1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien Infiltration Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skit, Aug 7, 2018.

?

Dr. P’s event buff

Poll closed Aug 14, 2018.
  1. 200%

71.4%
  2. 275%

28.6%
  1. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

So, this new event is about to start soon and they are buffing Dr. P by 200% and it also says that birds that are a little different are buffed at 75% and coincidentally it also includes Dr. P’s cleveland steamer evolution (a little different). Does this mean he would get buffed to 275% or is it just going to be a 200% buff. Just curious!

2. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

i was wondering that as well. I never paid attention to the #'s enough before to see if it stacks.

3. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

When they first introduced this event system birds that fit multiple categories got both boosts, but that version also didn't list how much of a bonus was being applied for each bird on your chosen team; with this new version any featured birds that also fit into the broader category don't reflect that in the total bonus % listed in the UI, so it looks like you don't get both anymore. I haven't checked the math to see whether or not it was adding that extra bonus and just not mentioning it though.

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

At the end of the day whether it is 200% or 275% doesn't really matter as most of us will just grab your strong core birds and add couple of these big boosters if they are good enough for the team. It also depends on how they structure the force fields nightmare in the event levels. Last week white birds SS have no problem shooting thru the non-white force fields.

Dr Probotnik is almost a fixture in my team mainly for his mind control in MPDC. He will stay with at least 1 Chuck, probably 2. I can put 1 Angromedon in there. Last spot will probably Matilda but it can also be Bomb (thunder dome).

5. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I just hope the new event bird is decent. I have stopped using black birds now that I got other birds that do greater damage. For the first year I had Dr P and Bomb in the main 5.

6. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Unrelated to the discussion but I see that new members are joining!

Gatorops likes this.
  7. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Great news...we should have cake and ice cream to celebrate!!!!!

8. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Tiny Birdy

???

9. Epic Buttstomp

Now Alien is here, are we expecting to see new birds representing Ripley, Vasquez, Newt, Bishop, Hudson, and Hicks etc?

Cowboysfan likes this.
  10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Lol. Guess they could go that direction or Preditor, pumpkinhead, Jason and Freddy

Cowboysfan likes this.
  11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I think she is a one off...

Cowboysfan likes this.
  12. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Yes, they do stack, by the way.
    So it would be 275%.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  13. Epic Buttstomp

Rovio need ideas for new birds fast. They can only recycle the existing stuff so much.

I would not mind Grandfather Frost before next XMas. He is the last blue I want to get my hand on and failed to do so last time.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  14. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Check the evolutions - Xenoflocker already covers aliens and predators.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

I actually got some good ideas for birds including a St. Patrick’s Day one. Might post about it later.

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I just experience an August miracle. I got the Xeno bird after only 6 silvers and one 10x Golden ticket. In fact, I got xeno and 2x brenda's on the 10x hatch. I have not been that lucky in a long time.

Cowboysfan likes this.
  17. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

Awesome! I got a Xenoflocker after 2t silvers and 2 golds. Also got Darlene and Bette.

18. Skit

Skit Super Cool Bird

3AE6F744-6867-467B-98F8-62416CDC1209.jpeg 056F0ED9-25C8-4233-B921-ACFDFF26BF18.jpeg
    Which Evo should I go for?
    I am leaning towards Xenoblast because I’m not sure what bringing closer to the explosion would do but I have 2 Matilda’s that could use the extra damage even though it doesn’t specify how much damage boost though. Ultimately, it looks cool and has more damage.

19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Moderator

Xenoblast is worse unless you have a full supernatural team. Also Xenoflocker has a bigger range than other 5* black birds. This could be a game changer :rolleyes:

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I don't know. I am lending toward Hunter's because I like those birds that bring them to the center.