1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 New Birds Coming !!! ‘ EVERTON SOCCER STARS ‘ ! August 22th - 28th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xenoflocker, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Tigerangels42038

Tigerangels42038 Super Cool Bird

They test nothing before release, it has been driving us all nuts. Even the most incompetent companies test things out before unleashing it on their unsuspecting customers, but noooo not Rovio! Lol :rolleyes:

2. Ceez

Ceez Tiny Birdy

Yea thats a shame and why this game is destined to fail. AB2 has also followed down the same route. Ive watched that become almost a pay to play platform

Epic Buttstomp likes this.
  3. Tigerangels42038

Aw thats a shame as well, AB2 was the reason i played this. I kept seeing the advertising on it for this so tried it out. Ended up playing this more than AB2 and when my full time game GFG went inactive i stopped playing that and AB2 and just played ABE. Looks like i stopped playing AB2 just in time.

4. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

AB2 brought this to itself by allowing the hoarding of everything without limits. The bird levels then went out of hand as people were maxing out within days of new levels released. Arena was manageable in the beginning but it became unplayable without full load of spells at the top of the streaks. Clan event prizes are out of reach unless someone pay plenty of gems to replay.

I still play AB2 in a minor scale, spells I hoarded back then still floating around. Arena tickets I have hundreds since I don't really care about that anymore. Good thing about AB2 is I can play without internet connection, great for subway rides.

Ceez likes this.
  5. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I know the super shot descriptions are wildly inaccurate, but is it just me or does it seem like the black soccer bird could possibly be useful with the health regen? Depending on his evolutions I feel like there could be a strategy somewhere.

Under the old MPDC, I think he could have been useful, but with the recent change, it doesn't seem to be very challenging anymore.

6. Tigerangels42038

I think that will change the further up the tiers we get, it will be like the event, 1st few levels ridiculously easy then it ramps up quick.

7. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

Tiers 3 and 4 were still REALLY easy, and 2 of the 4 challenges only have 7 tiers. Starting to think they may have decided to make the whole thing much easier across the board when they also decided to unlock it way earlier in the game.

8. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Or, the later 12 waves will be hard(ish) & the 7 waves will be easy?...

9. Shaggy Phoenix

Shaggy Phoenix Hatchling

I don’t know I think it’s OK so far. I mean it is Angry Birds evolution the game should constantly evolve. Keeps it interesting. See how plays out tomorrow

10. ADBjester

ADBjester Tiny Birdy

Where did the poll say "next week"?
    Jester

11. ADBjester

ADBjester Tiny Birdy

Why not? I have two leveled-up of each five-star, one for each evolution. It's useful to have them on hand when event buff birds are needed.
    Jester

RNGesus likes this.
  12. Shaggy Phoenix

Shaggy Phoenix Hatchling

I do the same for the buffs

13. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

What he was saying was it is better to save the evo than upgrade Red needlessly high. He will not be on the main team in a couple months so do not deplete your resources on Red at the expense of other better birds

When I get average to below average 5* birds I get to level 60 and chose the evolved bird I desire and the sit and only upgrade when I need to clean room in the inventory or I have to much evo. Over the last 1+ years I have accumulated several 5* birds that sit in my inventory at the unevolved 100 level

14. Epic Buttstomp

Epic Buttstomp Super Cool Bird

I like Rovio to say something about the Bird Voting results last week and when we will see them officially.

15. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

That advice would make more sense if evolution materials were scarce, or if you needed them at all once your primary/dungeon teams have unlocked prestige levels. If I didn't level up all the 5* birds in my collection (even the ones I don't use AT ALL), I would just be constantly at the resource cap for evolution materials, the game throws ridiculous amounts of those at you. Regardless of how terrible a 5* is, advancing it is pretty much never going to be a waste even if you wind up benching it indefinitely, because Adventures are still a thing; the more birds you have available with respectable amounts of power, the more of those you can have running simultaneously after all.

16. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Think I am saying the same thing. I am often am at the maximum limits of evo, because I want to keep enough on hand to upgrade a new event bird on it color day; however, I do not use my evo to upgrade needless birds until I need too. Example:
    Let's say I got my second Steve during this last event. Think we both would agree Steve is an average to below average 5* bird. I would upgrade him to 60 and evo him to the one I did not have before. Seeing that I will not use him in my dungeon team because of the ones I already have there, I will let him stay there until I have excess evo and need to dump some evo and/or shiney 1-3* birds. If I had white 4* birds I would evolve it to level 51 before I would level up my second Steve beyond evolved level 60. Better use of evo material and level 51 4* goes a long way to upgrade new 5* white birds. If it would benefit me to have two evolved Steve birds for the upcoming event then I would then upgrade my second Steve...until that happens he would be slowly upgraded to higher levels.
    I would only evolve my second Steve to prestige level if I needed him for an event. Waste of resources to upgrade a bird you will seldom use that high in my opinion.

Hope I made sense.

17. Gildan

Gildan Super Cool Bird

You make sense, it's just in my case a combination of minor OCD and nothing better to do lead me to take a different approach - all of my 5* birds are level 100, except for any I have just acquired (at the moment that's a 2nd Steve, coincidentally enough), so when I get a new one I really don't have anything else to advance except that particular bird, unless I acquire multiple new 5*s in close proximity. Also I prestige absolutely all of them because the flashing "Max Level" message annoys me and I want it to stop.

I do still prioritize which ones get attention first (non-dungeon team birds are 3rd tier priority below advancing my core team and the respective dungeon teams), but they're all getting upgraded to at least P5 sooner or later (and from then all the way to 10, eventually, once the main team and the ones I like better are done).

18. Nyk

Nyk Super Cool Bird

I've been playing ABE since around February and I have never had an abundance of Evo mats. For the high level players who score 10s of thousands in the arena every week and obtain hundreds+ keys per week, an abundance may exist. In my case however, my PB right now is only 10,559 (I could easily get a few thousand higher if I played more) and Evo mats are few and far between. The Evo mats are my one progression limiting item hands down.

Personally, unless someone has an abundance of mats, I don't think it's wise to waste them upgrading a bird that will not be in a dream team eventually, until at least one dream team (with several 5* birds at a minimum) exists for that player unless it benefits them greatly in the short term.

I think your advice is accurate though, if there is an abundance of Evo mats.

19. A. Wolf

A. Wolf Motherflocker

Really? I am always full of them too, just like Gildan.
    Are you running Dungeons? They give a lot, as does EM now days.

Its Gold that is the limiting factor for me now that they nerfed it so bad.

20. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Before and now you have to play the dungeons and, therefore, the arena to evolve in this game. If you are not doing those two things you have no foundation to complain. Advanced players (not the ones that score 1,000,000 point to get elite birds) need coins to elevate prestige birds higher. Nerfing the coins makes this twice as hard as before. Thus, this is my angst and disappointment