1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few misc. questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magnuson, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Hey guys, I just had a few random questions for you experienced players, if you don't mind my still-a-little-noobish inquiries:
    1. Is there any significance or meaning to the changing colors (blue, orange, etc.) of the scout flags that pop up around your island?
    2. I noticed that the flags jump around to the various colored islands over the course of time. Is this a timed change, or is it just random?
    3. Is there ANY strategy at all to hatching success, particularly with the timing of using silver vs. gold tickets, or is it entirely random?
    4. Is there ANY strategy at all to success in EM? It appears to be entirely random in my limited experience thus far, but some on Flockers seem to think there are some strategies that actually work there. One person suggested always picking a door after a pig shows up at that door, but that is about the only thing I DON'T do, because it seems like about 80% of the time that I try that, the pig comes right back to the same door again, and has a good laugh over tricking me! I just do not understand how anyone can possibly reach floor 70 without spending tons of gems. I think the furthest I've ever gotten before hitting the 200 gem pig was around the early 40s.
    5. I've read some of you referring to your "gold farming" teams. Do you get more gold from scout battles with some teams than you do with others? I've just been quick battling everything except gold and gem pig battles. It appears that with gold and gem pigs, you get more gold/gems if you can KO them in fewer turns, correct?
    6. There was a "two for one" sale on rune keys over New Years. Have they done that any other time of the year? Should I be saving up my keys, or just use them as I get enough to buy runes?

Thanks in advance for any answers/suggestions, and good luck to you all with the event!

2. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

1. Is there any significance or meaning to the changing colors (blue, orange, etc.) of the scout flags that pop up around your island?
    Yes orange means they are free scouts, blue means you will use a berry if you play it

2. I noticed that the flags jump around to the various colored islands over the course of time. Is this a timed change, or is it just random?
    Every 10 mins

3. Is there ANY strategy at all to hatching success, particularly with the timing of using silver vs. gold tickets, or is it entirely random?
    Its completely up to RNGesus.. but most players would say they dont use gold tickets until the multiplier is about 7 or higher. No concrete proof it works but its what most do.

4. Is there ANY strategy at all to success in EM? It appears to be entirely random in my limited experience thus far, but some on Flockers seem to think there are some strategies that actually work there. One person suggested always picking a door after a pig shows up at that door, but that is about the only thing I DON'T do, because it seems like about 80% of the time that I try that, the pig comes right back to the same door again, and has a good laugh over tricking me! I just do not understand how anyone can possibly reach floor 70 without spending tons of gems. I think the furthest I've ever gotten before hitting the 200 gem pig was around the early 40s.
    Personally no it does not matter. I used to play select the door after the pig in the beginning before they changed it. Since they changed it it doesnt matter what door you pick, the minute you clicked to enter your layout was decided by the RNGesus.. IMO of course. The real knack to EM is knowing when to quit. Sometimes a run just isnt going to go your way and there is no point in throwing good gems after bad, you need to learn when to quit and do another run instead.

5. I've read some of you referring to your "gold farming" teams. Do you get more gold from scout battles with some teams than you do with others? I've just been quick battling everything except gold and gem pig battles. It appears that with gold and gem pigs, you get more gold/gems if you can KO them in fewer turns, correct?
    Ill answer this one shortly but not on a Rovio controlled forum.

6. There was a "two for one" sale on rune keys over New Years. Have they done that any other time of the year? Should I be saving up my keys, or just use them as I get enough to buy runes?
    The 2 for 1 sale was for thanksgivings black friday/cyber week sales. No indication if they will ever be back

honeybun, Buds, Platty and 1 other person like this.
  3. Platty

Platty Super Cool Bird

Sometimes I am amazed by your patience.

Buds, Nyk and Rando like this.
  4. Rando

Rando Super Cool Bird

She is an angel you know...:rolleyes:;)

5. Magnuson

Magnuson Super Cool Bird

Thanks Tigerangels. Yeah, I meant black Friday, not New Years, lol.

6. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Motherflocker

I must be i have it tattooed on me :D:p

Platty, Buds, Rando and 1 other person like this.