1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABE sucks my battery dry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desert Song, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

I play on an iPhone 6s; it's a couple years old and I'm sure the battery isn't what it once was. Even so, no other apps deplete my battery as fast as ABE does! In the last 24 hours it has been responsible for 67% of my battery drain; in the past week 54%.

If my phone is not charging, while playing ABE my battery goes down about 1% every minute. Normally if I leave my phone plugged in while playing, it charges up slowly - in other words the charger beats out the ABE drain. But today (right now still in fact) I am in a conference call that has been going on for a couple hours and I have also been playing ABE; the whole time my phone has been plugged in and charging. All of a sudden I received the dreaded "battery at 20% message." In other words, while using the phone as a phone and playing ABE at the same time, the battery drain is depleting the battery faster than the charger is charging it!

Attached Files:

2. wahappen

wahappen Hatchling

It’s pretty normal. I used to play MCOC and it was worse than ABE.

Just watch for the lightning symbol while plugged in. It could intermittently not be charging. After a couple years these phones are famous for having the lightning ports go bad.

3. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

ABEpic has a similar issue too, so I'm used to this.

4. dosetsu

dosetsu Hatchling

It's an iPhone... iPhones have some of the smallest batteries in modern phones. They have great standby and terrible screen-on-time. It's just something you'll have to deal with - it doesn't matter which game you play, they will all drain it.

Also sounds like you need a new battery, I would take it to an Apple Store and get your battery swapped for a new one - they're letting them go for $29 right now.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018