1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any intel on upcoming events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Epic Buttstomp, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I have 2 newer players at home, my son + wife. Son started back in February and wife around Easter. Wife has more gems usually because she goes deep in the arena. However neither of them have the grand collection of birds like I do, so they end up spending their silver tickets chasing after remote odds that can land them something nice. They know my tricks but they choose to spend like they have won the lottery. Son even went the stupid way of buying individual silver tickets and ended up with more garbage!!!

I already told them they should horde for this week Terence event. I think they each have 1 Terence and 1 Red. Terence is a collector item for old time Angry Birds players like my family, 1 is the maximum you need unless they buff him. Same case for Red. It will be stupid to try to get more Chuck when Chuck is the 3rd bird.

As for evo materials, it is always a work-in-progress. I need to leave something undone to give me reasons to play the game regularly. Wife's account have more evo materials because she goes deep in the arena, but she doesn't have the grand collection of birds like me. I play arena to get keys for dungeons, don't care much what rank I end up in. Selling garbage birds help in evo materials and gold coins. It is unlikely the new bird will be so powerful that it has to be used in my main team.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Tiger, your awesome! Very well explained...

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  3. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Wouldnt it be great if new players could actually join here to learn that type of stuff? Instead they have to join flockers to ask questions where all they do is whine and can turn into a war zone at the drop of a hat! Lol

A. Wolf likes this.
  4. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yup. But they can still read no?

5. Tigerangels42038

Yup read, cant ask questions about whatever issue they are having though

6. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

Any news on the next event? :)

7. Epic Buttstomp

My guess based on past trends are some old birds.

I personally hoping the arena rules will come back. I hope they asks for all Yellow team. Imagine 4 Chucks and QB.....

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

1 chuck & 4 qbs would be better

Cowboysfan and Tigerangels42038 like this.
  9. Tigerangels42038

Im not sure they will bring back PvP Rules. There was a sizeable chunk of players that hated it and the worst of the server errors happened while they were in effect.

Cowboysfan and A. Wolf like this.
  10. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i agree

Cowboysfan likes this.
  11. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Which is all the more ironic, after all the "hype" they created on Facebook before they released the rules.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  12. Epic Buttstomp

" sizeable chunk of players that hated it" = those who don't like changes.

IMO they should make the arena rules stricter. Either you follow or no play.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  13. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

I agree, to be honest.
    Because if there's going to be rules that little to nobody would follow, then that'd be a waste of a change.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  14. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

The color teams or "rules" should be a separate bonus event. Otherwise it alienates way too many players.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  15. Epic Buttstomp

Unless we are dealing with new players or those that are very stubborn, most of us have enough to field a team that fit those rules we have seen. Are they the best you can field? Probably not depending on what is allowed by rules. However the arena will match you to someone with the same power level these days. But you will be in deep trouble if you run into those non rule abiding teams.

I know, it sucks when I cannot bring my dream team of 2-3 Chucks, Matilda, a starter to PvP. it slows down my playing speed. Takes too long to kill a hard opponent.....

Cowboysfan likes this.
  16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I disagree. At higher leagues this is not always the case. It marker PVP, yes but not in arena.

I stand by my assessment, which is pretty much exactly why they got rid of it. Way too much blow back (and glitches).
    Obviously, most of us on here would be fine but the majority of players dont have enough decent birds.

I said it before as well, but an all Color DAY that corresponds with the weeks color days would be much more fair for all & not as boring.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

The problem with the PvP rules, beyond things like rampant instability that just happened to coincide with the weeks they were in effect, is that they didn't quite find the "sweet spot" on how to make them impactful enough but also not absolutely miserable. People didn't complain because they "hate change", the initial set of rules was literally the worst week of PvP in the game to date, because it turns out just giving all the pigs interminable amounts of health doesn't make the game any harder but it does make it substantially less fun.

On the flip side, weeks with weaker pigs or small bonuses to specific colors were such minor differences that you could go the entire week and not actually notice anything had changed, and the week where "larger leagues" was the rule (which just then kept happening and eventually stopped even being pointed out as something new) didn't change anything other than the league structure itself. When they started giving trophy bonuses for specific team composition, that was actually something that made a real difference, but it had its own set of problems - there's a reason nobody runs entirely red teams normally, while the "run 5 black birds" week would have been fine if it hadn't literally started with completely broken pigs.

But the thing that really became apparent once they started the new event system is that switching around to specific teams for different things in game was WAY more of a pain than it needed to be; the revamp of the event interface has fixed a lot of those annoyances, but having the option to set task-specific teams like we do with dungeon teams now would go a long way to mitigate the annoyance factor; I don't think we'll see the PvP rules back until we have a way to switch between different teams other than manually changing them (it's been indicated that is something they are working on).

Um, the game absolutely does not in any way attempt to match you up with teams of equivalent power in the actual arena, it's strictly a trophy-based matchmaking system. Also you keep complaining about "non rule-abiding teams" while completely ignoring the fact that the game is selecting those teams as your opponent and they do not necessarily in any way reflect the team that player is actually using for the arena; it's very very obvious when certain players I see all the time are doing event stages or MPDC, because their team composition drastically changes. If my team crushes yours because you're using sub-par birds to meet a requirement for bonus trophies or whatever, how is that in any way my fault if I was doing a wave battle/mini-dungeon with my normal team when the game happened to pick me as your opponent? You're not playing ME, you're playing an AI using a copy of my team - making it literally impossible to start a PvP battle if your team didn't meet the weekly requirement, but leaving the way the game looks for and assigns opponents unchanged, would not fix the thing you are complaining about, in other words.

Tigerangels42038 likes this.
  18. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

what he does not like was the fact that you could play the arena AT ALL without using the "required team" for that week (which was never actually a requirement)...

19. Epic Buttstomp

Asked multiple times on FB about saving of different teams. Rovio keep saying it will come SOON......

20. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Switching between PvE, PvP, MPDC, and Event teams with a single button press would be amazing.