1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABE Moving backwards? What is going on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by efnaka, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:44 PM.

?

What do you think of the new events?

1. Arbitrarily difficulty and frustrating, but I still love it

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. I just love it

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Making me lose the interest, it is not fun anymore

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. efnaka

efnaka Hatchling

Events are getting nearly impossible without the 1000% birds. However, even buying tickets, which are so expensive now, you need to be really lucky to get to the third hatch. The game is getting frustating for old players, just like that disastrous loolapalooza event. I wasted money buying tickets, but could not hatch event birds in two events in a row.

Why is the game turning into the no more fun direction?

feffe, Buds and Nyk like this.
  2. Roa

Roa Hatchling

Because greed is mostly not coming along with intelligence....

Redwing and Nyk like this.
  3. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

@Greg Nixon you should post this on Flockers and have everyone vote on it. I left the group so I can't do it.

To answer the original post, this game has just drifted too far from what it started out as. Every change in game is made to drive revenue, not keep players happy or interested. Every change insults the long time players and drives them away, and the majority of us are the ones that spends money anyways. Then, they also insult us with changes that reward credit card warriors (highly involved players as they like to call them) and expect us to keep our mouths shut.

Rovio has lost all their experienced game developers, the ones who created the Angry Birds franchise into a massively popular cultural phenomenon and replaced them with a bunch of white collar stock market oriented executives intent on profits above everything. The focus is on money, not their core product which is making fun games. This industry isn't like normal technology companies where efficiency is paramount, this is an emotionally-charged social industry.

If Rovio ever wants to make money, they need to stop focusing solely on how to extract more money from the players. The money will come if players are happy. Focus on making a fun game and rewarding players and the players will spend money. Oh, and lower the price of the special packs and people will spend WAY more. A game is meant to be relaxing and fun. Not a frustrating stress inducing addiction. And judging by the poll responses, I don't think I'm being over-dramatic.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 9:41 PM
    feffe likes this.
  4. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

I don’t mind the events being hard but you should not have to get the third bird to do so. If you have to spend money or a lot of gems to win it is not about the game play but raping the players

Nyk likes this.
  5. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

Hundreds of posts like that out there already lol

They have been hemorrhaging money for a while, mainly started after they went public with their stock, expectations were set too high and nowhere near achieved, had to cut a large percentage of their staff. The dev team has actually built other games for them, and ABE in itself is fairly well developed, glitches and bugs are inevitable unfortunately. The greed stems from the main company of course as they are the ones making the big decisions.

As a long time player I like the concept of the masters as it gives ones like myself something new to shoot for, but I'd much rather they only be obtainable in the event levels. Like I said in a previous post get the master for mastering the challenge.

I also rather enjoy the challenge the levels bring at times, because in certain situations it makes me have to slow down and focus versus the monotony and simplicity of the rest of the game, but still considering my overall flock and levels they sit at I typically manage to close out the event in the first 4 to 12 hours if I'm not tied up with other things, so even there the challenge is fleeting.

Putting the masters in the hatch hut, or EM, cheapens them while at the same time is a cash grab targeted at primarily the newer players and the fanatical players regardless of how long they've played, those with that OMG I must have it personality. And yeah I get that way at times with certain birds I don't have a first or second evo of, but a master of one I rarely use regardless of how good it might be, yeah I won't go into debt trying to buy it.

These events don't require the 1000% buffed bird to complete them, quite often they don't even require more than maybe 3 buffed birds at all, if you have other good birds that you can use and some patience. Sad that most feel it is that way, or has proven to be seeing they don't have other birds that would work. If the game as a whole was meant to be easy, meant for everyone to get everything every time, you'd be able to buy anything and everything whenever you wanted.

The key is to realize that everything takes time, and to play for the fun of it, when it stops being fun for whatever reason simply invest your time, attention, and monies elsewhere.

feffe, Platty, Roa and 1 other person like this.
  6. Platty

Platty Tiny Birdy

I am a new player.

I didn’t have Master QB, I passed lvl85. I hatched my first fringy and first lil pecker with about 200 accumulated silver and gold...I don’t remember I got any event bird without going to 15x...my team is pecker, fringy, red, red, chuck. Just lucky there is no cross after lvl 79.
    Always pecker go first, then chuck will draw all small and some mid sized pigs in the middle, and then fringy is happy to kill most of them with 1.4^n power, at last two reds will take care of the giant ones.

A member in my clan got the master QB but still can’t pass because his 84 has a cross in the middle...it hurts even just thinking about the layout.

This game is just a kind of game of luck, even in arena. So everything takes time.

Knowing all that, against all my knowledge about statistics, I put all the rest of my silver and gold to hatch the master QB. Of cours, I am in x11, but nothing good hatched...

So, if u had a really unlucky week and feel frustrated, don’t open your wallet, just let it go. Next week u will have a better one.

7. Platty

Platty Tiny Birdy

I agree with most of what you said. Just don’t understand how could so many <0.001 cases happen so often. Like going to x25 for event bird once in a couple of weeks...it is sooooo against statistics...

8. Greg Nixon

Greg Nixon Super Cool Bird

Based on increasing odds according to their info screen in the hatch hut there are statistical odds in play, but reality it's just pure random luck and the only true statistic is that you have a 50% chance of every hatch being an event bird, either it is or it isn't. I've pulled all three birds in as few as 20 to 30 tickets, and then again I've thrown down as many as 464 hatches just to get all three (was my highest). Normal basis I've got all three within 100, and at least a second of two of them within another 50 or so.

Platty likes this.
  9. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

For me, not having over-boosted master birds haven't been the biggest obstacle getting to L80+ this event and the previous. It's been lack of resources to level the other event birds. Looking at it, I really wouldn't mind if Rovio dropped keys or energy from the level rewards and replaced them with evo mats and essence.

10. Platty

Platty Tiny Birdy

I will be so happy if I can get all 3 within 100 tickets. However I just start playing events in last two month. I can’t recall I have got any three of them within 150 draws...sometimes, I reached 11 or 15x at the third bird and time just run out.

11. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Anyone should be thrilled to get all 3 with 100 hatches.... that would be crazy good odds.

12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Sounds about right. Average is x12-17. You were just shy of x14.

13. Platty

Platty Tiny Birdy

Always see people report hatch all 3 with around 100 tickets...lol guess it is just the survival bias.

Redwing likes this.
  14. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I managed to get this event and last event done without Master QB and Master Claude respectively. I can understand those who don't have a good enough collection and want to hatch one. The key is you have to know when to stop.

15. Redwing

Redwing Super Cool Bird

For those hatching, yes. But how do you stop when you're throttled by lack of resources, despite investing time into those areas of the game that provide them? Sadly, the stop point there is the player weighing up how much real money they want to put into a worthless virtual collection. That wallet vote is somewhat meaningless if all the hatchimals are throwing money hand-over-fist to Rovio for extra tickets.

16. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

yeah, I spent 250 hatches last week & 280 or so this week.