1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 New Birds Coming !!! ‘ EVERTON SOCCER STARS ‘ ! August 22th - 28th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenoflocker, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Heck, gold was the thing in short supply even before the nerf - it used to be either that or the totems to use with it, but they've been adjusting event rewards to the point where I'm tripping over those now; at this point I'm resigned to just selling the excess prestige totems I get because I can't possibly use them all up before hitting the cap again each week (30 is just a stupidly low number to cap those at).

2. Starman.thc

Starman.thc Super Cool Bird

My current issue is being able to afford to use my Prestige Totems...lately I have been running low on Gold and certain color evo mats (having to rush to advance the newest birds tend to drain my reserves of the particular color of the moment). Haven't yet figured out what I am going to gain per week with the new MPDC setup. I guess one thing that could help my gold a little is that I will have to sell some prestige totems before I lose them.

3. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

I had to do that for the first time last week.

4. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

Finally found out why Everton! A clan mate found a google image that shows Rovio sponsor Everton, have for the last 2 seasons..although rather than having Rovio on their shirts they have Angry Birds.. which has lead to much ridicule from their fans lol. I was reading the sponsor announcement when i came across this interesting quote from the CMO...
    20180821_013217.jpg
    HAHAHAHA!! Oh reeeeally :D

Ceez, Redwing, RemixFTW and 1 other person like this.
  5. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Nice find Tiger!

6. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

Wait, they are a real team??

7. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

8. Tigerangels42038

Its difficult to gauge sarcasm just reading text so im just going to go with its a real question.. yes Everton are a real team, they play in the English Premier League. Its been bugging me since the event was announced why they chose Everton out of all the clubs in the EPL nevermind the world lol, now i know!

Yeah that top link is where i got the screenshot of the CMOs quote of how they value "putting fans first".. haha yeah right..

I dont think there will be many Everton events in ABE the future, Rovio have been sponsoring Everton since 2016 and this is the 1st event we have seen in their games. They seem to be doing more PR events than incorporating them into their games.

9. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I'm not a sports fan, and being from the US means I pay even less attention to soccer than other sports. I had no idea they were a real team. It is a shame they chose Everton instead of a (IMO) better team like Manchester United. Thanks for the info.

10. Tigerangels42038

Thats part of what was bugging me originally, Everton are a good enough team but there are bigger clubs with more brand recognition for a one time deal, but now i know its sponsorship i get it, i dont think Rovio could have got a partnership with the bigger clubs, it all makes sense now lol :)

11. Redwing

Redwing Tiny Birdy

How much did Rovio loose after they decided to list themselves? After paying themselves and the shareholders, they probably couldn't afford a partnership with one of the more internationally recognised teams. :D

Ceez likes this.
  12. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

A press release earlier this year said they lost $500M due to a drop in share prices after the IPO related to excessive staff costs, lost revenue from a delayed AB 2 movie, and less player spending. Shortly after the investor call and subsequent press release, that's when all the major changes started happening in April. An article I saw earlier this week said they had managed to turn things around but they still weren't making enough.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...er-rovio-falls-most-since-its-ipo-in-helsinki

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/08/17/business/17reuters-rovio-results.html

http://kidscreen.com/2018/08/17/rovio-revenue-falls-17-in-q2/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Redwing likes this.
  13. Epic Buttstomp

I can bet without reading first the article was probably written by an Angry Birds fan who was given ridiculous amount of in game resources so he wrote a good article.

AB 2 movie will be a waste of money anyway. Even the original one only made sense to long time fans. Major changes only made people mad and pay them less.

14. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Got one of those dumb birds using 15 silver and 6 10x....I am stupid :-(

15. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

I’m off to a great start. Will post Cenk’s evolutions shortly.
    C2589752-362E-4EB0-8517-04289C2B71E1.jpeg

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

The sad thing is that I did not get any extra 4* birds or any 5* (except event bird) with all those hatches. I hope you have guys have better luck

17. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Posted his evolutions on a new thread

18. onyxcv

onyxcv Tiny Birdy

This event is total bs, first time ever I've spent so many eggs and not hatch a bird. Ridiculous :mad: rovio is getting worse and worse

Attached Files:

19. RemixFTW

RemixFTW Forum Mod

Trust me, the eggs aren’t rigged. There’s a whole thread explaining the luck and odds of hatching the event bird. It’s just bad luck.

20. Epic Buttstomp

My start was crappy. Tied the Miffy record before getting Theo at 28x. Still have 5 gold and 8 silver after the draining of the reservoir..... No more hatching this time. Praying for luck in EM again.