next core bird in rotation, yes.

19. Tigerangels42038

If they stay on their current pattern we will be getting a core event every other week. I reeeeeally hope they do change it though. A core event every 2 weeks is boring, i have all core birds i dont need any more. Plus it was more exciting when they were further apart, you never knew when one was going to pop up.

20. Epic Buttstomp

The only 2 Core birds that really worth it are: Chuck and Matilda.

The rest are just collector items for the long time Angry Birds games players.