1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien Infiltration Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skit, Aug 7, 2018.

?

Dr. P’s event buff

Poll closed Tuesday at 2:24 AM.
  1. 200%

71.4%
  2. 275%

28.6%
  1. Nyk

Nyk Hatchling

Thanks for the recommendation. Curious as to your reasoning. I wouldn't have considered that combination without your suggestion.

I was considering pulling Ricky Red (blizzard blast) as he gets little use from me, moving Xeno (hunter) to leader and swapping bomb where Ricky is. Both Carson (huge) and bomb (thunderdome) are special forces and Hunter gives +30% to special forces.

That's just my current thoughts. Xeno's pull is attractive but in my opinion, the downfall is matilda is the only supernatural on my team and currently Carson wrecks everything in PvP consistently. My logic might be flawed though, as I haven't upgraded Xeno enough to see. Plus, I think it might be good to replace my leader with a Claude eventually....maybe?

2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

I got Xeno on my 27th ticket. I went with hunters to use with Fringys crossfire like Melchid described. Since i now planned to use Fringy in my main team i made her leader and went with a rainbow team for the full 45%. Never went with a rainbow team before since the black 5* birds ive got are a bit meh, plus needed a bird to gather the pigs in one area so would have needed Matilda or Chuck in the team and id have ended up with too many same colours to make the most out of her leader bonus. I got Xeno to P5 before i ran out of gold and time, will need to wait until next black day to level her up equal with the rest of the team. 20180809_090734.jpg

Cowboysfan, Melchid and PolliSoft like this.
  3. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

My logic was that a 5* is almost always better than a 4* of the same color. Currently I am not impressed with Xeno (Hunter) but have not leveled up to PL yet. Carson is the best of all 4* birds in my opinion, but when you a good 5* bird to take his place Carson should go to your dungeon team and stay there

You should put Claude as leader for the healing abilities when ready but it depends on what you need to do to field the best team for the given task. Don’t remember if you have chuck or not but chuck and bomb work well together. That combo won me many battles

4. PolliSoft

PolliSoft Hatchling

Thanks for asking... Right now it's a rainbow team with Fringy (crossfire) as leader. Then we have Angromedon (stellarize), Chuck (trial by fire), Claude (contagious) and Xenoflocker (hunter's).
    All are P5-P7, and the team power is normally ~41000. In this event though, it goes as high as ~92000 + the 45% attack increase by Fringy. :)

Melchid likes this.
  5. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

That very quickly stops being true once you get to the top tiers of PvP: 4-star birds are a liability when your opponents could be (and probably are) fielding a full roster of 5-star birds at P5+. At the maximum prestige level you can get a 4-star bird up to, which is P8, it will have 6888 power (disregard for the moment what the super shot does). A 5-star bird at P3 meanwhile has 7006 power; at P10, it has 9432. Pigs in the arena scale to the team power you enter with, but your opponents could be running literally anything as matchmaking is only tied to the number of trophies, so every 4-star bird on your team makes it more likely that the AI has a higher health pool and will do more damage to you by killing pigs than your team will.

With the clan buffs in place it's hard to lose in the first place with any halfway decent team, but even with a near-perfect team there will still be times the AI almost kills you (or actually kills you) since there are always random elements at play - every 4-star bird on your team lowers your margin of error, turning near losses into actual losses.

6. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

This is essentially why I had to give up using Carson. I enjoy using him when he is buffed for reasons stated above, but carrying him into PVP became this liability...I had to move to Eddie the bird into his place...

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

Tried Xeno (Hunter lvl 66) yesterday, interesting but not good enough. Finished the event lvls 40+ with Dr Probotnik and Bomb (thunderdome) to control the boss pigs. 2 Chucks and Matilda (magnetize) are the other 3.

For PvP and MPDC I usually have 3 Chucks, Matilda (either evo) and a starter in the middle. On lazy days Dr P will be my starter. Usually finished them by turn 3 or 4.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

I went with Alien evo & it did help with the last few floors of the event paired with Frost & Matilda.
    BUT, i dont see using her anywhere other than dungeon...

9. Tigerangels42038

Looks like im the exception to not liking Xeno Hunter, my P5 works well with my new team and is yet to screw up. I didnt use it in event though my starter team was enough to finish the levels (DrPro Mind Control P5 leader, Angromedon Stellarize P5, Chuck Trial by Fire P6, Red Weak Spot P6, DrPro Cleaveland Steamer P3) . I did use my new team in MPDC runs and for the 1st time in weeks breezed through the runs. So far works well in PvP as well.

Ceez likes this.
  10. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Cool! It makes sense to go with the Hunter version.

11. Melchid

Melchid Hatchling

How's it going? Have you tested Fringy's SS after Xenof? My Xenof got stuck at level 80 lol i'm not that good farming materials :confused:

PS: We got a pretty similar Team, I'm planning to switch Dutch for Xenof. I love Angromedon and prefer Contagious Claude tho

12. Tigerangels42038

They are working well together, Fringy is killing pigs easily with the extra bonus power from Xeno having the pigs together. Its the most powerful ive seen Fringy.

I have a P5 angromedon but i prefer frost, he is always handy at the higher levels of MPDC. Same with Claude, i have a P5 contagious evo but again at the higher levels of MPDC his strong evo can easily kill any of the big pigs that might pop up. Contagious is better in the middle levels of MPDC though, since the pig he hits causes more damage to the other pigs it hits making it more likely to K.O them, so on red day i usually use both of them (wont now since that would ruin Fringys colour bonus)

Melchid likes this.
  13. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

Fringy is a stupid name just use Miffy and say “forget you” to Rovio.

Melchid likes this.
  14. Nyk

Nyk Hatchling

Wow. This is exactly why I joined. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be putting Xeno in for Carson when I get her leveled to P1. It seems everyone is happy with Hunter? What's Claude's type (i.e. supernatural or special forces)?

15. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

Claude's Karate Chop is "a little different".

16. Melchid

Melchid Hatchling

None of his evos is supernatural

Cowboysfan likes this.
  17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Contagious = Special Forces/ Strong = A Little Different, respectively.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  18. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Hatchling

I have read this reasoning about Carson quite often but I have used many birds to replace him and he still reigns as my best option . I use Claude as leader (p7) two chucks (p10 and p8) BILLY the blitz(p6 ...under rated IMO) and Carson fully done up. Carson following chuck makes him clear most boards in PVP , Matilda does the same if i use her but I find Carson more reliable in MP overall(depending on the colour day) so when I'm too lazy to switch teams from PVP to MP I keep Carson in and I rarely loose.
    Now admittedly I am no 50k PVP player but I usually do 20 k or so a week and push it higher if im close to top 5 and need totems.

Oh and Hi . ... glad i could finally join.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Super Cool Bird

welcome.
    For Arena, I would replace Billy or Carson with your Matilda (especially if you choose Magnetize).

20. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Hatchling

Matilda is used quite often in PVP but if i forget to switch back and get stuck with her in an off colour week in MP im ... not happy :). Carson I find even off colour I can hang till level 10 even in a non black week so when I'm busy or know I will be busy and don't want to worry about switching the team up depending on what I'm doing ill keep Carson in
    I do agree that shes fantastic in PVP though , thanks for the advise.